• Likes 48

remixer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
I have been using a dual partition Fat 32 and wbfs format To do this in windows go to the computer icon and right click on it, now go down to manager and click on that now go to disk management. Find the hard drive you want to use. Next delet all partitions. Setup a new partition fat32 no more then 31gb, I could be wrong but I thank fat can only go to 31gb. Next partition the rest of the hard drive ntsf. Run a wbfs program on your computer to format the ntsf partition to wbfs. Now put the files on the fat partition. Now I am having problems with rev482 and the updater. Every time I try it code dumps. Just wanted to let you guys know. But great work on this its doing awsome.

not wrong but not exactly right ... the 32GB limit is only a limitation of XP & Vista
go to google and type in fat32 formatter theres a bunch ...
i picked this one at random http://www.filetransit.com/view.php?id=63047 theres a bunch of progs like this that will let you format to whatever you want
my 400GB Wd passport currently has a 100GB FAT32 partion and a 300Gb WBFS partion working just nicely
i use the fat32 section to dump movies /tv crap onto so i can use mediaplayer to watch avi's on my tv.

TGRIP

Trophies
XP
Country
TGRIP said:
Hi guys.
Can anyone tell me how i can use cheats with USB LoaderGX? Step by step, please, cuz i tryed all the stuff and nothing =(

The game to cheat (testing) is Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (R49E01)
Code:
R49E01
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Max Bananas
C2053D38 00000002
38A0270F 90A30070
60000000 00000000
C2047274 00000002
3800270F 90030070
60000000 00000000

Max Lives
C22349B4 00000002
38000063 90030000
60000000 00000000

Infinite Hearts
040BBCB4 9083094C

Infinite HP
C2047BCC 00000002
2C1F270F 41820008
90030010 00000000
0404807C 60000000

I got in my SD card root \codes-> R49E01.gtc

I tryed to change the name of GTC, puting the past on the other place, still...cheats dont work.
In GeckOs runs good.

Sry my poor english, i hope u guys understand what i said.
Thx in advance
smile.gif

QUOTE(tj_cool @ Jun 9 2009, 08:47 PM) download ocarina
It comes with a pc app called codemgr
paste the codes in a txt file and read them with codemgr
select the codes you want and click 'export to gct'
select the sd card and click save
then activate ocarina in the game settings

But why i need to download Ocarina if the USb Loader GX have the program inside?
I want to learn how to run how to add cheats with USB Loader GX Ocarina, not in an external program.
Thx anyway
wink.gif

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
bula said:
Jeomite said:
How can I have a "clean" copy of USB Loader GX again?

The reason I'm asking if because ever since I updated my DOL, it gives me codedumps at startup, including the latest DOL revision.
I deleted the CONFIG directory and I still get codedumps.

At the moment only r425 dol works for me.

try here:
http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/revisions

I had the same problem with the old forwarder. I don't know if it will help but try the now forwarder. Also remove the config folder from the sd card. If that don't work let us know by posting what worked or did not work thanks.

Updating the FORWARDER solved this problem. THANK YOU!

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TGRIP said:
But why i need to download Ocarina if the USb Loader GX have the program inside?
I want to learn how to run how to add cheats with USB Loader GX Ocarina, not in an external program.
Thx anyway
wink.gif

You got it wrong
smile.gif
usbloader gx can use ocarina cheats but you have to create the cheatfile first. Either you download a ready made ocarina cheatfile or you create it like it was stated before on your computer.

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TGRIP said:
TGRIP said:
Hi guys.
Can anyone tell me how i can use cheats with USB LoaderGX? Step by step, please, cuz i tryed all the stuff and nothing =(

The game to cheat (testing) is Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (R49E01)
Code:
R49E01
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Max Bananas
C2053D38 00000002
38A0270F 90A30070
60000000 00000000
C2047274 00000002
3800270F 90030070
60000000 00000000

Max Lives
C22349B4 00000002
38000063 90030000
60000000 00000000

Infinite Hearts
040BBCB4 9083094C

Infinite HP
C2047BCC 00000002
2C1F270F 41820008
90030010 00000000
0404807C 60000000

I got in my SD card root \codes-> R49E01.gtc

I tryed to change the name of GTC, puting the past on the other place, still...cheats dont work.
In GeckOs runs good.

