• Replies 29,366
  • Likes 48

murphy_slaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a hub around here somewhere, I'll give it a test later today.

Using a hub didn't work - USBLoader was unable to even see the drive.

I noticed that SNES9x GX under vWii doesn't have any trouble accessing the drive even if it was connected to the Wii U at startup time - are they using a different method?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
data through the hub works only if you are using IOS58. (no cIOS or Wii game launching possible)
I thought you would test only the power from the hub.

for example using a Y cable, the power on the hub and the data on the console.

It probably need a cIOS update, if not it could be added in the loaders.
I think Fix94 would know how to do it (sniffing USB packets etc.) I don't have the tools, nor even a hub to test myself.

murphy_slaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
data through the hub works only if you are using IOS58. (no cIOS or Wii game launching possible)
I thought you would test only the power from the hub.

for example using a Y cable, the power on the hub and the data on the console.

Just tested this. Same behavior as when the power is drawn directly from the console.

I tested both d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii and d2x-v10-beta512-vWii.

Is there some other cIOS I should try?

(Of course, this is a very minor issue. Having to manually plug in the drive is only a slight annoyance.)

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I am having a bit of a problem with usbloader GX and Ocarina codes for GC, I have made a .txt file that is stored on SD/codes/ however when I tell USBloader GX to load the text file it says there isnt one.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
on vWii there's only v10 r52 and r53.
no other cIOS were made for vWii.

duncan:
put the .txt file in /txtcodes/GameID.txt
in the /codes/ folder you should have the compiled .gct file.

The internal Ocarina menu can't download the code list?
For gamecube games, not all codes are stored on geckocodes so maybe the game you want is not available.
if you put it manually, you can try to download another game's cheat list, and see in /txtcodes/ the format used by the loader.

kamiro04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
if I add the tabs mod, it will be optional (option marked as beta, or something like that) or an entirely different build.

That would be great, if you do it could you hide the Loader mode button when tabs are on?
The bottom of the gui is a little too crowded in the mod, sorry dont know if its the correct word, i mean the buttons are almost touching each other while in the official dol the gui is really clean

patito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys,im looking for a way to hexedit the MBR signature mod (55ab) to another one,i know i can recompile the source to make the change,but if someone knows a way to look for the string using hex it will be very helpfull,thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if it's easy to hexedit it, two byte string are repeated a lot of time in the final build (elf or dol), you might end up editing the wrong place in the file
it's probably faster to recompile.
which signature do you want? I can make a new build for you, but it won't work with most homebrew.
the UStealth's signature is not enough to hide your drive?

patito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's easy to hexedit it, two byte string are repeated a lot of time in the final build (elf or dol), you might end up editing the wrong place in the file
it's probably faster to recompile.
which signature do you want? I can make a new build for you, but it won't work with most homebrew.
the UStealth's signature is not enough to hide your drive?

Hi Cyan,thats very nice from you,but theres no need,im just doing some experiments and i wanted to save me sometime looking for tutorials about setting the compiler enviroment.

if you can point me to an updated tutorial for a compiler enviroment for usb loader gx i will apreciate it.

Thanks for all the work in the loader!

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Gah this is impossible, I am placing my own .txt file on SD/txtcodes and USB loader GX gives me a blank screen, there should be at least 8 codes.

And now I got a stack dump, I am on r1226 after I enabled and disabled some Ocarina codes, I have nintendont enabled and it happens with all of my games, all send me to the dup stack screen.

Cannot use DIOS MIOS because it either cannot boot from SD or refuses to consider my SD as a valid FAT32 device.

And the USB Loader GX Code Manager is refusing to save the changes I make.

I'll erase the .gtc but man this is bizarre

Fixed it, turns out it was the micro SD adapter that had it's switch pulled down thus locking any write to the memcard

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you can point me to an updated tutorial for a compiler enviroment for usb loader gx i will apreciate it.
I need to write one. (probably on the loader's wiki page).
Using latest devkitPPC is not working yet (I also need to update the sources to make it compiling with latest devkit).
so, currently it involve downgrading devkit, it's few steps to explain.

quick steps:
- download and install devkitpro
- replace devkitppc r27 folder with r26
- download "libogc and portlib for r26" package on googlecode download page
compile it :)

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Is there any way to customize the write path? I want to dump a game to my SD card, not my USB, because my case is out of comission and I am waiting for the new one

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wii game, no.
Gamecube games yes (set the Gamecube main path to SD)

for wii game, you can use another dumper (CleanRIP recommended), it can dump to SD, USB, samba over Wifi.
It will create an ISO, not a wbfs file. you can use WiiBackupManager to convert to wbfs.

patito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to write one. (probably on the loader's wiki page).
Using latest devkitPPC is not working yet (I also need to update the sources to make it compiling with latest devkit).
so, currently it involve downgrading devkit, it's few steps to explain.

quick steps:
- download and install devkitpro
- replace devkitppc r27 folder with r26
- download "libogc and portlib for r26" package on googlecode download page
compile it :)

Thanks again for the info Cyan,i was trying to compile it with the latest devkitpro,that was why i was getting errors.

I'll wait for the update,thanks!

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Wii game, no.
Gamecube games yes (set the Gamecube main path to SD)

for wii game, you can use another dumper (CleanRIP recommended), it can dump to SD, USB, samba over Wifi.
It will create an ISO, not a wbfs file. you can use WiiBackupManager to convert to wbfs.

Doesnt works anyways, I have set the main path to SD and it tells me that it cannot initialize the usb device, I re set it to USB and use an old 2gb card to boot this app and this time it does asks me where I want to dump, I tell it GC main path, not enough memory, I want to dump my metroid prime GC iso which is a little over 1.2 gb, I have no idea why USBLGX keeps telling me the same nonsense.

To be exact these are the steps I took:

1) Set main GC path to SD>pressed the + button on the screen>not enough memory on the device, if the USB device is acknowledged, if it isnt it tells me "failed to initialize usb device."

2) Set main GC path to usb1>pressed the + button on the screen>selected SD path.

Going to test this now with my 16gb card, I was using an 8gb one.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
thanks for the report.
I'll check the install path, but I thought I tried it enough when I added that feature.

I'll add it to my bug list.

The tedious part is that this happened because I want to cheat on the original version of Metroid Prime, the GC one, and I am not even sure if the ocarina codes are working, so I erased the iso and I attempted to re dump it because my own game is among the first NSTC versions.

Having the 8gb micro SD as USB and the 16GB as the SD allows me to dump, odd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone