• Views 7,208,527
  • Replies 29,371
  • Likes 48

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your response. I tried your file but still no luck. Which global usbloader gx settings and whiche game settings are you using?
I don't use any specific configuration, I have everything by default. The other option I have thought about is that maybe your SD is the problem.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a compatibility list for games that break with the Deflicker filter set to Extended?
No, but when I release my next version of the loader the patch will work for every game.

I'm having trouble getting Kirby's Adventure Wii (Kriby's Return to Dream Land) PAL (SUKP01) to work. The game boots fine to the title screen but when I start a game I get a black screen and have to power off the wii.

The games are stored on an sd card using wii backup manager to create the folder structure under the wbfs folder in the root.
I tried other games which are stored on the same device and only seem to have problems with Kirby's Adventure Wii .
This issue occurs because the game attempts to access the SD card while you're playing it from the SD card.

You'll be able to play Kirby from an SD card when I release the next version of the loader.

Maybe you are not using the correct gameconfig file for your game region, the USA version of the file doesn't work for PAL game.
That file doesn't make the game playable from an SD card. It just allows some cheats and patches to be applied to the game, which would otherwise cause the game to freeze.

As of USB Loader GX r1280 you don't need the gameconfig file and as of r1282 it might cause issues, since the patches will differ.

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
I'm having trouble getting Kirby's Adventure Wii (Kriby's Return to Dream Land) PAL (SUKP01) to work. The game boots fine to the title screen but when I start a game I get a black screen and have to power off the wii.

Hello,

Just in case you're still getting trouble after putting the game on a hard drive, I remember having difficulties with the game too.

And if my memory serves me well, it had to do with various "tricks" I had put to video mode (I believe it was because I had put "480p pixel patch" ON on global settings?)

Maybe try this out?

apf3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This issue occurs because the game attempts to access the SD card while you're playing it from the SD card.

You'll be able to play Kirby from an SD card when I release the next version of the loader.
Thank you for the answer and the hint. Works absolutely fine if I put it on an USB device without the file and still using game patches. Looking forward for the new Release.

Thank you for pushing this Tool and the time you put into it.

djsting

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me start with I'm completely new to modding the Wii and this is my first attempt at it and I've been working on it for many months and forgot the early steps I took. That being said, I've run into some troubles that I have been unable to figure out.

I have Homebrew installed and USB Loader GX. I have a 5TB external USB drive that I'm using for the games. I have partitioned it into two 2TB and one 1TB partitions all formatted as FAT32 with games in the wbfs folder on the first two partitions (those being the two 2TB partitions). When I launch USB Loader GX it appears to be working to the extent that all games on the first partition are listed. I then looked at the settings and found a setting to enable multiple partitions. Every time I attempt to enable this setting the Wii freezes upon hitting save and has to be powered off to recover, afterwards I look at the settings and the enable multiple partitions is still set to 'no'.

What is wrong and how do I fix this?

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why you formatted your drive into multiple positions? I never had much luck with multiple partitions so I would recommend that you format the entire drive as a single FAT32 partition. If you find that you are unable to format a drive that size as a single FAT32 partition, then give this post a read and see if it helps (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...-on-a-wii-as-a-single-fat32-partition.602038/). Let me know if you need any further help. Good luck.

Reactions: jeannotte

Error52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, one issue I had with this software was that, when a certain nunchuck was plugged in, it would cause the program to crash upon detecting the hard-drive with a DSI Exception. This wasn't exclusive solely to this, CleanRip and the Homebrew Browser would also crash, and it seems to be due to the Nunchuck being somewhat knackered - it drifts like crazy in homebrew. But it works just fine without any drifting issues in actual retail games, and some other homebrew like WiiLauncher doesn't have it crash the Wii, so I have to ask if it'd be possible for this crashing issue to be fixed in USB Loader GX at some point.