Sry my poor english, i hope u guys understand what i said.
Thx in advance
smile.gif

QUOTE(tj_cool @ Jun 9 2009, 08:47 PM) download ocarina
It comes with a pc app called codemgr
paste the codes in a txt file and read them with codemgr
select the codes you want and click 'export to gct'
select the sd card and click save
then activate ocarina in the game settings

Thx anyway
wink.gif
Did you turn ocarina on in the settings menu?

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
remixer said:
Royusmc said:
I have been using a dual partition Fat 32 and wbfs format To do this in windows go to the computer icon and right click on it, now go down to manager and click on that now go to disk management. Find the hard drive you want to use. Next delet all partitions. Setup a new partition fat32 no more then 31gb, I could be wrong but I thank fat can only go to 31gb. Next partition the rest of the hard drive ntsf. Run a wbfs program on your computer to format the ntsf partition to wbfs. Now put the files on the fat partition. Now I am having problems with rev482 and the updater. Every time I try it code dumps. Just wanted to let you guys know. But great work on this its doing awsome.

not wrong but not exactly right ... the 32GB limit is only a limitation of XP & Vista
go to google and type in fat32 formatter theres a bunch ...
i picked this one at random http://www.filetransit.com/view.php?id=63047 theres a bunch of progs like this that will let you format to whatever you want
my 400GB Wd passport currently has a 100GB FAT32 partion and a 300Gb WBFS partion working just nicely
i use the fat32 section to dump movies /tv crap onto so i can use mediaplayer to watch avi's on my tv.

Wow great work. I was going to look for a fat32 formater that dose more then 32gb but I gess you saved me the extra work thanks. I know there had to be one out there as my usb 120gb hard drive came in fat32 and I change it to ntsf. Well I just wanted to say thanks I will test it later on today after testing rev486 to see how the new grid work. Well I gess I will have to wait to see all the functions of the new grid mod as the loader code dumps every time I press up or down on the wii controller. Well I kept playing with it and I was wrong. I had it is fav mode where it only shows 37 games. After taking it out of fav mode it work like a charm. The new grid mode is coverwall though. I was thanking they would add a new button and all. So a few more little fixes and this will be all done. I love the new look and that you can press up or down to make more rows. Just a quick note the new grid mode only shows in widescreen mode.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fat partition has to be the frist partition on the hard drive. The wii can not see more then one partition on the hard drive I thank. However the usb loader can see the wbfs partition no mater where it is on the hard drive. One more note I have the 3d game covers and they don't look bad at all. I kind of like them with coverwall or grid mod or what ever this great looking mod is called.

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jeomite said:
Royusmc said:
bula said:
Jeomite said:
How can I have a "clean" copy of USB Loader GX again?

The reason I'm asking if because ever since I updated my DOL, it gives me codedumps at startup, including the latest DOL revision.
I deleted the CONFIG directory and I still get codedumps.

At the moment only r425 dol works for me.

try here:
http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/revisions

I had the same problem with the old forwarder. I don't know if it will help but try the now forwarder. Also remove the config folder from the sd card. If that don't work let us know by posting what worked or did not work thanks.

Updating the FORWARDER solved this problem. THANK YOU!

How do you update the forwarder? Do I just reload the .was with newest one and it will make a new channel front? Then delete the old one?

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys,

I have this up and running on a 500G WD drive. It all works rather well and I have about 35 games on it. My drive is all WBFS.

Now with everyone making a fat32 partition for the files Im confused.

What are the advantages of doing this? Should I be finding a program that will allow me to add a partition in there and not have to start all over by reformatting it all. (if that's possible).

Or is it worth the hassle. So that's why I want to understand what this new change is. Why do I want to have the files on a fat32 partition instead of the SD card? Does it mean the wiiware .wads can go there?

