• Likes 49

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
HOw can I make USB Loader to boot with WIi? I mean that when I turn on my WIi it is in USB LOADER GX.
1. install the forwarder channel
2. two options:
- if you have bootmii installed in boot2, you can use the bootmii mod
- if you have priiloader, you can install the "forwarder dol" (not the loader's dol, unless you updated to priiloader beta)

DOes USB LOADER SUpport ISO files?.
yes, but why use 4GB files when the game is only few MB? waste of space...
and gamecube, emunand and a lot of homebrew work only with FAT32. ISO can't be placed on FAT32

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
But to use the forwarder I need IOS 51 no?

How is your system working?
Did you fixed your system menu/Wifi problem?
Did you installed ios 58? cios d2x on slot 249 base 56?
A syscheck log (tutorial in Cyan's signature) should give us a good idea of what you have.
You should fix your system before trying random things.

I don't think forwarders require ios 51 but Cyan should know better.

DOes USB LOADER SUpport ISO files?.

GameCube games has to be in iso format
Wii iso are also supported but you need an NTFS partition which is not compatible with Gamecube loading and most other homebrews.

M4ST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Until now I don't have done anything, Imasking things, so when I have the tools needed I know what to do, so do everything prefectly without problems.

Anibal Pacheco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not dead, but I'm very slow to release new revision (like always).

I guess more parental control/lockes can be added.
I understand the layout (if you want to keep it on banner layout), but I don't understand total shutdown.
You don't want the users to shutdown the console, or you want only the idle/WC24 mode? (I don't understand why you would like to use the "orange" state, as there's no WC24 service anymore)
what differences are you finding in orange/red state?

I will have to check which buttons are hidden when the loader is locked. there are two way to shutdown/exit : the bottom right button (useless? it's there only for design) and the Home menu (can be customized in the GUI settings)
Maybe you want more parental control in the home menu choices?

It's HARD to setup, may not work well, can corrupt your drive if done wrong.
first, you need d2x v9 or v10-alt to allow both USB Ports.

put Wii HDD to Port0 (bottom port on Wii, top port on vWii)
put GC HDD to port1 (the other port)
in the loader > settings > HDD Settings > Dual port : yes
in the loader > settings > HDD Settings > multiple partition : yes (this allow you to list all games from all connected HDD at the same time)
in the loader > settings > user path : DO NOT USE ANY USB ACCESS FOR RESOURCES (covers, custom music, settings, banners, etc.) NEVER ! USE SD CARD FOR ALL YOUR HOMEBREW CONTENT/FILES/SETTINGS. Not following this can corrupt your data.
in the loader > settings > user path : Set the correct path for the "Gamecube Main path" to be located on the second partition.
In the loader > top menu > 4th icon > enable both Wii and Gamecube.

alternate easier solution :
Buy a bigger hard drive (not flashdrive) with the money you saved by not buying games.
prefer USB2.0 if you can (as some USB3.0 seems to have issues with this loader. I still need to fix this)
Ok, but I have a problem the usbloader_gx custom paths is set to usb8 and I cant change it.

Anibal Pacheco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not dead, but I'm very slow to release new revision (like always).

I guess more parental control/lockes can be added.
I understand the layout (if you want to keep it on banner layout), but I don't understand total shutdown.
You don't want the users to shutdown the console, or you want only the idle/WC24 mode? (I don't understand why you would like to use the "orange" state, as there's no WC24 service anymore)
what differences are you finding in orange/red state?

I will have to check which buttons are hidden when the loader is locked. there are two way to shutdown/exit : the bottom right button (useless? it's there only for design) and the Home menu (can be customized in the GUI settings)
Maybe you want more parental control in the home menu choices?