MPS64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe he is referring to where parts of the banner are cut off when using vwii priiloader
exactly. the banners look extremely glitchy and don't have the border's they're supposed to have.
this is how it's supposed to look. Below, I've attached what it looks for me on my vwii using priiloader.
1698365723932.png

Attachments

• image_2023-10-26_201421058.png
    image_2023-10-26_201421058.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 23
  • image_2023-10-26_201431733.png
    image_2023-10-26_201431733.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 20
  • image_2023-10-26_201445455.png
    image_2023-10-26_201445455.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 18

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I believe he is referring to where parts of the banner are cut off when using vwii priiloader

exactly. the banners look extremely glitchy and don't have the border's they're supposed to have.
this is how it's supposed to look. Below, I've attached what it looks for me on my vwii using priiloader.
View attachment 401228
Yes follow that guide to fix that, you need to download UNEO Channel Booter for Priiloader.zip & copy uneboot.dol to sd card root. Install that file using priiloader

MPS64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes follow that guide to fix that, you need to download UNEO Channel Booter for Priiloader.zip & copy uneboot.dol to sd card root. Install that file using priiloader
Could you send a link to the zip file?
EDIT: nevermind, found it!
Post automatically merged:

ok so an update: didn't work. any other ideas, guys

Last edited by MPS64,

seriffic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I'm using an OSSC with my Wii and would like to use 240p output in VC games.
When launching installed VC games from NAND from the Wii menu, it works as expected - I can enter the button combination and obtain 240p.
When launching the same game from USB Loader GX, also from NAND, the output stays at 480i no matter what.
I even set all the loader settings to 'default'. From my understanding there is no 'force 240p' option.
Any advice? Thanks.

djsting

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why you formatted your drive into multiple positions? I never had much luck with multiple partitions so I would recommend that you format the entire drive as a single FAT32 partition. If you find that you are unable to format a drive that size as a single FAT32 partition, then give this post a read and see if it helps (link had to be removed since I do not have 5 posts yet). Let me know if you need any further help. Good luck.
I thought I had to due to the 2TB FAT32 partition size limitation. I followed your instructions and it appears to be working perfectly now. THANK YOU!!!

Reactions: Clutz450

seriffic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a hail mary and reset settings in USB Loader GX. Now VC games are playable in 240p... but now I have the opposite problem. Can't force games to run in 480p.

The system is set to 480i, which is needed for 240p to work. I was previously able to force Wii games to run 480p, but now I can't. Even if I set the global settings to 'NTSC480p' and individual game settings to the same, games boot into 480i, as if it's just respecting the system level video setting instead of USB Loader's preference. Is there a video setting I'm forgetting?

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I had to due to the 2TB FAT32 partition size limitation. I followed your instructions and it appears to be working perfectly now. THANK YOU!!!
Glad you got it working. Not sure if it's still a thing (more than likely not) but I remember reading years ago that Nintendont was unable to read games passed the 2TB mark. So what I did on my drive was I copied over all my Gamecube games over first and then everything else after. This ensured my gamecube games were in the first 2TB of the drive. Again, it's probably not an issue anymore but if you are starting over with a newly formatted drive, you might as well copy them over in that way just in case.

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Glad you got it working. Not sure if it's still a thing (more than likely not) but I remember reading years ago that Nintendont was unable to read games passed the 2TB mark. So what I did on my drive was I copied over all my Gamecube games over first and then everything else after. This ensured my gamecube games were in the first 2TB of the drive. Again, it's probably not an issue anymore but if you are starting over with a newly formatted drive, you might as well copy them over in that way just in case.
As far as I know, it's true for the Wii U : my Wii was able to read from a 5TB hard drive.
I had trouble making isos, though : so I had to use the 2TB for the Wii, and "sacrifice" 3TB on the newer hard drive by formatting it in Wii U format.

2TB is more than enough for Wii games, though, and I have plenty of roms and PS1 games on this drive too!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: m