• Start date
  • Views 7,190,336
  • Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
do you have the forwarder (or full channel?) installed?
on vWii I have "return to HBC" but it exits nintendont to system menu.

On Wii it works fine, and only difference is that I have "Return to UNEO".
I don't know how the return stub is working.
Neither forwarder nor full channel, I load USB Loader GX on a Wii from inside the HBC.
Oh, if that helps, in GX options I have "Return to HBC" enabled. Does the "Return to" option affect GC games too?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't really know how the "return to" is working, but I think it affects gamecube too.
If you install the forwarder channel, set return to that channel.
let me know if it fix exiting nintendont back to the loader.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for all your test reports :)

The changelog is on my blog, or on googlecode changelog tab.
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/source/detail?r=1244

Major nintendont changes :
- nintendont 304+ with HID setting enabled will not warn you that you need controller.ini
- Fixed launching game from disc (the cheatcode and controller.ini wasn't written to the correct partition if you had games on usb partition 2 or higher. it affected less than 1% of users I suppose)

Major loader changes:
- only visual/GUI. added or removed prompt windows on some menus
- fixed exiting credit page button reading lag.
- speed launch time for users with IOS58 by removing unneeded patches

ned:
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are reporting or trying to do.
I don't know what your setup is (cIOS rev2?) so I don't understand what is happening.
HUB is not officially supported as cIOS are not compatible, unless you try a cIOS base58. But base58 has less compatibility with Wii games.
249 or 250 has nothing to do ! it could be 238 or 255 or 247, a slot is a slot. what you install inside is what is important. don't report issues or tests by calling slot numbers.

23351-cIOSX_rev2 is in fact waninkoko rev21 installer?
You don't need to install anything before installing rev21 as Waninkoko installer is overwriting both 249 and 250 at the same time. installing d2x v10-alt before rev21 is useless.
d2x is a modded version of waninkoko rev21 and is newer.
By using rev21 you will miss some features (4k drives, IOS reload block, HDD compatibility etc.)

You don't need to edit the meta.xml arguments.
Slot 249 is a perfect copy of slot 250, except slot 250 version is maxed out to prevent nintendo from stubbing the slot. It has no differences at all. playing with xml argument has no effect.
If you noticed differences when using different slot number, it's only a random effect that you would have get anyway if you didn't change the argument.

if you want best performance with your HUB :
set the meta.xml argument to --ios=58
it will use the official IOS58 while you are in the loader.
Attention, IOS58 is reading partition in reversed order ! (that's why you notice issues with partition not being listed correctly !)
You can choose the partition to mount in the Settings>HDD settings>first option.
You have to re-set the correct partition if you switch IOS 58 with a IOS not baed on IOS58.
Please learn how the console is working to not report normal things as issue.

Attention, if your cIOS use a base different than 58:
when launching the game, it will reload to slot249 (instead of 58), and the USB Ports will be listed in incremented order now for the cIOS to load the game. so it may not work correctly. if you have multiple USB port connected and listed in the loader then Partition 1 will not be the same as what you had before launching the game.

Please, use only USB Port 0.
Do not connect multiple HDD when using IOS58 or a cIOS base58.

Did you try installing d2x v10 NOT ALT? (install the beta52)
don't use beta53 if you don't know why you need it.
even better, if you are on Wii, install d2x v8 instead.

Can't you just plug your drive directly to the wii instead of using the switch? it will fix all your issues at once.

Currently my Slot 250 is base57, Slot 249 is currently base58 previously I had slot 249 as base56
when I wasn't using the hdd + switch/hub which worked without problem with the hdd,
the reason I'm still using d2x-v10-beta53-alt is because earlier my kingston datatraveler dtig4/64gb
usb stick wouldn't work with d2x-v10-beta52.
If i'm using ios58 for hub support do I need to set slot 249 to use base58 or do I just need to set the usb loader gx meta.xml to
use ios58? should I reinstall slot 249 as base 56?

cios is just used to remove copy protection and patch usb / sd support so using virgin ios58 with
usb 2.0 / hub support is only needed for the loader not games, a cios is needed for games,
why can't I just use slot cios 249 with base58 for both the games and loader / meta.xml?
since it's using a patched ios58 anyway?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like you said, setting IOS58 for the loader will work only while you are in the loader.
Launching a game will require a patched IOS (cIOS) to allow hdd redirection for the ISO.
the loaders has two different settings for that purpose : Loader's IOS and game's IOS.

You can try d2x v10 (not alt) with a base58 in slot249 and set that slot in both the loader's setting>Loader's IOS and game's IOS. editing the "Loader's IOS" will also automatically edit the meta.xml file's argument to match the slot you want to use for the loader.
but some games don't work with base58.
Just try and see if it works.

The alt version only adds Port1 supports. if you don't need Port1 or multi USBPort support, v10 beta52 should be enough and should have the same HDD compatibility.

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really know how the "return to" is working, but I think it affects gamecube too.
If you install the forwarder channel, set return to that channel.
let me know if it fix exiting nintendont back to the loader.
I don't really like installing exta stuff on the Wii, but I will do it this time for testing. Which is the forwarder for Wii, the one in the opening post (USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad)?

Reactions: superkrups20056

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
yes
for Wii, 5.1 wad
for vWii it's the 5.1fix vWii wad

you can uninstall it fully if it doesn't work as expected.
Using the forwarder: it doesn't matter if the "Return to" option is set to HBC (LULZ) or USB Loader GX (UNEO), in both cases we will return to the loader after using the button combo to exit a NGC game loaded with Nintendont.

I also tested exiting Wii games with the forwarder: they will exit to HBC if we set "Return to HBC" and will exit to USB Loader GX if we set "Return to USB Loader GX".

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks.

So it seems for Wii games it works as expected.
For homebrew, it's forced to forwarder or full channel (even if not installed).

I will ask dimok how the return stub is working.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Like you said, setting IOS58 for the loader will work only while you are in the loader.
Launching a game will require a patched IOS (cIOS) to allow hdd redirection for the ISO.
the loaders has two different settings for that purpose : Loader's IOS and game's IOS.

You can try d2x v10 (not alt) with a base58 in slot249 and set that slot in both the loader's setting>Loader's IOS and game's IOS. editing the "Loader's IOS" will also automatically edit the meta.xml file's argument to match the slot you want to use for the loader.
but some games don't work with base58.
Just try and see if it works.

The alt version only adds Port1 supports. if you don't need Port1 or multi USBPort support, v10 beta52 should be enough and should have the same HDD compatibility.

Retried as you said with d2x v10 (not alt) both loader & game ios set as 249,
changing the loader ios isn't changing the meta.xml though it stays stuck as it's previous value and it won't mount the hdd
unless set to 250 and does the same as https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-980#post-5434627
the loader ios doesn't change to match the meta.xml it just changes to what value I set, it's not reading / saving the value from
meta.xml but another file?
All my apps including usb loader gx are stored on the front sd, when I tried cheating
the kenobiwii.bin complained about not being in usb2:/sneek can you add a custom path for it also.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Too many things to cover after a single report...

- What revision of the loader are you using?
How are you launching the loader ? Full channel, forwarder, hbc?
what you are reporting doesn't make sense.

- kenobiwii.bin has to be on the SAME partition than your gamecube game's ISO. There's no purpose of adding a custom path for it. The file is NOT used by the loader. Nintendont is using it and expect it to be on the same partition than the games. USBLoaderGX is only verifying that the user correctly setup his nintendont required files.
If the loader warns you, then it means you are doing things wrong.

- your post (that you linked above) was as is still not understandable.

- If you are using the proper revision of the loader, and using the proper version of meta.xml, then the meta.xml will be automatically edited when :
Selecting a different Loader's IOS.
Selecting a different USB Port
Selecting a different mount USB on boot option

- If your meta.xml is not edited, then you have either :
an old version of the loader
a wrong format in your meta.xml
multiple meta.xml on multiple partitions ? let me know, there's maybe an issue if it's the case
different USBLoaderGX folders on multiple partitions ? let me know, there's maybe an issue if it's the case

- If you edit your meta.xml manually to add a slot number, it is NOT the loader's IOS setting.
the meta.xml is the "BOOT IOS" setting.
The loader is using 3 different IOS settings : boot, loader, game.
Editing the meta.xml doesn't edit the settings
Editing the settings edits the meta.xml

- You talked about kenobiwii not being on usb2
Nintendont expect games on usb1 !
How many partitions do you have ?
which format?
Why do you use the second partition for your Gamecube games when all guides for nintendont tells to put games on the first partition of the drive?

