• Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

Hadeskin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So it's fine if my SD Card is in 32FAT and not WBFS mode ???? Because wbfs won't let me transfer games on it this way...

You really are a true help / angel made man (or women, who knows) @jeannotte

Reactions: jeannotte

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So it's fine if my SD Card is in 32FAT and not WBFS mode ???? Because wbfs won't let me transfer games on it this way...

You really are a true help / angel made man (or women, who knows) @jeannotte
WBFS on SD will not work.:hateit:

I'm glad it works for you.:yaywii:

I prefer man :rofl2:
pensif_28.gif
:rofl2:

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's a known issue that I haven't looked into much yet. But I know you'll experience the same issue with all versions of USB Loader GX and WiiFlow too.

You can work around the issue by either putting the data on your SD card or by accessing the loaders homebrew browser and then selecting the Wii button (bottom center) to view a list of titles on your NAND.

Hey there, thank you again for the detailed reply. the forwarder wads did work correctly when everything was on the SD card. is there a way i could somehow help provide a log for this issue to be fixed? the only instance where i believe i saw it working was someone using emunad such as zorg, but i didn't want to go through setting up neek as there doesn't appear to be clear instructions on how to do so currently ( i could also be wrong on that). to me, being able to launch everything from usb loader gx seemed easier than wiiflow since i don't have to setup a bunch of config files. again, thanks for all that you do on the project.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is the maximum capacity that I can use SD card in the Wii USB?
I know that 256GB Amazon Basics microSDXC cards work, since that's what I used when I added the ability to play Wii games from SD cards.

There's a few posts that say 512GB works too.

https://gbatemp.net/posts/9515311
https://gbatemp.net/posts/5592655

is there a way i could somehow help provide a log for this issue to be fixed?
This is something that I'm able to reproduce, so you don't need to worry about it. Although I don't know if it's fixable since the issue seems to be caused by the SRL not handling USBs or reloading to the required IOS. That's why they work when the data is on an SD card or if you use the loaders NAND browser, which launches them without using a cIOS or applying any patches.

EDIT: I've come up with a solution for the next release :)

Last edited by blackb0x,

Hadeskin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi. I am really sorry to bother you here but I don't know wherelse and you helped me.

My friend's Wii has a lot of problems (after he homebrewed it) :
-screen is weird, like yellow and blue
-Wiimote's Pointer doesn't work
-When starting the disc reader makes a big noise.

And maybe other things though I'm not sure... We really need your help guys !

Oddx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are going to buy storage why not a wd 1-5tb portable drive, it will be a better experience. Stay 2tb or less if you want uneek to work on it.

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I changed the HD, a 2TB USB 3.0 one and shared one for Wii and the other for NGC, now the games load much faster and without any kind of problem, and I'm even impressed with how fast it's loading, funny that this HD when I had the other Wii didn't work, as time went by we acquired more resources and more experience hahahaha

Mulambo

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I‘ve searched around now for a while, but what‘s the best way of managing larger collections?

If my wbfs folder contains too many files, USB Loader GX takes forever to load. And when the menu is ready to be used, I still can‘t see any images of the covers, as it slowly loads them one at a time.

So basically what I have to do so far, is to move undesired games from my wbfs folder into another on on my hard drive (its an external Seagate), to keep the wbfs folder small. This is very inconvinient, as I have to plug it into a PC first and move the games I like/dislike at the moment.

I wonder, why there is no option to just set the path of the wbfs files, like for the artwork. It would be much easier to group the games in folders (like for example genres), just switch the wbfs root folder in the settings and reload the USB Loader GX (or refresh the games).

I have no problem on game loading times, it‘s just the menu itself struggling with the amount of content…

How are bigger collections Supposed to be handled? Did I do something wrong?

Oddx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I‘ve searched around now for a while, but what‘s the best way of managing larger collections?

If my wbfs folder contains too many files, USB Loader GX takes forever to load. And when the menu is ready to be used, I still can‘t see any images of the covers, as it slowly loads them one at a time.

So basically what I have to do so far, is to move undesired games from my wbfs folder into another on on my hard drive (its an external Seagate), to keep the wbfs folder small. This is very inconvinient, as I have to plug it into a PC first and move the games I like/dislike at the moment.

I wonder, why there is no option to just set the path of the wbfs files, like for the artwork. It would be much easier to group the games in folders (like for example genres), just switch the wbfs root folder in the settings and reload the USB Loader GX (or refresh the games).

I have no problem on game loading times, it‘s just the menu itself struggling with the amount of content…

How are bigger collections Supposed to be handled? Did I do something wrong?
If your drive is greater than 2tb use fat32 with 64k blocksize, update to latest bb version of loader and make sure header cache option is on. Making a bunch of extra folders and trying to switch them in is going to be a nightmare. If the gamelist hasnt changed from the last time things will be as fast as small collections, if it has then it recaches the lists which will be a delay. Also if your having slow artwork or banners it caches those too so you may want to move it through the list till all the art is shown. Basically the more you use it the speedier things should get. If speed doesnt improve you may have a faulty hdd or sd card. At that point its time to verify your filesystems and game files.

Mulambo

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
My drive is a 2TB Seagate Barracuda formatted in NTFS. I store the games directly in the wbfs folder, so no subfolder for each title.

I‘m not sure what „bb version“ means, but i am using the latest sourceforge release which is version 3.0 r1281.

I didn‘t find any option for header cache. I turned the title cache for games on and I also set the cache options for bnr.

I never scrolled through all of them, maybe I should give it a try. Thank so far!

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but i am using the latest sourceforge release which is version 3.0 r1281
You can only download r1272 or older from SourceForge. Newer official releases are on GitHub :)

If my wbfs folder contains too many files, USB Loader GX takes forever to load.
Some people have thousands of games and don't experience any issues. So roughly how many do you have?

I still can‘t see any images of the covers, as it slowly loads them one at a time.
The only list that's a little slow to populate is the channel grid, since that's got to load in animated banners for each game.

If deleting the usbloader_gx folder and reinstalling the loader doesn't speed things up then I'd assume that it's either got something to do with you using NTFS or that the d2x cIOS doesn't play nice with your USB HDD.
  1. Reformat the HDD to FAT32 (Wii Backup Manager has a tool to do this)
  2. Use Wii Backup Manager to install the games
  3. Change the cover paths from SD to USB if they're still slow to load

Last edited by blackb0x,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @HiradeGirl, https://a.co/d/6oECWAh