It's HARD to setup, may not work well, can corrupt your drive if done wrong.
first, you need d2x v9 or v10-alt to allow both USB Ports.

put Wii HDD to Port0 (bottom port on Wii, top port on vWii)
put GC HDD to port1 (the other port)
in the loader > settings > HDD Settings > Dual port : yes
in the loader > settings > HDD Settings > multiple partition : yes (this allow you to list all games from all connected HDD at the same time)
in the loader > settings > user path : DO NOT USE ANY USB ACCESS FOR RESOURCES (covers, custom music, settings, banners, etc.) NEVER ! USE SD CARD FOR ALL YOUR HOMEBREW CONTENT/FILES/SETTINGS. Not following this can corrupt your data.
in the loader > settings > user path : Set the correct path for the "Gamecube Main path" to be located on the second partition.
In the loader > top menu > 4th icon > enable both Wii and Gamecube.

alternate easier solution :
Buy a bigger hard drive (not flashdrive) with the money you saved by not buying games.
prefer USB2.0 if you can (as some USB3.0 seems to have issues with this loader. I still need to fix this)
What IOS DO I install it?

Anibal Pacheco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I got it like that, I was able to fix it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Gamecube games need to go in a folder on the root of the drive called "games".

Example:
/games/Baten Kaitos Origins [GK4E01]/game.iso
/games/Baten Kaitos Origins [GK4E01]/disc2.iso (for the second disc of 2-disc games)
Thanks for helping.

Last edited by Anibal Pacheco,

biku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

After some research I'm starting to think that I'm dumb...

Is there a way to load all wiiware and virtual console games throught USB Loader GX without realNAND?

The best config I've tried so far was:

- Emunand in first partition of Hard Drive
- neek option set in the config

Some of the virtual console games that did not load before (like Majora's mask or Kirby Crystal Shards) could load (it took a lot of time loading, though) but they freezed if I pressed the home button. Also, there were some wiiware games that still didn't run, like 2fast4gnomz.

I'm so impressed with this loader and I really want it to be the only app I run in my wii.

Thank you! :bow:

pd: Sorry if I made any grammar mistake. I'm not an english speaker :sleep:

Last edited by biku,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe I don't understand what "realNAND" mean to you.
But you already are using EmuNAND (dump of your real Wii NAND) if you use neek.

You don't need realNAND (your real Wii system memory) for wiiware.
You can use two different EmuNAND mode : cIOS or Neek.

cIOS is easy, but not 100% compatible.
Neek is less easy to setup/load/exit games/return to loader.

cIOS need only a NAND dump on your SD or USB, and d2x cIOS as main game's IOS. that's all :)
for non compatible games, neek will have to be set as EmuNAND mode for these games (or for all your games if you prefer neek over cIOS)

Reactions: biku

biku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I don't understand what "realNAND" mean to you.
But you already are using EmuNAND (dump of your real Wii NAND) if you use neek.

You don't need realNAND (your real Wii system memory) for wiiware.
You can use two different EmuNAND mode : cIOS or Neek.

cIOS is easy, but not 100% compatible.
Neek is less easy to setup/load/exit games/return to loader.

cIOS need only a NAND dump on your SD or USB, and d2x cIOS as main game's IOS. that's all :)
for non compatible games, neek will have to be set as EmuNAND mode for these games (or for all your games if you prefer neek over cIOS)
Thanks for answering.

That's pretty much The idea I had of this.

Is there a way to config neek mode to prevent those freezings when home button is pushed?

Also, I can't run some wii Ware games even in neek mode (like 2fast4gnomz) but the same games loads perfectly using real nand.

Am I doing something wrong?

Maybe I'm not setting neek correctly... Where can I find an specific guide?

Thanks again.

Last edited by biku,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know why your home button s freezing, sorry.

Did you edit the neek's setting?
while inside neek's system menu > hidden menu > Region free : ON
Some games need the region free patch enabled to boot.

did you create a new/clean NAND with modmii, or did you dump your own NAND ?
f it works on your realNAND, try doing a new dump with USBLoaderGX (settings>features>dump NAND)
don't forget to set a new path in user's path menu first, or you will overwrite your current NAND dump.

biku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why your home button s freezing, sorry.

Did you edit the neek's setting?
while inside neek's system menu > hidden menu > Region free : ON
Some games need the region free patch enabled to boot.

did you create a new/clean NAND with modmii, or did you dump your own NAND ?
f it works on your realNAND, try doing a new dump with USBLoaderGX (settings>features>dump NAND)
don't forget to set a new path in user's path menu first, or you will overwrite your current NAND dump.

I've tried with both, a dump of my own nand and a new one created with modmii. Both with the same results.
I didn't even know that there was a hidden menu at the neek's system menu. I'll try it.

Thank you!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Boot neek from USBLoaderGX > settings > features > neek
then, once you are on the System menu, press 1 (or 2) on the wiimote

One button is for the game's list, the other one is for the hidden menu.
The menu might take some time to appear after booting neek, it needs to be loaded in memory. Wait few seconds and press the wiimote's button. If nothing appear, try pressing again, etc.
Press +/- to change page on the hidden menu, select the options you want and save the settings (it might reboot neek, but that's fine)

Set the video mode too (in case some games need a specific mode, like progressive or interlace etc..)

Then, more games will work.

If a game still doesn't work, try booting it from neek's system menu instead of using auto-boot from USBLoaderGX.
let me know if a game works without auto-boot only.

biku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boot neek from USBLoaderGX > settings > features > neek
then, once you are on the System menu, press 1 (or 2) on the wiimote

One button is for the game's list, the other one is for the hidden menu.
The menu might take some time to appear after booting neek, it needs to be loaded in memory. Wait few seconds and press the wiimote's button. If nothing appear, try pressing again, etc.
Press +/- to change page on the hidden menu, select the options you want and save the settings (it might reboot neek, but that's fine)

Set the video mode too (in case some games need a specific mode, like progressive or interlace etc..)

Then, more games will work.

If a game still doesn't work, try booting it from neek's system menu instead of using auto-boot from USBLoaderGX.
let me know if a game works without auto-boot only.

Thank you so much! It doesn't freeze now!

I just entered the hidden menu, set some parameters and all done!

One last question if you don't mind.

Is it possible to use neek with an emunand stored in the SD Card (is it called sneek?)?
My HDD is full of Wii and Gamecube Games and I have an empty 32GB SDHC ^_^U

Again, THANKS!! :lol::bow::bow::bow:

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
on Wii, Sneek2o should work.
on WiiU, SD version is removed from the code from neek2o (or not supported anymore, can crash etc.)

Some users reported issues with SD, but Just try.
Create a Sneek+di instead of Uneek+di, and put it on SD card's sneek folder. place your nand dump on SD too.
You can have both SD and USB at the same time, USBLoaderGX will detect the EmuNAND folder location and boot the correct neek kernel.
When you create Uneek, it creates two files : one for USB and one for SD. You don't need the one for SD if you use USBLoaderGX. the loader boot usb:/sneek/ directly if the nand is on USB.
sd:/sneek/ here place sneek file
usb:/sneek/ here place uneek file

+di = disc emulation, Wii game ISO booting from wbfs folder using the hidden menu. If you don't want to run games from neek, don't use "di" when generated neek2o files.
Wii game from neek can be useful for games like tintin or drivers, they don't work from USBloaders.

biku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on Wii, Sneek2o should work.
on WiiU, SD version is removed from the code from neek2o (or not supported anymore, can crash etc.)

Some users reported issues with SD, but Just try.
Create a Sneek+di instead of Uneek+di, and put it on SD card's sneek folder. place your nand dump on SD too.
You can have both SD and USB at the same time, USBLoaderGX will detect the EmuNAND folder location and boot the correct neek kernel.
When you create Uneek, it creates two files : one for USB and one for SD. You don't need the one for SD if you use USBLoaderGX. the loader boot usb:/sneek/ directly if the nand is on USB.
sd:/sneek/ here place sneek file
usb:/sneek/ here place uneek file

+di = disc emulation, Wii game ISO booting from wbfs folder using the hidden menu. If you don't want to run games from neek, don't use "di" when generated neek2o files.
Wii game from neek can be useful for games like tintin or drivers, they don't work from USBloaders.

I get a message saying: "Neek2o does not support 'Emulated NAND Channel Path' on SD! Please setup Uneek2o instead."

What did I do wrong? :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ughhhh so hard to find, "Marmalade Boy" lol my girlfriend wants this weird movie.... I wonder if...