- If you have kenobiwii.bin on SD:/sneek/, then the loader should copy the file to your game's partition (usb2:/)
if you have the file on Sd but the loader still complains that you don't have it on USB, let me know! it's not normal.

- If you are using the second partition for a good reason, you should :
Test that nintendont launched from HBC is correctly working
Use USBLoaderGX 1244

DemitriArcane

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan I'd like to request a feature, I've been playing Project M lately on USB Loader GX, but i find theirs no option to just select it, You have to enable ocarina and VBI mode to get it working. Could you add a detector in, so it comes up with a pop-up like when you play such as;

Project M located, Which would you like to play?
SSBB Project M
Cancel
That way its like when it works with Metroid Prime Trilogy​

Thank you.​

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it's on my todo list.
I need to fix gameconfig.txt loading without the need to enable at least 1 ocarina cheat code.

I guess I should put it to the "do before v3.1" requests list.

edit:
About the prompt, Metroid was first using external files to create such windows.
It has then be integrated into the sources as only few games needed it (metroid, sam&max)
I'll see if it's good idea to just add a gameconfig detection only when launching that game, or for all games.

again, I think very few games are benefiting/using gameconfig.txt : ssbb, kirby ?

so, instead of checking this file for all games, I'll probably require the user to enable Ocarina option, but without the need to enable cheats.
For you to know, if you don't select a hooktype, VI is used by default.

gameconfig has a lot of regular updates? or it's now fully working and no updates are needed?
If it's a fixed data, I could add it to the sources.

Reactions: DemitriArcane

DemitriArcane

Trophies
XP
Country
yes, it's on my todo list.
I need to fix gameconfig.txt loading without the need to enable at least 1 ocarina cheat code.
I know its silly but how would you get it to work from the same USB Location rather than on an SD Card? mines cluttered as hell.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you don't use SD card, I guess all the files and folders used by the loader are on your USB ?
the gameconfig is loaded either from the root of the partition where the loader is located, or on the /codes/ folder.
I recommend placing it here /codes/gameconfig.txt

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Too many things to cover after a single report...

- What revision of the loader are you using?
How are you launching the loader ? Full channel, forwarder, hbc?
what you are reporting doesn't make sense.

- kenobiwii.bin has to be on the SAME partition than your gamecube game's ISO. There's no purpose of adding a custom path for it. The file is NOT used by the loader. Nintendont is using it and expect it to be on the same partition than the games. USBLoaderGX is only verifying that the user correctly setup his nintendont required files.
If the loader warns you, then it means you are doing things wrong.

- your post (that you linked above) was as is still not understandable.

- If you are using the proper revision of the loader, and using the proper version of meta.xml, then the meta.xml will be automatically edited when :
Selecting a different Loader's IOS.
Selecting a different USB Port
Selecting a different mount USB on boot option

- If your meta.xml is not edited, then you have either :
an old version of the loader
a wrong format in your meta.xml
multiple meta.xml on multiple partitions ? let me know, there's maybe an issue if it's the case
different USBLoaderGX folders on multiple partitions ? let me know, there's maybe an issue if it's the case

- If you edit your meta.xml manually to add a slot number, it is NOT the loader's IOS setting.
the meta.xml is the "BOOT IOS" setting.
The loader is using 3 different IOS settings : boot, loader, game.
Editing the meta.xml doesn't edit the settings
Editing the settings edits the meta.xml

- You talked about kenobiwii not being on usb2
Nintendont expect games on usb1 !
How many partitions do you have ?
which format?
Why do you use the second partition for your Gamecube games when all guides for nintendont tells to put games on the first partition of the drive?

- If you have kenobiwii.bin on SD:/sneek/, then the loader should copy the file to your game's partition (usb2:/)
if you have the file on Sd but the loader still complains that you don't have it on USB, let me know! it's not normal.

