Hacking USB Loader GX Stuck on Init USB Device

Hakamdeebad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before anyone gets angry that I started another thread about this, yes, I have tried setting the iOS to 58, both in meta.xml and in the loader itself. Have tried doing it in just meta.xml and not loader, and vice versa as well. Nothing. I have a Wii U on 5.5.1 with CBHC and vWii hacked through Wuphax. 1268 GX Loader installed. Wii U USB HDD (1TB WD My Passport Ultra) with Wii U and some Wii VC games on it and UStealth vWii USB HDD (1TB WD My Passport) with Wii and Gamecube games on it. Tried the 1269 mod, but that gets stuck on "reinit devices." I load GX through the Wii U USB Loader GX channel forwarder installed through WUP Installer GX2.

Pretty sure my main issue is GX Loader as the HDD is not old at all, and is detected right away in Nintendont (latest version) with no problems loading GC games or anything, even with my Wii U HDD plugged in.

GX gets stuck on init USB device, but if I unplug the HDD once I get into vWii mode, then plug it back in, it works just fine. The games load and work and no problems occur as far as my testing has revealed. It's currently set on 249, because if I set it to 58, it freezes on init USB device, and if I do the unplug then replug trick, it goes to reinit devices, patches 58, but then says USB device is not init which results in it being in channel list mode.

Any help would be appreciated it, thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
how do you launch the loader?
forwarder ? are you sure you have 5.1 fix and not the "old" 5.1 which were in fact 2.0 ?
HBC ? which version ? (official or open source?)
from vWii from Boot, vWii from wiiu menu, from hbl2hbc mod to UNEO, from WiiVC forwarder to UNEO, from WiiVC forwarder to dol on SD? so many methods to launch a homebrew nowawdays.
your hdd doesn't have sleep mode too short and the drive goes to sleep while booting vwii ?
your hdd has yCable?

if nintendont works, it means IOS58 is the way to go. nintendont uses IOS58.

I'll make a second mod (1269 mod2) with a different booting method. no idea when. just keep looking at USBGX thread and activity to see when it's released.
until then, use Wiiflow, maybe?

Last edited by Cyan,

Hakamdeebad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you launch the loader?
forwarder ? are you sure you have 5.1 fix and not the "old" 5.1 which were in fact 2.0 ?
HBC ? which version ? (official or open source?)
from vWii from Boot, vWii from wiiu menu, from hbl2hbc mod to UNEO, from WiiVC forwarder to UNEO, from WiiVC forwarder to dol on SD? so many methods to launch a homebrew nowawdays.
your hdd doesn't have sleep mode too short and the drive goes to sleep while booting vwii ?
your hdd has yCable?

if nintendont works, it means IOS58 is the way to go. nintendont uses IOS58.

I'll make a second mod (1269 mod2) with a different booting method. no idea when. just keep looking at USBGX thread and activity to see when it's released.
until then, use Wiiflow, maybe?

I use a forwarder installed on Wii U Sysnand from this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-forwarder-channel-for-wii-u-menu.482595/
I don't know what the 5.1 fix is nor do I know about the HBC stuff.
I did run some tests such as vWii from Boot, vWii from Wii U menu, did the hbl2hbc thing and from there, just pick GX, did not do the WiiVC stuff. Did the CBHC boots such as CBHC to vWii and CBHC to HBC and load GX. All yielded the same results.
I turned the HDD sleep mode off in the Wii u settings, as for the actual setting on my HDD, I believe it's permanent and I can't change it. Neither my HDDs are Y-cable.

Nintendont does work and detect my HDD with no problems and games run with no problems.

Okay cool! Let me know if you need guinea pig to test it out. I don't know which Wiiflow to use for vWii or if there are any installable forwarders that can be done through Wup installer. Regardless, GX still is waifu over Wiiflow lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!