XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Download the vWii d2x v11 installer package that's attached to this post.
I wonder if we should combine installers/xmls so that 1 installer can be used to install many commonly used versions.

Perhaps v11beta1, v11beta1 with fakemote 0.5.0, v10 beta53-alt, and again with fakemote. No point in adding v10 beta52 or v8 final since it seems there are no benefits over v11-beta1

Edit: or we could go nuts and include every single version ever. There will be a dozen folders of different modules though and could get large

Last edited by XFlak,

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I have to say great work on the newest release found on wiidev github But I do have a huge ask if it could be looked into and thats using All Wii U USB Ports as it seems very possible I have a ethernet adaptor which was plugged into the front and my Wii U HDD was in the back and homebrew channel, Homebrew Store both could initialize Network access so after numerous attempts I had have my Ethernet Adaptor Plugged in bottom back USB just to be able to download Covers etc... If This could be done would be great way to use GC Adaptor with GC Games etc... as well as network access.

@blackb0x sorry to bother I made this as a inject and oddly it doesn't work as a inject but older USB Loader GX do is it possible there would be a version that can be used with Wii U I mean loading vWii and booting app through Homebrew Works perfectly fine but booting from Wii U homescreen it black screens.

Last edited by danny19901,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@blackb0x is there anyway to make madworld to display 480p ? It keep switch to 480i althought my wii is set to 480p
None of the loaders settings can currently make that game play at 480p.

Perhaps v11beta1, v11beta1 with fakemote 0.5.0, v10 beta53-alt, and again with fakemote. No point in adding v10 beta52 or v8 final since it seems there are no benefits over v11-beta1

Edit: or we could go nuts and include every single version ever. There will be a dozen folders of different modules though and could get large
I've avoided doing that because I don't want to take on questions about fakemote or deal with any issues or requests people might have.

I have a ethernet adaptor which was plugged into the front and my Wii U HDD
Have you set the loaders IOS to 251 (base 58)? That's required to use one port for storage and one port for your adaptor.

@blackb0x sorry to bother I made this as a inject and oddly it doesn't work as a inject but older USB Loader GX do is it possible there would be a version that can be used with Wii U I mean loading vWii and booting app through Homebrew Works perfectly fine but booting from Wii U homescreen it black screens.
I guess not many people use the loader as an inject, since you're the first person to mention this. But does r1272 from SourceForge work as an inject or does it need to be even older?

I don't own a Wii U, so I can't debug this issue myself yet,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is for all people who like to say thank you for the new USB Loader GX Version of blackb0x and also asking for support.

Blackbox doenst own a WiiU by himself to work and troubleshoot directly on it. As a current crowdfound campaign, you can donate to him by spending him a coffee to finally get his own WiiU. Its a win for you and him.
Or maybe someone in EU will offer him a WiiU, then send him a pm.

I also opened here a thread about it for this crowdfounding support.

Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: Incure and blackb0x

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
None of the loaders settings can currently make that game play at 480p.

I've avoided doing that because I don't want to take on questions about fakemote or deal with any issues or requests people might have.

Have you set the loaders IOS to 251 (base 58)? That's required to use one port for storage and one port for your adaptor.

I guess not many people use the loader as an inject, since you're the first person to mention this. But does r1272 from SourceForge work as an inject or does it need to be even older?

I don't own a Wii U, so I can't debug this issue myself yet,
Thanks for the reply I mainly use it For my GC Games I redid all my CIOS with v11 beta 1 if i remeber correctly I think i did 249, 250 and 251 I only did that yester day I think r1272 I believe was the one that worked as a inject I tried making the inject twice 1st with c2w Patcher and 2nd without it which no success just black screen I However have a spare Wii U however I have no cables or anything for it If it's anygood I would Happily Send you it I was also donated it as I had issues with my Original.

Reactions: blackb0x

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I However have a spare Wii U however I have no cables or anything for it If it's anygood I would Happily Send you it I was also donated it as I had issues with my Original.
Is that a complete Wii U (console + gamepad) or just the console without the power brick? Thanks for the offer either way :)

gingamonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, I'm just looking at updating USB Loader GX to severe ties with an external HDD and move everything to the SD card.

Is there a limit to size/type of SD card that will work in the Wii, or is it 'anything goes'?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, I'm just looking at updating USB Loader GX to severe ties with an external HDD and move everything to the SD card.