- If you are using the second partition for a good reason, you should :
Test that nintendont launched from HBC is correctly working
Use USBLoaderGX 1244

I'm launching 1244 from the hbc, yes kenobiwii was stored on sd it didn't copy over to usb:/2.
My partitions are 1:wii/ntfs, 2:gc/fat32, 3:ext4 I have no good reason for having gc as 2
it's just the way I partitioned the drive, it's no biggie for me to swap them around as long as wii games
don't mind being on 2.
If I understand you correctly my settings that are working atm are

boot: cios 250 base 57, If I manually set this as 249 base 58 it doesn't mount the drive, setting it as ios58
mounts the drive but only lists gc and nand not wii games unless I tell it to do so, launching any
wii game brings me back to the hbc.

loader: cios 249 base 58
game: cios 249 base 58

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm launching 1244 from the hbc, yes kenobiwii was stored on sd it didn't copy over to usb:/2.
My partitions are 1:wii/ntfs, 2:gc/fat32, 3:ext4 I have no good reason for having gc as 2
it's just the way I partitioned the drive, it's no biggie for me to swap them around as long as wii games
don't mind being on 2.
If I understand you correctly my settings that are working atm are

boot: cios 250 base 57, If I manually set this as 249 base 58 it doesn't mount the drive, setting it as ios58
mounts the drive but only lists gc and nand not wii games unless I tell it to do so, launching any
wii game brings me back to the hbc.

loader: cios 249 base 58
game: cios 249 base 58

Why not just use one FAT32 partition? Everything works fine from it. Wii games can be split with Wii Backup Manager if they're over the 4GB limit the file system imposes.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Why not just use one FAT32 partition? Everything works fine from it. Wii games can be split with Wii Backup Manager if they're over the 4GB limit the file system imposes.

Why not just add ntfs or better yet ext4 support to Nintendont?
the only reason I have the fat32 partition is because of it, not64 and wiisx support ntfs over smb also.
I kinda like having my Wii and GC games on two separate partitions though it helps differentiate them,
maybe usb loader gx could have a tabs for each type wii, gc, emulator type n64, psx etc
At this point in time i'm just splitting hairs honestly having to wait an extra 30 seconds for my drive to remount to
be able to play all my games is a nonissue, maybe I should install it as a wad and have it auto boot instead
replacing the system menu and bypass the hbc as well.
Idk how much control wads, bootmii, priiloader give but maybe it could also auto mount my drive the same time
I power on the Wii making it a silent process before running usb loader gx.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just add ntfs or better yet ext4 support to Nintendont?
the only reason I have the fat32 partition is because of it, not64 and wiisx support ntfs over smb also.
I kinda like having my Wii and GC games on two separate partitions though it helps differentiate them,
maybe usb loader gx could have a tabs for each type wii, gc, emulator type n64, psx etc
At this point in time i'm just splitting hairs honestly having to wait an extra 30 seconds for my drive to remount to
be able to play all my games is a nonissue, maybe I should install it as a wad and have it auto boot instead
replacing the system menu and bypass the hbc as well.
Idk how much control wads, bootmii, priiloader give but maybe it could also auto mount my drive the same time
I power on the Wii making it a silent process before running usb loader gx.

All of the Gamecube launchers require FAT32. I suspect DIOS MIOS does because of space limitations. The Homebrew Channel requires FAT32 as well. As far as Wiis go there isn't really an advantage to using NTFS. The drive isn't being used by an operating system so fragmentation is minimal since not much is getting written.

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Extracting bin to wad is possible with BlueDumpMod, so managing bin is a possibility.
a SD manager could be added to the loader but I won't do it anytime soon as I don't have the knowledge or time to do it. maybe later.

So, is there any issue with 1244?
I tested most changes. The only thing not tested is Nintendont games on second partition (first primary FAT32 partition not located on the first partition of the table, example wbfs+fat32 or ntfs+fat32).

So, is challenge accepted?;)

r1244 works fine for me ( with FAT32 as first partition). Thanks for the release

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wiiSX doesn't support NTFS, it supports SMB. (whatever the partition on your computer)
I suppose Not64 is the same.

You are making things over complicated.
You think installing wad will fix your issue, wile WAD or Channel has nothing to do with any HDD detection. You will only waste your time.

Troopage tested yesterday Nintendont with a drive using 3 partition, and the loader succesfully copied controller.bin, cheatcode and all required files to the correct partition.
I will verify that kenobiiwii is using the same code, but I'm almost sure it's working.
I don't know why you have this much difficulty to make everything work fine.

Ah, wait, I know ... you use a HUB !
DON'T.
problem solved.
that's all.

edit:
I checked sources, nothing wrong with the sources responsible to copy kenobiiwii.bin file to usb partition.
Verify you really have it on your SD:/sneek/ folder.
while you are at it, copy it manually to your USB partition /sneek/ folder too.

Reactions: Troopage

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1