• Views 7,215,060
  • Replies 29,374
  • Likes 48

totakeke95

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Brand Newman I keep a txt with cheats of that game that you mention (FFCC Crystal Bearers) I found them in the wiird forum. It seems that the cheats in geckocodes are badly ported for the PAL game. These should work, give it a try.

Attachments

• Cheats FFCC Crytal Bearers Wii PAL.txt
    790 bytes · Views: 36
Reactions: Brand Newman

yodaleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cjuni Here it is. I had to tweak a little bit "StartUpProcess.cpp" in order to be able to compile it. I tried it quickly, with Wii, Gamecube and Wiiware. Everything seems to work fine.
binary (boot.dol) + sources provided.

A little reminder : this build is NOT, in any way, official nor supported in any way by the official developer(s). So, if something is not working as intended, don't even try to bother the official developer(s) about it, just wait until a tab build is officially made !
When I unzip usblgx_mod_tabv_unofficial_rev1272.zip, I get a boot.dol file that is about 2.4 MB as opposed to the blackb0x version that unzips to about 4.9 MB. The tab version also won't run on dolphin. Am I messing up somewhere?

Thanks

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I unzip usblgx_mod_tabv_unofficial_rev1272.zip, I get a boot.dol file that is about 2.4 MB as opposed to the blackb0x version that unzips to about 4.9 MB. The tab version also won't run on dolphin. Am I messing up somewhere?

Thanks

I'm using wiixz to compress binary...maybe it's not compatible with Dolphin ?
Uncompressed binary in attachment, if you want to try...(don't know if it's supposed to work in emulator, even if it only tweaks the interface)

Attachments

• usblgx_mod_tabv_unofficial_rev1272_uncompressed.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 43
Reactions: yodaleaf

yodaleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using wiixz to compress binary...maybe it's not compatible with Dolphin ?
Uncompressed binary in attachment, if you want to try...(don't know if it's supposed to work in emulator, even if it only tweaks the interface)
That version runs on dolphin. Thanks

Reactions: Badablek

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
@Brand Newman I keep a txt with cheats of that game that you mention (FFCC Crystal Bearers) I found them in the wiird forum. It seems that the cheats in geckocodes are badly ported for the PAL game. These should work, give it a try.
Thank you for your message!

I've tried your codes on real hardware, and they worked for me, with the exception of the "99 materials" (but the "all materials" code gives you 99 of them anyway.)

That doesn't really explain why the codes I had found myself on Dolphin wouldn't translate on real hardware, especially since I went for easy ones (basically, you search for the amount of gils in the memory manager, or you compare the "I have none" to "I have XX materials" situations, and so forth) : I used this method with the materials for Earth Seeker, and the codes would work on my console...

Anyway, I might give the "new game plus" mode a try, now that I know I can actually "test" the most advanced artefacts before I get to the end of it (the game is a lot of missed opportunities)!

Thank you all for your help, I suggest you submit the PAL codes on Gamehacking.org. Have a nice day!

HNKMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, there is something wrong with some games loaded from USB Loader GX, in which the screen stretches to the right, out of bounds. This happened to me with at least 3 japanese games with native 4:3 resolution (no 16:9 option here), the three numbered entries of Naruto Shippuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen (Special is 16:9 and work flawless). I don't know if this is caused by the games themselves or some funky configuration.

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
I have an issue. I have to set loader IOS to 249 or else my external HDD is not initialized. With 249, HDD is recognized and I am able to return to the loader from Wii backups or GC backups from Nintendont without issues. But if I launch Wii emulators(I suspect they all use IOS58?) and then try to return to the loader, WiiU gets stuck at reinitializing devices.
If I set loader ios to 58, then HDD is not recognized but I am able to launch homebrews and emulators no problem and can return back to the loader without it freezing my WiiU.

Is there any solution to this issue? I am currently having to either set loader ios to 58 for emulators but no HDD recognized or 249 so I can use my HDD but no return function from emulators.

totakeke95

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm having a problem with a PAL region wiiware game that I'm trying to force to NTSC. It starts perfectly but for some reason the game appears in English and not in Spanish, which is my intention to play it, but no matter how many settings I change, it always appears in English. I think it is not a problem with the loader itself, but with how the console acts with the video modes depending on the region of the game. I'm afraid I would have to modify the dol file of game to try to "fool" the console and show the texts in Spanish while it force to NTSC video mode. but I don't know what to do about it.

If anyone knows anything about this pls help me, thx.

EDIT

Nevermind, I already solved it. I unpacked the WAD and changed the text from English to Spanish and now the texts do appear in my language. It was actually easier than I thought. :P

Last edited by totakeke95,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've just released USB Loader GX r1280 along with d2x v11 beta1 :)

Information and downloads @ https://gbatemp.net/posts/8856063

This update is compatible with other cIOS configurations, but I'd recommend updating your cIOS as per my guide so that unnecessary IOS reloads will be avoided. That is unless you're currently using d2x-alt, since I'm not going to provide updates for the alt branch.

And before anyone asks, yes, every game in this list and many that aren't on it will be playable without you needing to change any settings.

Last edited by blackb0x,

Trip_Away

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

This update is compatible with other cIOS configurations, but I'd recommend updating your cIOS as per my guide so that unnecessary IOS reloads will be avoided. That is unless you're currently using d2x-alt, since I'm not going to provide updates for the alt branch.

And before anyone asks, yes, every game in this list and many that aren't on it will be playable without you needing to change any settings.
Nice! Later i update it.
My Wii console:
FN3Bt7RVEAAyKqA.jpg

Reactions: Okko and blackb0x

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you @blackb0x for delivering a truly superb new version of ULGX. The immense change log shows much hard work has gone into it. it is really appreciated! I hope you have a very happy new year! :)

Reactions: blackb0x

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
I have an issue. I have to set loader IOS to 249 or else my external HDD is not initialized. With 249, HDD is recognized and I am able to return to the loader from Wii backups or GC backups from Nintendont without issues. But if I launch Wii emulators(I suspect they all use IOS58?) and then try to return to the loader, WiiU gets stuck at reinitializing devices.
If I set loader ios to 58, then HDD is not recognized but I am able to launch homebrews and emulators no problem and can return back to the loader without it freezing my WiiU.

Is there any solution to this issue? I am currently having to either set loader ios to 58 for emulators but no HDD recognized or 249 so I can use my HDD but no return function from emulators.
Truly amazing release 😍. This issue is completely fixed without even needing to change anything.

vbarros22

Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil

working fine on wii but I need your help on something
on wii u the usb loader gx dont autoboot gc games. everytime I select a game, its starts nintendont and I have to select the game again

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any chance you can add WiiU Gamepad support?
Unfortunately I don't currently have a Wii U, so I can't even begin to look into that.

on wii u the usb loader gx dont autoboot gc games. everytime I select a game, its starts nintendont and I have to select the game again
Go to settings, then features and select "Update Nintendont". Does that fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU