• Views 7,209,030
  • Replies 29,371
  • Likes 48

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, i spoke too soon. i have created some forwarder channels for wiistation signle rom loaders. when i install the forwarder channels to nand, they open the game fine. however, when i launch them from usb loader gx, with the wad installed on sysnand or emunand, the game ends up not being able to find the wiisxr folder and stays at 0 fps with a black screen, or returning to the wii menu in some cases. launching it from hbc does work correctly. i used v14 .dol from modmii if that helps. any other ideas? thanks again

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
Is there a way to report bugs?
I have updated to the latest version and I find that if I start a game quickly the screen goes black. On the other hand, if I wait a few seconds on the banner, the game starts correctly.
Originally I didn't have issue reports open on GitHub because my version of the loader was a fork, but I guess now that it's official I'll look into accepting issue reports after I release the next update.

Could you try using my previous release? You'll need to delete TitlesCache.bin from the usbloader_gx folder for it to boot correctly.

hey there, i have some custom roms/emulators that don't appear in gametdb when automatically downloading images (understandably so). is there an easy way or a template i should use to make custom images for these games? they are single rom loaders for various system (n64, ps1, arcade, snes)
https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/BoxMaker

And GameTDB recommends using these cover templates.

when i install the forwarder channels to nand, they open the game fine. however, when i launch them from usb loader gx, with the wad installed on sysnand or emunand, the game ends up not being able to find the wiisxr folder and stays at 0 fps with a black screen, or returning to the wii menu in some cases. launching it from hbc does work correctly. i used v14 .dol from modmii if that helps. any other ideas? thanks again
I fixed this issue back in July for someone else.

EDIT: Actually, I just realised that it was you that I gave the test version to and it worked back then. So I assume you're still using that test version?

i installed some forwarder wads onto my sysnand, they loaded the game whether the data was on sd or usb. when i put those same forwarders on emunand, i have to turn off "block ios reload" in order for the forwarder to actually load the game. does this have something to do with usb access? Thanks.
I'd need to check, but I guess it could be caused by an IOS mismatch since I didn't test the fix against an EmuNAND.

Last edited by blackb0x,

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, i spoke too soon. i have created some forwarder channels for wiistation signle rom loaders. when i install the forwarder channels to nand, they open the game fine. however, when i launch them from usb loader gx, with the wad installed on sysnand or emunand, the game ends up not being able to find the wiisxr folder and stays at 0 fps with a black screen, or returning to the wii menu in some cases. launching it from hbc does work correctly. i used v14 .dol from modmii if that helps. any other ideas? thanks again
I do notice you mention the wiisxr folder. I believe WiiStation is looking for a folder called wiisxrx on the root of your storage device, not wiisxr.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originally I didn't have issue reports open on GitHub because my version of the loader was a fork, but I guess now that it's official I'll look into accepting issue reports after I release the next update.

Could you try using my previous release? You'll need to delete TitlesCache.bin from the usbloader_gx folder for it to boot correctly.

https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/BoxMaker

And GameTDB recommends using these cover templates.

I fixed this issue back in July for someone else.

EDIT: Actually, I just realised that it was you that I gave the test version to and it worked back then. So I assume you're still using that test version?

I'd need to check, but I guess it could be caused by an IOS mismatch since I didn't test the fix against an EmuNAND.

thank you much, it actually was me lol. some forwarders work from emunand while some do not. the version you provided does work if the forwarder is installed on sysnand (wii home menu)

aleps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

That version works fine. Thanks

Reactions: johw

PrinceMarth

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey! So I've installed usb loader gx on my vwii but when I try starting a game (mario kart wii) it sends me back to the homebrew channel screen. I'm trying to load my games from my sd card, note that usb loader gx detects the game but doesn't start it properly.

clandestine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some applications aren't showing up in the Homebrew launcher from within USB Loader GX. Namely snex 9x GX. It's definitely on my USB drive and it launches fine if I select the forwarder channel from the Wii Titles menu from within the Homebrew launcher menu. Why would some homebrew applications not be visible to me in USB Loader GX?