Is there a limit to size/type of SD card that will work in the Wii, or is it 'anything goes'?
I've tested the loader with a 256GB Amazon Basics microSDXC card, but I've seen people say that 512GB works too.

You won't be able to use EmuNAND saves while playing games from an SD card, since the d2x cIOS can't currently write to your SD card while it's reading a game from it. So if that's a feature that you use you then should stick to using a USB HDD for the time being.

• Love
Reactions: ChibiMofo and XFlak

gingamonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've tested the loader with a 256GB Amazon Basics microSDXC card, but I've seen people say that 512GB works too.

You won't be able to use EmuNAND saves while playing games from an SD card, since the d2x cIOS can't currently write to your SD card while it's reading a game from it. So if that's a feature that you use you then should stick to using a USB HDD for the time being.
Cool, thanks! There's a 512gb sandisk on offer on amazon for £37.99 - I'll take the plunge.

...And a special thanks for making all of this possible!

ecto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After seeing those great videos about deflicker and framebuffer modes, I instantly had to test it out. Thanks for there great options! I have my Wii connected to the TV with a component cable, so I'm really enjoying this new visual clarity!
I was just wondering: Does the disabling of the deflicker filter also work for my uneek setup and those installed games?
As I understand it, I have to use Priiloader to disable the filter in system menu. Does this then also apply for the USB Loader? Does my uneek also need some patching?
Questions, question... ;)

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After seeing those great videos about deflicker and framebuffer modes, I instantly had to test it out. Thanks for there great options! I have my Wii connected to the TV with a component cable, so I'm really enjoying this new visual clarity!
I was just wondering: Does the disabling of the deflicker filter also work for my uneek setup and those installed games?
As I understand it, I have to use Priiloader to disable the filter in system menu. Does this then also apply for the USB Loader? Does my uneek also need some patching?
Questions, question... ;)
Disable deflicker in priiloader only works on the system menu keep it disabled in usb loader gx if you want it to work on your games i dont think sneek has the option for disable deflicker i just bought component cables and i agree it does look really good.

Reactions: ecto

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u use an older version of neek u can enable deflicker using priiloader (if installed to the emulated nand, modmii nand modifier can add or remove it from emunands). Newer versions of neek2o ignore priiloader if installed. If a new neek2o update ever gets released I have it on good authority that it should re-enabled priiloader

But yeah, almost not worth it for all the neek2o features in the latest rev96

Reactions: ecto

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Welp. I just found out that my SD card that had my pirated Wii backups kinda died?
Like, it wasn't being read by my Wii nor my laptop.
So, plugged it to my lap and Windows asked me to format it... so... I did.

Now I'm asking why USB Loader GX is not saving my preferences such as Deflicker Filter and Video Width.
Am I missing folders in order to save the settings?
All I currently have in my SD is:
/apps
/wbfs
/covers

Asking because re-downloading USB Loader GX doesn't contain any folders other than apps.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Applying the same logic, I guess any mods like super smash bros infinite that read a private folder on the SD card wouldn't work either if the game is launched via sd, right?
I don't think mods like that work with the loader in general? But yea, it'd likely fail.

Now I'm asking why USB Loader GX is not saving my preferences such as Deflicker Filter and Video Width.
That might happen if your SD card has got more than 1 partition, so check with a partition manager of your choice. Then if necessary format the whole SD card to FAT32 with the cluster size set to 32K.

My next update improves FAT32 partition seeking so that the loader will work correctly with poorly formatted SD cards.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That might happen if your SD card has got more than 1 partition, so check with a partition manager of your choice. Then if necessary format the whole SD card to FAT32 with the cluster size set to 32K.

My next update improves FAT32 partition seeking so that the loader will work correctly with poorly formatted SD cards.
Yeah, well... no, I did not had any partitions.
Just a 64GB SD set to FAT32 and 32kb with AOMEI probably a year ago.
It... just sort of decided to die today as Sunday was working fine. Like, totally dead.
Anyway... I just re-formatted back to exFAT with Windows and then back to FAT32 with AOMEI and everything seems to be working fine again.

So... I see... the screenshots of that post you linked are indeed directing to a usbloader_gx folder.
Post automatically merged:

Mods like that do work with the loader, I've gotten SSBB Infinite working on the latest gx, Wiiflow and cfg usb loader :)
U serious? Two weeks ago got interested as I got my hands on a USB thumbstick.
Site of Infinite said that Wii couldn't handle the Infinite size as it was sitting around 8+GB of data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck