• Views 7,152,123
  • Replies 29,352
  • Likes 47

Kirby567fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
@blackb0x Sorry for the mention but it seems like the latest version of USB Loader GX doesnt pass configs to Nintendont when in Wii VC mode(injected forwarder dol to a Wii U app with gamepad support).
I dont know if older versions had this working or not.
It also seems like all settings are set to 0, no or off so maybe the memory Nintendont is supposed to read is set to 0s.
Is this a limitation from Wii VC or just a bug?
It would be very cool if it could be fixed cause the whole point of Wii VC mode is playing GC games.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
U serious? Two weeks ago got interested as I got my hands on a USB thumbstick.
Site of Infinite said that Wii couldn't handle the Infinite size as it was sitting around 8+GB of data.
Here are some revised instructions, specifically mentions how to get it to work in WiiFlow and other loaders. The other referenced required files come from the source, specifically their May 2017 Dolphin archive (might be called Dolphin May 2017.rar), but in theory the method should to get any version working on all 3 big wii usb loaders as well as dolphin

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5v1uhqst4bgtk3f/SETUP_INSTRUCTIONS_-_XFlak.rtf/file

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@blackb0x Sorry for the mention but it seems like the latest version of USB Loader GX doesnt pass configs to Nintendont when in Wii VC mode(injected forwarder dol to a Wii U app with gamepad support).
I dont know if older versions had this working or not.
It also seems like all settings are set to 0, no or off so maybe the memory Nintendont is supposed to read is set to 0s.
Is this a limitation from Wii VC or just a bug?
It would be very cool if it could be fixed cause the whole point of Wii VC mode is playing GC games.
I'm in the process of getting a Wii U, so I'll be sure to look into it within the next few weeks. But it'd be good to know if something like r1272 (mod v7) has the same problem.

I assume you're using Nintendont 6.500 and that everything works correctly when you don't use the forwarder to have gamepad support?

Kirby567fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
I'm in the process of getting a Wii U, so I'll be sure to look into it within the next few weeks. But it'd be good to know if something like r1272 (mod v7) has the same problem.

I assume you're using Nintendont 6.500 and that everything works correctly when you don't use the forwarder to have gamepad support?
Yes I have Nintendont 6.500.
I tested ULGX r1272 (mod v7) and the results are the same: the settings are not sent in Wii VC mode(with gamepad support) but are sent if outside the Wii VC sandbox.
I forgot to note but settings also get sent in r1281 if not in the Wii VC mode, just wanted to make that clear.

Last edited by Kirby567fan,
Reactions: blackb0x

ZamuelA

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have a WII and I read about the deflicker filter setting that is supposed to be in the USB loader, but I can't find it anywere. I saw some video of it but it doesn't exist in my menu. I have the latest version (3.0 rev 1272). Is this something that need to be installed separate or something.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a WII and I read about the deflicker filter setting that is supposed to be in the USB loader, but I can't find it anywere. I saw some video of it but it doesn't exist in my menu. I have the latest version (3.0 rev 1272). Is this something that need to be installed separate or something.
you do not have the latest. the latest is 1281 afaik, add in @blackb0x 's version, then update the app normally.

Trip_Away

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Question
I teleported bread
I mean, the update function works? I can update USB Loader GX from the Wii without remove the SD card?
The same with the "Update Nintendont" function.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, the update function works? I can update USB Loader GX from the Wii without remove the SD card?
Yes. When I release updates you'll be able to download and install them from within the loader.

The same with the "Update Nintendont" function.
Yes. It'll download and install the latest version of Nintendont.

Reactions: XFlak and Maeson

ZamuelA

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I found the option for deflicker in the new version! I couldn't find it at all in the previous one. I'm not sure it made the image better. It is clearer but also I see fainth lines over the screen, similar to scanlines but not black. It's more like the textures have this as a "dither" function or something. I guess it might be how the WII is and nothing you can do anything about?

lZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yesterday I've decided to update to 1281 (I actually have this version https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/ ) so I installed the v11-beta CIOS that USB lader GX needed, but I have some problems, when I start USB loader GX it stucks in "reinitializing devices" when I have my usb connected, starting without the USB, I open Hard drive settings and change "game/install partition" it recognizes my usb and I can open games, but sometimes when I try to change the game/install partitions it stucks in a limbo, I can't open wii home, press the back button and I need to turn off my console, I saw that it can't save settings changed too, I try to delete old USB loader GX and make a clear install but it doesn't work, I think the usb is not the problem because I can play on old versions without problem any help?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @blackb0x I know you don't have a Wii U to test on still (probably) but in the current version of USB Loader GX we have an option under Settings -> Features called Wii U Widescreen.