HS

ardi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Royusmc said:
The fat partition has to be the frist partition on the hard drive. The wii can not see more then one partition on the hard drive I thank. However the usb loader can see the wbfs partition no mater where it is on the hard drive. One more note I have the 3d game covers and they don't look bad at all. I kind of like them with coverwall or grid mod or what ever this great looking mod is called.
USB Loader GX and the new Forwarder find any FAT/FAT32 partition whether primary or not, whether 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th Partition

ardi

ardi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hyaku Shiki said:
Guys,

I have this up and running on a 500G WD drive. It all works rather well and I have about 35 games on it. My drive is all WBFS.

What are the advantages of doing this? Should I be finding a program that will allow me to add a partition in there and not have to start all over by reformatting it all. (if that's possible).

HS
if you know what you're doing, you can change the partition size WBFS. Bring to a HD editor and edit the partition table by hand. ! at your own risk!

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok to clear some things.

1. FAT32 has not a limit of 30 whatever GB. I made a 120GB FAT32 with any normal Partition Manager and the HD is being detected by Windows XP. The limit of FAT32 is somewhere above 120GB (not sure about this maybe its even the same as NTFS). FAT has a limitation of i think it was 2GB.

2. The FAT/FAT32 partition doesnt have to be the first partition for our loader. The loader detects the first FAT/FAT32 partition in your partition table (doesnt even have to be activ). If you want for example ftpii to detect your FAT/FAT32 partition it has to be 1st partition but not for our loader.

3. Resizig/Moving WBFS partition can be done manuell like ardi said (it is possible) but it might be not easy for some people. You should only do that if you know what you are doing. I would recommend to backup that partition maybe or leave it alone if you dont want all of your games to be gone. The only other way would be backing up the partition->delete it->create two new partition for wbfs and fat/fat32 (whatever you like).

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ardi said:
Hyaku Shiki said:
Guys,

HS
if you know what you're doing, you can change the partition size WBFS. Bring to a HD editor and edit the partition table by hand. ! at your own risk!

So it is possible to change my 100% WBFS to 90%/WBFS and 10%/FAT32. Good. What do you mean by HD editor? You mean a partition program?

But what are the advantages of doing this?

ardi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hyaku Shiki said:
ardi said:
Hyaku Shiki said:
Guys,

HS

So it is possible to change my 100% WBFS to 90%/WBFS and 10%/FAT32. Good. What do you mean by HD editor? You mean a partition program?

But what are the advantages of doing this?

If your partition manager program which has the ability to edit partition table. Normaly resize partition is not work. Or your program has a sector-editor.

ardi

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for letting me know about the loader checking for partition in 1 2 3 4 place as long as they are fat or fat32. And for letting me know about the no limits on fat32 partition. When I redo my hard drive again I will try that out. I tryed it on the old media player and emulators for the wii and they did not find the fat partition on the 2 partition table. But alot has changed in the way the apps work. Well I just try rev487 and updating on usb or sd works again. And I like the code location change. I like to put everything in one place so I don't have to many folders on the usb hard drive. As I could not change the media player to look in the usb:/Movies/ folder on the hard drive. Now that I thank about it the team has done almost every thing that I wanted for this app except for a button to let it play games and such from the dvd drive on the wii. Songs loader dose this and gave me the idea. That and allow mp3 for music and avi for movies though network or usb would be nice so I don't have to use the media player any more. Plus I bet the team could get the movies to show dvd covers like on the xbox. You know press the b button to change between wii games movie folder and music. Well I don't even thank that is posible, but a man can dream.

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ardi said:
Royusmc said:
USB Loader GX and the new Forwarder find any FAT/FAT32 partition whether primary or not, whether 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th Partition

ardi

good to know! thanks for the info ardi! I'm gonna get all my stuff running off HD tonight! woot!

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick note if you have no games in the fav and you use rev487 and pick coverwall or grid and pick fav the loader will code dump. And since the loader will startup in that mode again it will code dump at startup. Just remove the config file to fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @NinStar, I usually stop around 8 lol if someone seems legit I stop at that one. Lol