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! So I've installed usb loader gx on my vwii but when I try starting a game (mario kart wii) it sends me back to the homebrew channel screen. I'm trying to load my games from my sd card, note that usb loader gx detects the game but doesn't start it properly.
That could be for 3 reasons:

- cIOS installed incorrectly
- Corrupt ISO
- Problems with your USB/SD/HDD

Reactions: Kirby6417

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to fix it by fully formatting my sd card to fat32 and re-installing the cIOSes
Nice. I’ll say it for anybody who passes through this thread: use guiformat for everything on the Wii. I don’t know how different formatters can yield different results, but I’ve had random errors in random places when I use tools other than this, at least for SD cards in the SD slot.

Dropping a link to be clear which one I’m referring to

http://ridgecrop.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Reactions: Clutz450

apf3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm having trouble getting Kirby's Adventure Wii (Kriby's Return to Dream Land) PAL (SUKP01) to work. The game boots fine to the title screen but when I start a game I get a black screen and have to power off the wii.

The games are stored on an sd card using wii backup manager to create the folder structure under the wbfs folder in the root.
I tried other games which are stored on the same device and only seem to have problems with Kirby's Adventure Wii .

Here's my systemcheck
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition von JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, und Nano
...laeuft auf dem IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
Systemmenue 4.3E (v514)
Priiloader installiert
Laufwerksdatum: 14.07.2008
Homebrewkanal 1.1.2 benutzt IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
Konsolen-ID: 89010739
Konsolentyp: Wii
Shop-Kanal-Land: Germany (78)
Boot2 v4
Es wurden 82 Titel gefunden.
Es wurden 49 IOS gefunden, von denen 15 funktionslos (Stub) sind.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS4 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS9 (rev 1034): Keine Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS11 (rev 256): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS12 (rev 526): Keine Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS17 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS21 (rev 1039): Keine Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): Keine Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): Keine Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS31 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): Keine Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS41 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): Keine Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS51 (rev 4864): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS52 (rev 5888): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS53 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): Keine Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): Keine Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS61 (rev 5662): Keine Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): Keine Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS80 (rev 6944): Keine Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS223 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS248[38] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff
IOS249[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Bericht wurde am 20.10.2023 generiert.

I'm running USB Loader GX Version v3.0-r1281.

I verified the hashes of the game in wii backup manager and they are fine.

First I tried the gameconfig.txt in the root method, after this I tried to deactivate all loader patches in the game settings with no luck.

Am I missing something?

Last edited by apf3l,

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting Kirby's Adventure Wii (Kriby's Return to Dream Land) PAL (SUKP01) to work. The game boots fine to the title screen but when I start a game I get a black screen and have to power off the wii.

The games are stored on an sd card using wii backup manager to create the folder structure under the wbfs folder in the root.
I tried other games which are stored on the same device and only seem to have problems with Kirby's Adventure Wii .

Here's my systemcheck

I'm running USB Loader GX Version v3.0-r1281.

I verified the hashes of the game in wii backup manager and they are fine.

First I tried the gameconfig.txt in the root method, after this I tried to deactivate all loader patches in the game settings with no luck.

Am I missing something?
Maybe you are not using the correct gameconfig file for your game region, the USA version of the file doesn't work for PAL game.

I have that file for the PAL version which is the one you are trying to test, if you need it I can give it to you and you can try it again.

Attachments

• gameconfig.txt
    35.3 KB · Views: 21

apf3l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe you are not using the correct gameconfig file for your game region, the USA version of the file doesn't work for PAL game.

I have that file for the PAL version which is the one you are trying to test, if you need it I can give it to you and you can try it again.
Thank you for your response. I tried your file but still no luck. Which global usbloader gx settings and whiche game settings are you using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If you do run them over and get your money back