• Views 7,273,366
  • Replies 29,404
  • Likes 48

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am I the only one that has to have the SD card out in order for the Loader to work off the USB drive? also, is 10GB a good size for the FAT partition?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Him3000 said:
It says USB device not found =(. I have CIOS Rev13b 249. Its a new external HDD I got with a Samsung 40GB 2.5 drive. Am I screwed?

using that cios your hard drive has to be plugged into the wii a certain wii.Double check it .

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
bnm81002 said:
am I the only one that has to have the SD card out in order for the Loader to work off the USB drive? also, is 10GB a good size for the FAT partition?

Yes. Make sure you delete your /config folder from the SD card.

My FAT partition is only 5GB.

so after I delete the config folder, I can leave the SD card in the Wii and it will load off the drive? I have 1GB which seems enough for now

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started using this loader today. It fixed some boot problems on a few games...

The covers don't work well at all on the r468 (a few sporadic covers might show up here and there) but work well on the 487 version.

The really annoying thing is that each game has to crash or freeze the Wii the first time it's loaded then works thereafter.

4.0u waninkoko
cIOS rev13 (NOT b)

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I just read the new post. And I thank some people need to read the post more. I don't mind the extra post but most things have been ansered.
1. The loader still needs the wbfs partition to load wii games.
2. If you have the loader in apps on both sd and usb drive it will code dump and mess up startup.
3. The new grid mod will only show up in widescreen.
4. If you have less then 42 games in grid mod and press up or down it will code dump.
5. If you go to the grid mod with less then I thank 16 games on the wii the wii will code dump and you will have to remove the config file to get the loader to startup again.
I thank I got every thing. rev488.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
I just started using this loader today. It fixed some boot problems on a few games...

The covers don't work well at all on the r468 (a few sporadic covers might show up here and there) but work well on the 487 version.

The really annoying thing is that each game has to crash or freeze the Wii the first time it's loaded then works thereafter.

4.0u waninkoko
cIOS rev13 (NOT b)

No games crash for me loading them the first time and im using rev488 and cios12

I think what your talking about is the bug in rev13 that causes any loader to freeze up when you attempt to load a second game after quiting/finishing the 1st one you started.

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
bannerxeu.png
r488
Current -- DOL / ELF

USB fat support is out

check the latest news post at the site for more info

OR
check the site's http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/ download page for the
latest official channel (r475 - 2009/06/08),
the new official forwarder (2009/06/09),
official covers (2009/05/28) and discs (2009/05/30) packs, language files,
old hermes 222 which was compatible, Waninkoko's cIOS38 v13b plus anything else that worth the space
tongue.gif

You can also grab the now outdated pack of Version 1.0 for the icon and meta file.AND
Click here to stay informed on the current NEWS about the loader and important stuff
(plz read
the first post or the help page + FAQ page at the sitebefore asking
)

People who cant load the loader or having some troubles
they should try to use .ELF
since .ELF is a lot more accurate in processing code

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Enkera said:
Mario Kart Wii keeps giving me a black screen after the wrist-strap warning,
any ideas?
Could be a bad rip of the game.

not sure what your setup is but maybe your playing a pal game on ntsc console and your not forcing something.

Sometimes my games freeze up at that screen as well.I just restart the loader and try again and they work.
I know ive had the same problem with mario kart that your talking.

Mine isnt a bad rip either its my own disk i backed up.

mickh

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all

I am experiencing some odd behaviour with my USB HDD after a code dump in USB Loader GX.

Yesterday I installed Call of Duty (World At War) to my HDD. After the install I went to run the game and I got a code dump! I rebooted the Wii and HDD and the game then worked fine, but since this the Free Space on my HDD has reduced by nearly 100GB.

Where do the code dumps get dumped to? Could it be marking sectors on the HDD incorrectly? Now when using WBFS Manager my HDD reads that there is 390GB Used Space, but I only have 70 games installed, most of which are less than 2GB.

I have posted query with WBFS Manager to see if it is a bug there, but it is a coincidence that it has happened after a code dump with USB Loader GX.

Help anyone!

Thanks

Mickh

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mickh said:
Hi all

I am experiencing some odd behaviour with my USB HDD after a code dump in USB Loader GX.

Yesterday I installed Call of Duty (World At War) to my HDD. After the install I went to run the game and I got a code dump! I rebooted the Wii and HDD and the game then worked fine, but since this the Free Space on my HDD has reduced by nearly 100GB.

Where do the code dumps get dumped to? Could it be marking sectors on the HDD incorrectly? Now when using WBFS Manager my HDD reads that there is 390GB Used Space, but I only have 70 games installed, most of which are less than 2GB.

I have posted query with WBFS Manager to see if it is a bug there, but it is a coincidence that it has happened after a code dump with USB Loader GX.

Help anyone!

Thanks

Mickh
I dont think the code dumps any data to your hdd, it certainly wouldnt be a few gigs worth and it wouldnt dump it to the wbfs partition either since only games can go there. Your wbfs partition could just be corrupted, it can happen if you delete games or have a bad rip.

mickh

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Chaos Punk

Is there any way of knowing I have a bad rip? All the games seem to be loading fine!

If there is a bad rip and I remove it will there still be corruption on the drive?

Would I be better extracting all the ISOs as CISOs, reformat the HDD and add them all again?

Sorry for the questions, but I am new to the USB Loader thing. Finding it great though.

Thanks

Posts merged

Also meant to ask, what the best way to rip the games is. I have been using USB Loader 1.5 originally to rip discs. I then used WBFS Manager to copy downloaded ISOs. I have used the USB Loader GX install option for some also.

Thanks

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mickh said:
Thanks Chaos Punk

Is there any way of knowing I have a bad rip? All the games seem to be loading fine!

If there is a bad rip and I remove it will there still be corruption on the drive?

Would I be better extracting all the ISOs as CISOs, reformat the HDD and add them all again?

Sorry for the questions, but I am new to the USB Loader thing. Finding it great though.

Thanks

Posts merged

Also meant to ask, what the best way to rip the games is. I have been using USB Loader 1.5 originally to rip discs. I then used WBFS Manager to copy downloaded ISOs. I have used the USB Loader GX install option for some also.

Thanks
Well im not really sure of the best way, but id go with 1.5 or gx to rip games directly. And IF your hdd is corrupted you'd have to back it up and reformat it. I dont know how to tell if a game is a bad rip, maybe if things dont load right or even at all. But id go ahead and reinstall the game just to be sure. Others have had problems with running games the first time too, but they mever had the data problem...

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Alright guys, so ive had everything working fine, I have just one problem. When ive finished playing a game and go back to the Wii menu, then load USBL GX to play another game, when i select the game it freezes. If I turn off the Wii, then back on again its fine. Any ideas how to solve this? Or am I doing someting wrong?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you're doing wrong is not reading what has been posted here and several other places a hundred times. There is a bug in cIOS that causes exactly what you describe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: how many girlfriends is too many