This option toggles how the Wii U displays the video appearance between- letterboxed 4:3 or 16:9, and whatever you leave this toggled to persists into the next software that loads.

Could we perhaps get this option implemented on a per game basis?

Many Wii games internally display at 4:3 even if the console is set to 16:9, so being able to set this per game so such titles don't play stretched on a Wii U screen would be nice.

PS: another wishlist item I've wanted to see fixed is how the cursor appears to be stretched in USB Loader GX when it is running on a console set to 16:9. The cursor should adjusted for 16:9 displays and this afaik has never worked properly.

Last edited by CheatFreak47,
Reactions: Nomado

Donaldduck8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I also updated from 1271 to 1281 today and experience the same issue as IZer0; whenever I launch USB Loader GX it gets stuck on "Reinitializing devices" for a while, then gives up and only shows Wii channels. I can then change the "game/install partition" setting and it recognizes my games just fine.
Another issue I'm running into on 1281 is that the background music in the USB Loader GX menu plays with pretty bad aliasing, which is a crystally noisy sound on top of the music.
Neither of these issues happen on 1271, so I downgraded for now. I wanted to file issues on the project's Github but it seems they have them disabled, does anyone know if this thread is the right place to report this?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I open Hard drive settings and change "game/install partition" it recognizes my usb and I can open games, but sometimes when I try to change the game/install partitions it stucks in a limbo
If you go to settings and check custom paths are they either SD or USB1? And are you launching the loader via the homebrew channel or a forwarder?

I can play on old versions without problem
Which old version exactly? Since some people avoid r1272 because their hard drive doesn't play nice with IOS58.

Does r1272 mod v7 also have the issue?

I also updated from 1271 to 1281 today and experience the same issue as IZer0; whenever I launch USB Loader GX it gets stuck on "Reinitializing devices" for a while, then gives up and only shows Wii channels. I can then change the "game/install partition" setting and it recognizes my games just fine.
Is there a reason you haven't used r1272 and could you also try with r1272 mod v7 linked above?

If you have the same missue with mod 7v then you could try to edit the meta.xml file so that the boot IOS is set to 249 instead of 58. Just be sure to remove the two lines to enable arguments.

Another issue I'm running into on 1281 is that the background music in the USB Loader GX menu plays with pretty bad aliasing, which is a crystally noisy sound on top of the music.
In r1272 and older the sound loop was wrong as it didn't match up with the Wii's system menu. It does now, although maybe it doesn't sound good if you've increased the music volume above 80%? On my sound system and with my headphones it sounds fine though.

This option toggles how the Wii U displays the video appearance between- letterboxed 4:3 or 16:9, and whatever you leave this toggled to persists into the next software that loads.

Could we perhaps get this option implemented on a per game basis?
I didn't know that it persists and assumed that the setting was for only the loader. So now I'm a little confused why the original devs didn't add it on a per game basis :unsure: I'll be sure to look into it when I get a Wii U.

Last edited by blackb0x,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh my god, I'm having problems when there weren't any in the beggining.

I had USB Loader GX v3.0 r-1281 (latest) and was working just fine... until my SD card kind of got corrupted or something.
Reformatted SD, copied over my files and the same version of USB Loader...
But somehow now it's not showing anything at all.

And I can't set custom paths to Covers and such as clicking on the options with WiiRemote just says: Error!
Am I doing something wrong here? I didn't do anything special the first time trying this new version 2 weeks ago.

Here's a vid:

CFG USB Loader is indeed working fine.
So I'm guessing I'm just being extra stupid with GX settings or something, but I can't quite put my finger on what exactly.

Last edited by JuanMena,

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I formatted the HD to FAT 32 and converted the HD to WBF (game format) but even so Tomb Raider still doesn't work (anniversary and Undeworld) when it starts it gets a black screen just like the Kirby Adventure Wii it used to have and I think it's the same problem
Post automatically merged:

Hi all, when is the new version of usbloadergx with fix for tintin expected?
I would also like to have a fix for Tomb Raider games, which unfortunately does not yet exist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs