• Start date
  • Views 7,197,857
  • Replies 29,370
  • Likes 48

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendont can do that because nintendont is emulating the game input device and interpreting all game commands.
Nintendont is resident in memory while you are playing, like any emulator does when playing a ROM and sending controller commands to the game.

Wii games are alone when being launched, no more loader are in memory to intercept or interpret any controller commands.
I have always wanted such a feature to allow the use of different controllers with Wii games, much similar to Nintendont, especially with games that use the Wiimote sideways as a classic controller, those wouldn't be too difficult to emulate in most games and Dolphin is a good proof of that, also games that support GC controllers theoretically should be easy to emulate and add support for different controllers, I know this will never happen but one can dream.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
r1254 is available with new nintendont settings and moved video scale/offset to individual settings as requested.
I didn't do a lot of tests, I hope all is working.

It will be the last commit with actual changes. The next commits will be to close googlecode and use sourceforge officially.
I already placed a message on googlecode, all should be done this week.

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan, nice to see you back :)

Now, for those asking about WiiU Pro Controller on Wii games, this is what tueidj wrote on gcforever:

It's possible but I think it would be a bit awkward to squeeze a patch in for... If someone else wanted to do it, they'd have to do this:
- Identify the controller as a wiiu pro before the game attempts to read any data from the "wiimote". Either read and check the extension id (wiiu pro last byte == 0x20) or check the controller's bluetooth name (which is something like "Nintendo RVL-CNT-UC-01"). If an attempt to read data from the wiimote's memory is performed on a wiiu pro, it will disconnect (only the extension memory is available).
- Use one of the "long" extension data reporting modes, like mode 0x34 - the wiiu pro needs to report more than 6 bytes to send all the data.
- Process the "long" data reports to make the input data look like a classic controller. The four stick axes come first (four little-endian 16-bit words), reduce their precision to match the crappy classic controller (6 bits for left stick, 5 for right) followed by the buttons, which match the classic controller's button reports except for the addition of L3, R3 and the charging/fully charged flags which can all be ignored.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that would be a lot of work to create a patch (ocarina patch, not a setting or a homebrew library or loader's update), to intercept game's function reading the wiimote states. and I don't know if the same patch would work with all games or if one per game would be needed.
Possible yes. Probably like patches used to redirect wiimote to classic controller (Kirby game).
Easy and someone will do it? I don't know. it will probably require ASM knowledge.

Please, stop asking that as a request or suggestion to add to the loader. I know you dream about this feature but I will not (and can't) do it.
if such a patch already exist I can add it, but I can't create it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Let me know if the new nintendont settings are working.
let me know if old version of nintendont broke (I tested only with 3.370, but I try to keep all previous version compatible too and 3.320 must work with autoboot, 3.350 too, etc.)

edit:
For users reporting banners download not working :
Did you try downloading them alone? boot the loader -> download the banners
It seems the new http code has issue with how long the network can stay alive. so if you start downloading something else (covers, nintendont, language files, etc.) it stop working after a few seconds.

edit:
I think I fixed the download issue.

Reactions: Troopage

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
like I explained previously, it's not easy to do an option for wii games. (I don't remember why lol, but when I thought about it, it had few things to consider).

Nintendont works and will have less and less updates required, leaving me more time to work on other features.

For next revision (1255):
- I removed standby option on WiiU
- Fixed download issue
- updated update URL to sourceforge.

note : I feared sourceforge will have issue, as you can see meta.xml can't be downloaded... (or is it a firefox issue?)
But it seems to download fine from the loader.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
that would be a lot of work to create a patch (ocarina patch, not a setting or a homebrew library or loader's update), to intercept game's function reading the wiimote states. and I don't know if the same patch would work with all games or if one per game would be needed.
Possible yes. Probably like patches used to redirect wiimote to classic controller (Kirby game).
Easy and someone will do it? I don't know. it will probably require ASM knowledge.

Please, stop asking that as a request or suggestion to add to the loader. I know you dream about this feature but I will not (and can't) do it.
if such a patch already exist I can add it, but I can't create it.
I wasn't asking you to implement it, I said it's just a dream of mine that I'm sure nobody will bother doing.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it wasn't directed to you, it's just not the first time someone request it and with tueidj's quote people could start to hope to get that feature.
But it's not something that the loader can do.

Troopage tested the "banner download fix" but it seems it didn't work.
Can someone else confirm please? someone had the banner download issue too?

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have homebrew installed on my Wii and am using IOS58, nintendont loader, NES, SNES, N64, etc emulators. I am attempting to figure out what is needed to install the latest USB Loader GX. I see there is a link to the installer in the first post. http://usbloader-gui.googlecode.com/files/USBLoaderGX_Installer_v1.8.exe

If i were to run this and install the files on my SD card, would that be all I have to do or should I download the all in one package? The first post states that "Works with AHB access and IOS58. No cIOS required to use the loader and launch GameCube or channels". Does this include launching Wii game backups and how do I get AHB access?

Sorry, just taking a look into this and there are a few things I am trying to figure out.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey quick question about update's when i try to update the nintendon't it's still the same version? what should i do about that?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hey quick question about update's when i try to update the nintendon't it's still the same version? what should i do about that?
Which version of the loader are you using?
Nintendont changed the host from googlecode to github. If you still use an old version of USBLoaderGX with the old googlecode URL then it will always link to 3.303.
To get the new nintendont versions, you need to update the loader (link in my signature) which contains the new URL to github.

It's currently only a manual update, but I will release this revision into the internal update menu this week.

@ngs428:
if you don't install cIOS files, then like it's explained in what you quoted : "only gamecube and channels (virtual console/WiiWare)".
If you want to play Wii games from USB, then you need to install a custom IOS.

Most guides to softmod the Wii (or WiiU) has steps to install cIOS too, so if you have homebrew there's a lot of chance you also have cIOS.
You need a custom IOS installed in your slot249.
slot 249 : cIOS d2x v8 base56

To install the loader, you can use the windows installer. it will install the latest "stable" version to your SD or USB. You don't need the "all in one package" which is older.
But I recommend instead to download the file in my signature (which is revision 1254 today) and extract it to your SD card.
then launch the homebrew from the homebrew channel.

info: AHB access is granted to all homebrew by The homebrew Channel 1.0.7 or newer.
it provides access to hardware (SD, USB, NAND, Disc, etc.) without the use of a custom IOS. (so IOS58 is enough for Gamecube, Channels, Homebrew, etc.)
but it can't redirect Wii game disc loading to USB, you still need a cIOS for that.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've been bothered since last summer because the banner mode doesn't feature the Favourites stars, and I think it is a really useful feature, but it is somewhat tedious to enter the config menu to set the favorite level. I don't really use the level itself for order, but mark the games so the ones I'm playing show in the favorites page.

I had the time, so I made a patch to show the stars at banner mode:
IMG_20150813_153958_1.jpg
Big: http://s3.postimg.org/7y4o7gkzn/IMG_20150813_153958_1.jpg

In the patch attached there's also (commented) the code to display it like this (I think the previous one is better):
IMG_20150813_WA0007.jpg
Big: http://s3.postimg.org/7y4o7gkzn/IMG_20150813_153958_1.jpg

I know not everyone would like it, but I'm sure it would be really easy to add a configuration option to toogle it, or even toogle the different styles for the favorites star position. I haven't look into how usbloadergx configuration works, so I didn't do it because it may take me hours, whilst the developer might only need ten minutes to add a new configuration option.

I really hope this can be added.

Attachments

• Favorites_r1254.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 92

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
like I explained previously, it's not easy to do an option for wii games. (I don't remember why lol, but when I thought about it, it had few things to consider)
Under Feature Settings there's an option called Wii
U Widescreen, it turns the screen to 4:3 (it even translate to the Wii game, not only ULGX) without having to touch your TV settings, that's what I said would be a great improvement if this same feature is done individually per game.

So the code is already there :P

Last edited by OriginalHamster,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the code is not fully there.
I don't remember which was the issue, but it's easy to go back in the thread and search the reason.
I remember there were something which was hard to do (or to choose how to do it).

Someone has the banner download issue? I need it to be tested before saturday this week.

Chris10237

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed USB Loader GX a week ago, but now when I load it I get "DSI Exception Occurred" with a bunch of numbers. Everywhere I look I can't understand the instructions. How can a newbie like me fix this error?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, iirc she said she is non binary