OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arlisbloxer005.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but recently it seems like USB Loader GX (version 3.0 r1227 for inquiring minds) is downloading blank cheat files.

Well, I shouldn't say they're ENTIRELY blank. The code entries are there but they're missing the actual code part. Here's an example.

1659209235556.png

Now of course I should mention I'm not editing these files at all, they are genuinely being downloaded like this straight from the app. But the thing is that I know it wasn't doing this 3 months ago. Did something change on gamehacking.org's end to cause this?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The server changed end 2020. And you using old gx loader version. 1272 is mostly used atm, especially the mod v7.

But dont know the actual status for sure, if everything is implemented actually. Else they need downloaded manually and insert.
German site about geckocodes

Arlisbloxer05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
The server changed end 2020. And you using old gx loader version. 1272 is mostly used atm, especially the mod v7.

But dont know the actual status for sure, if everything is implemented actually. Else they need downloaded manually and insert.
German site about geckocodes
I know that the server changed, which is why i said gamehacking and not geckocodes. Also, I am using 1272, I'm not sure why you're saying this as if I'm not.

Also, I don't read or speak german, sorry.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because you write version 3.0 r1227
I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but recently it seems like USB Loader GX (version 3.0 r1227 for inquiring minds) is downloading blank cheat files.

The german site is just for information and google translate does its job. There is also another site mentioned https://codes.rc24.xyz where you can get the codes and there is a way to download them all manually at once.

But the easy solution is: There dont exist cheats for the desired game like "Sonic Games Collection". Not for every game exit cheat-files.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Arlisbloxer05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
Because you write version 3.0 r1227

The german site is just for information and google translate does its job. There is also another site mentioned https://codes.rc24.xyz where you can get the codes and there is a way to download them all manually at once.

But the easy solution is: There dont exist cheats for the desired game like "Sonic Games Collection". Not for every game exit cheat-files.
okay obviously that was an oversight on my part, also you're very much wrong on that part about codes not existing because if there weren't any, USB Loader GX would say so and it wouldn't make the txt file. Not only that, but there are codes for that game in particular over on gamehacking.org. I'll even provide a link just to prove said point. https://gamehacking.org/game/54779

Also just to clear things up, codes.rc24 is just a 1:1 copy of the most recent copy of geckocodes.org from the internet archive, which is SEVERELY outdated by 2 years.

Look, I'm sorry to say this but you're really not helping me figure out why USB Loader GX isn't completely downloading code files.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The issue is with the cheats file and not the loader. I guess it's either a bad backup or a bad import from gamehacking.org.

https://codes.rc24.xyz/txt.php?txt=G2XE8P

I can't find a valid backup, so you could try converting the codes from gamehacking.org

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Arlisbloxer05 To clear things up. codes.rc24 is a temporary copy of geckocodes, do you really think in the last years, in a end of life period of consoles will come a new big bunch of gecko codes for GC and Wii?

BTW information wich Console we are talking about the Code should be would also very nice.
And if u check your provided link, there are only codes listet as "ARM Max" not gecko. And Ocarina needs gecko codes.
And as last, as i sayed. Download all existing geckocodes. So you dont need to mess arlund with the download. All Wii geckocodes for example have a size together of 2,2 MB.
Look, I'm sorry to say this but you're really not helping me figure out why USB Loader GX isn't completely downloading code files.
Enjoy, your welcom.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Also just to clear things up, codes.rc24 is just a 1:1 copy of the most recent copy of geckocodes.org from the internet archive, which is SEVERELY outdated by 2 years.
This isn't true, @Larsenv has written a script that retrieves updates from gamehacking.org, so the rc24 site is still getting updates, albeit they're probably infrequent

@Larsenv, if u have a minute can u check the blank code in question? And maybe clarify my explanation above if I missed anything? Thx!

Reactions: Sypherone

Arlisbloxer05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
bit of an update on this, turns out it wasn't just Sonic Gems that was affected, it was a whole whack of other games. Metroid Prime, Yugioh Falsebound Kingdom, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, just to name a few.

@Larsenv Here's a full list of games from my library I've found to have code files that are either fully blank or incomplete along with their respective game IDs if that helps.

Attachments

• GameList.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: ber71

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
bit of an update on this, turns out it wasn't just Sonic Gems that was affected, it was a whole whack of other games. Metroid Prime, Yugioh Falsebound Kingdom, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, just to name a few.

@Larsenv Here's a full list of games from my library I've found to have code files that are either fully blank or incomplete along with their respective game IDs if that helps.

Thanks for the list. I will have to look into it.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
I implemented a fix in the code and I think it will fix the problem. Please try downloading codes again.

It seems double posts don't get merged anymore? This is a triple post but I'm not sure if it's against the rules.

Reactions: ber71 and XFlak

Arlisbloxer05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Canada
I implemented a fix in the code and I think it will fix the problem. Please try downloading codes again.

It seems double posts don't get merged anymore? This is a triple post but I'm not sure if it's against the rules.
good news! it's definitely fixed but ironically enough it seems that the codes aren't in wiird format, just standard GC action replay format

Last edited by Arlisbloxer05,

Sinrion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

It seems to be broken (again..?) for my USB Loader GX (3.0 r1227 Mod7 and Wiiflow Lite v5.5.3), it works flawlessly with Wii Games, but when I try to download a GameCube game it doesn't download anything on USB Loader GX (No Cheat File Found) or gives me a Blank Cheat File on Wiiflow Lite.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be broken (again..?) for my USB Loader GX (3.0 r1227 Mod7 and Wiiflow Lite v5.5.3), it works flawlessly with Wii Games, but when I try to download a GameCube game it doesn't download anything on USB Loader GX (No Cheat File Found) or gives me a Blank Cheat File on Wiiflow Lite.
Which game? Does it do that for all games?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Resident Evil 2, 3 & 4 all have valid cheats, so I'd assume maybe it's a specific game? Although at the time of writing this the websites putting a 504 error into cheats for Sonic Gems Collection.

https://codes.rc24.xyz/txt.php?txt=G2XE8P

Would it be possible for you to set HTTP status codes when there's issues? I swear the website used to do it, but because it doesn't do that anymore it causes some minor issues. For example, if cheats for a game don't exist then WiiFlow will now tell people that the download failed instead of telling them that cheats don't exist because you're returning status code 200 instead of 404.

Last edited by blackb0x,

Sinrion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've tested for GC these (all PAL):

Mega Man X Command Mission
Metroid Prime
Mario Party (all of em)
Viewtiful Joe

I've started with MMXCM, noticed that and tested some other Games near it in my library first, as you can see. All did the same.

After that I've tested 3 Wii Games, but these worked flawlessly.

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've tested for GC these (all PAL):

Mega Man X Command Mission
Metroid Prime
Mario Party (all of em)
Viewtiful Joe
There are cheats for NTSC copies of Metroid Prime and Mario Party 6, but there's nothing for any of them PAL games.

Because the websites returning HTTP status code 200 even when cheats don't exist for a game it might result in the issues you're seeing.

Sinrion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But there is cheats for them under on Gamehacking

Metroid Prime GM8P01 and and Mario Party 6 GP6P01 both have cheats listed there (I yet have to see a Game there of the popular ones that doesn't even has JP Cheats)

Unless I'm missing something here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_sJ79aDQTeQ?si=dCPYbyGhZ8OFK8nb