Hacking USB Loader GUI-FX

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks very nice!! You could consider showing the title of the game centered at the bottom? But that's a personal preference perhaps
smile.gif
(tho handy if a game doesn't have a cover)

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would be fine even if the image didnt get bigger with mouseover.... or maybe make it just a little bit bigger then the original. Then the transition wouldnt be as big and it wouldnt be so choppy like prevously said since its not being zoomed.

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
maddoc said:
Not yet.

It boots games and shows covers. nothing more/less yet.

Here is the alpha1 version for testing purposes.
It is safe as deleting/adding games is not implemented.

Just point and push A (home to exit to loader).
+ / - to change pages.

Contents of SDroot folder in the archive is to be extracted to SD root.

Have fun with it and hope to get feedback!

alpha1 - http://ul.to/jjx4cj

No source code?

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ThaDraGun said:
It would be fine even if the image didnt get bigger with mouseover.... or maybe make it just a little bit bigger then the original. Then the transition wouldnt be as big and it wouldnt be so choppy like prevously said since its not being zoomed.

@maddoc: "ThaDraGun --> ...if the image didnt get bigger with mouseover.... " . I second that!! Maddoc, Just make it a little Magnet effect for covers when cursor over.

And then, just an idea: why not to flip into an ITunes presentation of the covers when we clic (through the star cursor) over the "magneted" cover
rolleyes.gif

I suggest that because it's already done and tested by AppleBelly & Cdreams ---> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147459&st=165

Thanks dude for the magic function of GGRLIB (lest's sprite it all^^)

ulysse57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I find your project very interesting.

Even if loaders with a simple list of the titles and the cover of the selected game are very good, I would prefer one with only graphical covers.

In addition, the selection with the wiimote is really good.

But, why did you limit to 6 covers ? Is it impossible to put 3 rows of 4 games ?

Another very interesting issue could be to have a "favorite list" for children for example. The first diplayed screen would be this favorite list if it was created.

ulysse57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I find your project very interesting.

Even if loaders with a simple list of the titles and the cover of the selected game are very good, I would prefer one with only graphical covers.

In addition, the selection with the wiimote is really good.

But, why did you limit to 6 covers ? Is it impossible to put 3 rows of 4 games ?

Another very interesting issue could be to have a "favorite list" for children for example. The first diplayed screen would be this favorite list if it was created.

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@Blue key: did you get that alpha version working ?? Cause i had blackscreen and have to shut down mii wii! And what to do with the file "copertini" inside the archive, to put it somewhere?

tks m8

FoxForceFive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I cant get the alpha to work either, I simply get the loader screen (1.2) & a black line at the bottom, no response to any buttons at all & no games listed. The official v1.1 dol is installed & working fine.

ast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is definitely a step in the right direction, thank you for your effort! I am no fan of those "pseudo GUI wrapped around console output" efforts, your GUI looks way better! However, I do have some suggestions:

- Please add a scrolling through games via buttons function, I don't like using pointer support in menus at all. I have to point and waggle in games enough ;-)
- Scrolling through menus in a "Apple Cover Flow" way would be great, although this dynamical resizing thing would be hard to implement

And one last question: I the size restriction (1px less than usual) a final decission or just some alpha issue?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

regards

maddoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Size restriction is due to Nintendo 3D hardware, textures have to be multiple of 4, hence 224 and not 225.
suggestions noted.

atupac

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
FoxForceFive said:
I cant get the alpha to work either, I simply get the loader screen (1.2) & a black line at the bottom, no response to any buttons at all & no games listed. The official v1.1 dol is installed & working fine.

@FoxForceFive: gotit working! just forgot toadd the "capertini" file that was in the archive... Well but i dont like the auto-zoom which shows less definition covers.

maddoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version added.
http://ul.to/cuu8px

GUI performs as in this video:

Remember, covers go in folder SD:\coperti\
coversize is 160x224 due to wii graphic processor
Use the covers from alpha1 package.

If you use the usual 160x225 covers, the loader will not work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh