• Likes 48

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i had to reformat my whole drive so i could add the 20gb fat partiton to it.

Transfered over 64 games from my other drive to the new one and it took wbfs manager almost 4 hours to complete.

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
My hdd partitions is 150gb NTFS and 150gb wbfs.
- Fat32 has a file restriction at 4gb, thats the reason why i rather use an sd card.

slicer74

Trophies
Website
slicer74.ifrance.com
XP
Country
Canada
OK, i saw that there's many improvment in the last few days.

I wanna know wich cIOS is the best right now to work with this GX ?

Current setup

Wii 4.0U
cIOS38 rev12
USBLoader GX rev 437 (around)

All my games are working, includint Sing It with the microphone.

Thx guys for this awesome works.

lorenzo67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, this is my first post but i follow you from the beginning.

I try to use the last rev, but:

-On grid view i don't see nothing
-if i'm not connected and try to update, dump
-I don't see where indicate the language file is
-is possible to add path for 2d image?

I use cios rev9 on 3.2 system

Thank you for your great work!

Lorenzo

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quick feature request: Since you said now that the 2d covers look better than the 3d covers when using the wall and whatnot, can you implement a system that lets you re-download covers? Right now I have all 3d covers, and so my solution was to customize a new path for covers so I could download all the things I had already loaded, but it'd be nice to have the ability to re-download old covers...

I just don't like having to move my USB hard drive back to my desktop in another room in order to make changes on my FAT32 partition. Ideally the "SD Explorer" app would also let me browse the USB drive, or at the very least the FTPii program would actually work on the USB drive without causing file system errors, but until that happens, would this feature be possible?

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(jono@home @ Jun 10 2009, 10:35 AM) any chance of adding an auto IOS Reload like neogamma when trying to mount a wbfs device to increase compatibility with certain enclosures and HDDs

would this work with, i dunno.. just a thought...

uloader recognises my hardrive straight away with no problems..

however this loader i always get prompted to load cios for the hard drive to be detected..

Ironically the cfg files and the loader boot fine from the usb drive... Its just when it comes to the detect bit for the loader itself...

I also have always had to choose to try again and then power cycle the drive. Has always been this way. I have to do the same in order to use the USB game forwarder channels from the system menu too though. So to me it seems more like a CiOS issue than the Loader issue. But perhaps ULoader has figured out a way to correct the issue.

Shonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of having a forwarder that only searches on usb drives

when my sd card is inserted there is large delays and also the screen goes all garbled for a few seconds after usb loader gx is loaded in
if the sd isnt inserted its fine

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
Quick feature request: Since you said now that the 2d covers look better than the 3d covers when using the wall and whatnot, can you implement a system that lets you re-download covers? Right now I have all 3d covers, and so my solution was to customize a new path for covers so I could download all the things I had already loaded, but it'd be nice to have the ability to re-download old covers...

I just don't like having to move my USB hard drive back to my desktop in another room in order to make changes on my FAT32 partition. Ideally the "SD Explorer" app would also let me browse the USB drive, or at the very least the FTPii program would actually work on the USB drive without causing file system errors, but until that happens, would this feature be possible?

What if you just made a new path for the images.

For example im using

usb:apps/usbloader_gx/images/ for all my 3d images.

What if i changed the path to

usb:apps/usbloader_gx/images2/

Then when it saved the settings no more covers would be shown since the path changed.
Then you could just click on the blank cover and redownload all the images again but this time in 2d.

Only issues i can think of are.

Im not sure if you make a new path and the folder isnt there would the loader automatically make the folder for you?
Or does the folder need to be there already.

Also when you switch between coverwall(using 2d images) and normal list view(3d images)
The images would be reverse what you wanted until you changed the path back to the correct one(3d for list view/2d for coverwall).

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ok, I can't wait until the FAQ in the site is updated...just one quick question...:

The new FAT32/USB-Support allows everything what the SD can also do? So Updating/downloading Covers/Titles.txt/Themes/etc now all works from USB without any problem? If so, that's pure awesomeness...

Thanks in Advance for answering...
smile.gif

Now I need to look if I could get Code downloader and CheatManager to work with USB...
tongue.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
Hooya said:

What if you just made a new path for the images.

For example im using

usb:apps/usbloader_gx/images/ for all my 3d images.

What if i changed the path to

usb:apps/usbloader_gx/images2/

Then when it saved the settings no more covers would be shown since the path changed.
Then you could just click on the blank cover and redownload all the images again but this time in 2d.

Only issues i can think of are.

Im not sure if you make a new path and the folder isnt there would the loader automatically make the folder for you?
Or does the folder need to be there already.

Also when you switch between coverwall(using 2d images) and normal list view(3d images)
The images would be reverse what you wanted until you changed the path back to the correct one(3d for list view/2d for coverwall).

That was my workaround, but now I have two covers directories with files in them. In and of itself that's not a big deal, but say you accidentally click on Normal Covers when your current config file is pointing to your "3d" covers folder: now you'd have a mix of different cover styles in one folder. Having the option to re-download all covers or to delete individual cover images so you can re-download those would be good options to have I think.

Scenario: Accidentally download 5 covers of the wrong style. Find those games, delete the covers individually from the disk settings dialog, then re-download those missing covers. OR, from the "download covers" dialog check a box that says "re-download all covers" and hit the button for 3D or Normal covers as you want.

Finally, for the devs: I'm getting stack and/or code dumps on rev487 when trying to load a game after attempting to download images.

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let me ask something, once I asked in a forum if I needed to install the cIOS222, for USB2.0 support.
Somebody said that It comes inside cIOS36, when we install it. I beleived.

Today, I set a game to load from 222 in GX, but it gave me an error that I didn't have 222 installed...
So do I have or do not ?

Is it safe to install and is there a specifc version that GX works or conflicts ?

Thanks...

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shonk said:
Any chance of having a forwarder that only searches on usb drives

when my sd card is inserted there is large delays and also the screen goes all garbled for a few seconds after usb loader gx is loaded in
if the sd isnt inserted its fine

This happens for me too. As much of a pain it probably is, I'd like to see a dedicated USB version of the forwarder as well.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lexlth said:
Let me ask something, once I asked in a forum if I needed to install the cIOS222, for USB2.0 support.
Somebody said that It comes inside cIOS36, when we install it. I beleived.

Today, I set a game to load from 222 in GX, but it gave me an error that I didn't have 222 installed...
So do I have or do not ?

Is it safe to install and is there a specifc version that GX works or conflicts ?

Thanks...

Don't try to run any games from 222, it won't work no matter what you have installed. Always run a game at 249. I don't even know why they have the option enabled right now, as it simply doesn't work. I thought that just installing 222 enabled the 2.0 on the port, but all my questions to this topic have been unanswered. The best I can come up with is the use the 222 installer available from the GX website downloads section and just run your games with 249.

WiiMonkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When trying to compile the latest version i get this error

> "make"
"make": svnversion: Command not found
make[1]: svnversion: Command not found

naed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i still get the offset pointer glitch, this specifically happens when entering a games settings and changing ios to 222 then back to 249

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
still hoping to see this support Mload until then this one for me is on the back burner.

What are the advantages of this? I have the files, installed them, noticed no difference, so I rolled back to Hermes 222 v1 since that's what's recommended on the GX homepage - although I honestly don't see what it does (see my above post).

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
stupid question ....

the start on the top bar I assume stands for favourites (which you can set on the setting for each game) but what do the ABC and bar chart thing do ?

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks - thought that's what the chart probably meant.

So the bug about only the "usb loader" being recognised by the Wii's play history has been fixed ? Or is the loader keeping it's own stats ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol