• Views 7,218,884
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i am having some trouble getting games in usb loader gx to display in 4.3 aspect ratio Nintendont in particular i have tried every setting even setting it to 4.3 aspect ratio in the settings nothing works other emulators display 4.3 just fine. Im using a new tv i just bought so i think that may be the culprit my wii is an original gamecube compatible NTSC U system menu 4.3 I have tried every setting on the tv but nothing works if anyone can help please do. This is the tv im using https://www.ebay.com/itm/204087130310

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by blackb0x,

LoveCheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a friend who has problems with the latest version. He says that he can't download covers or languages from the loader because he gets the following error "cannot create directory usb8/apps/usbloader_gx/images".

He also told me that when he goes online he doesn't find anyone, he keeps looking for players with no success, instead in the old version of the loader he connects without problems, why is this?

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
usb8 is a symptom of no drive found at launch.
(you can enter the word 'usb8' in the search for the Wii subforum and read if you need more information)

Ask your friend:
- if his paths are set correctly?,
- or the configuration file inherited from the ancient versions of the loader was used?.

Advise your friend to be more responsible/attentively about the choice of media and its partitioning/formatting.

And also tell him that loaders hate USB flash drives (aka thumb drives). Just hate and that's it.

Reactions: LoveCheese

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a friend who has problems with the latest version. He says that he can't download covers or languages from the loader because he gets the following error "cannot create directory usb8/apps/usbloader_gx/images".

He also told me that when he goes online he doesn't find anyone, he keeps looking for players with no success, instead in the old version of the loader he connects without problems, why is this?
I recommend him to download another one already prepared and then update

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He says that he can't download covers or languages from the loader because he gets the following error "cannot create directory usb8/apps/usbloader_gx/images".
It might be caused by a bug that was introduced in r1280.

If your SD card has a hidden partition or something like an NTFS partition at the start of it then it can result in the loader failing to locate your config file, so it'll try every USB option before it gives up. So the solution is to fully format the whole SD card or use my previous release until I release a new version.

Last edited by blackb0x,

LoveCheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you all. He has already solved it by formatting the card and a priori he can download everything. Now he has a problem with Mario Kart. He can't connect online, the message "accessing Nintendo WFC" stays in a loop and can't access online. He told me that the previous version connects perfectly but in this last one it doesn't.

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried the plugins mod, set it up according to the tutorial. Added retroarch plugin, everything seems to be working fine but when I press "exit retroarch" after playing the game, the Wii freezes (black screen) so I have to mannually reset it.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, some of my forwarder wads don't load in usb loader gx (v1280). they show the wii mini tiles and crash back to wii menu. the ones that don't work are single rom loaders for games on an external usb (eg, smash remix). however, the forwarders for such apps as snes9x tx do work when launched from usb loader gx. Any tips? i read it is something to do with ios58, but not sure

felipecrs

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Would it be possible to have an option to initialize network automatically on USB Loader GX boot?
WiiFlow has added this function, and it helps to automate stuff like auto switch HDMI input in TV with Home Assistant once Nintendo Wii starts responding network pings.

WiiFlow_Lite GitHub issue 335 (I can't post links)

The thing is that I have switched from WiiFlow back to USB Loader GX because of the new Framebuffer option, but now I'm missing this feature.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the ones that don't work are single rom loaders for games on an external usb (eg, smash remix)
Yeah, that's a known issue that I haven't looked into much yet. But I know you'll experience the same issue with all versions of USB Loader GX and WiiFlow too.

You can work around the issue by either putting the data on your SD card or by accessing the loaders homebrew browser and then selecting the Wii button (bottom center) to view a list of titles on your NAND.

Would it be possible to have an option to initialize network automatically on USB Loader GX boot?
Take a look at the features settings menu. USB Loader GX has had that option for years :)

Last edited by blackb0x,

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know this post is not from Nintendont, but I loved the USB Loader GX update, where you improved the Nintendont functions, now you can put Resident Evil Zero, 2 and 3 in progressive mode, 1 still has problems ( all you have to do is put it in the NGC games configuration in disk mode, then force progressive and PAL50 patch) it would be nice to make some way for Nintendont to finally recognize the whole catalog and more, make the PAL games stay in progressive mode

Reactions: blackb0x

KelSolaar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
there’s been rumours that the original revisions of Wii are sharper when applying 480p patch than the later “already fixed” revisions. Here’s a comparison between Rev-01 and Rev-50 model. Same settings (deflicker, 480p patch, 4:3 aspect ratio). Pics taken directly of a BVM D24 using OEM component cables.

Attachments

• 97A80EBC-E604-4C59-9227-DF90254DC7EB.jpeg
    97A80EBC-E604-4C59-9227-DF90254DC7EB.jpeg
    8.6 MB · Views: 25
  • C57E423A-42AD-49E0-888E-309940C7EF16.jpeg
    C57E423A-42AD-49E0-888E-309940C7EF16.jpeg
    8.3 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: Amuro-san

Jax-reprobe

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so i know usb loader gx recently got support for sdhc, however i can only find 32gb sdhc cards everyone sd card ive found above 32gb has been sdxc will sdxc work or should i keep looking for an sdhc card with more storage capacity

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
should i keep looking for an sdhc card with more storage capacity
You might growing old.

• SDHC cards (Secure Digital High Capacity) are all SD cards with a storage capacity of up to 32 gigabytes.
  • SDXC cards (Secure Digital eXtended Capacity) are all SD cards with a capacity of more than 32 gigabytes.

Reactions: jeannotte

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
there’s been rumours that the original revisions of Wii are sharper when applying 480p patch than the later “already fixed” revisions. Here’s a comparison between Rev-01 and Rev-50 model. Same settings (deflicker, 480p patch, 4:3 aspect ratio). Pics taken directly of a BVM D24 using OEM component cables.
I use 16:9 codes, it's funny to know that Wind Waker has a much larger image than TP, because when I put the screen in 16:9 in Wind Waker, the screen is still high, only with black bars on the sides and in TP in 16:9 it's one window, both games are full screen when I put in just image

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I dont know if anyone still play just dance games on wii, but i tested all officialy released just dance (1 to 2020).

All works with framebuffer except :
just dance 1
just dance 3
just dance 4
Just dance 2015

Above titles just shows blackscreen, you need set video width to auto to play it

Reactions: Walwii and Clutz450

Paracosmic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed a weird error related to the date in the latest version (v3.0-r1281) which possibly may be in the version prior (v3.0-r1280). I confirmed the issue is not in the old SourceForge version however, as reverting back removes the problem.

I'm not entirely sure if it affects all games, but when playing Wii Fit Plus from v3.0-r1281, it strangely thinks it is the year 2016 though the day and month appear correct. The system date on the Wii is correct, and going back to the SourceForge version correctly has the year 2023 in Wii Fit.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Above titles just shows blackscreen, you need set video width to auto to play it
I've made adjustments for the next release that'll make some patches work correctly with almost every Wii game :)

I'm not entirely sure if it affects all games, but when playing Wii Fit Plus from v3.0-r1281, it strangely thinks it is the year 2016 though the day and month appear correct.
I don't have a balance board to test, but it'll probably be fixed in my next release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4 +1