Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
maddoc said:
Not using libwiigui but dragging images is not possible (loading times from SD), it will be hard to drag images in libwiigui too if not straight impossible.
sorry i was looking into the wrong thread. there are two libwiigui project and mixed your up with one of those.

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really like this loaders design. Nice big box art. Keep it up. Looks better than the Coverflow versions I have seen out there, in my opinion.

Curious though... is there a way to display a text list too? Like hit 1 for Text Display or hit 2 for Box Art Display? That would be great.

Also... is this based on 1.4 or does it have Force NTSC?

maddoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screemer said:
maddoc said:
Not using libwiigui but dragging images is not possible (loading times from SD), it will be hard to drag images in libwiigui too if not straight impossible.
sorry i was looking into the wrong thread. there are two libwiigui project and mixed your up with one of those.

No problemo!

ulysse57 said:
It could be nice to add your loader in this page:

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Loader_releases

Will look into it, thanks for mentioning.

QUOTE(moviecouple @ Apr 14 2009, 06:45 PM)
Curious though... is there a way to display a text list too? Like hit 1 for Text Display or hit 2 for Box Art Display? That would be great.

Also... is this based on 1.4 or does it have Force NTSC?

There is a possibility to add text list, will consider.
The list of features is in the first post.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i really like your work and i am looking forward for your collaboration with the coverflow creator.

one thing i wanted to mention is that i like like the site transition in your first version better. i liked the slide effect better than the fade.

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a text and cover listing would be great. People that want to go through a list of 200 or so games can do it quickly though Text... or for a more visual delight can go through Box art.

Think it would add something that I haven't seen really implemented yet and correctly.

ulysse57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maddoc said:
I will try to move covers a little if needed.

Thanks if you can do this working in 16:9. It seems to be a "hard' job. I follow also the ultimate usb loader and they are introducing it.

Do you think that it is possible to display 12 (3 rows and 4 columns) of covers with the technique you use in your usb loader ?

I ask this because to scroll among games with only 6 covers it can be long but with 12 it is usable. Covers would be around 100x140 (that are multiple of 4 ...
wink.gif
), it is little but I think that it is readable. And with the zoom you have, it would be nice.

In addition with the scroll bar it would be easy to reach the right page.

What do you think about that ?

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think 6 covers on it is perfect. Nice and large sized covers. Easy to read and see all the art and detail. Adding more to the screen is going to drastically altered the readability. It scrolls nice and fast too. Maybe 9 might work, but might bee too small at that point. This has been an issue with some of the Coverflow versions out there. Main image is nice and big, but the ones on the left and right are too small. You can barely make out words... just vague images.

I would like to see 16x9 added though. Onl my 65" Widescreen... the tops/bottoms and outer sides are cut off a bit.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hibern, the creator of the coverflow menu, implemented a second thread for loading pictures in the background. he said performance improved enormously and it's quiet stable.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably impossible, but any way so that when you have a game highlighted, you can press, say, 'B' and it flips and shows the back as well? (Yes, I know: we'd need to track down all the back covers
sleep.gif
) I think it'd be neat and separate this one a bit more from the pack
smile.gif

maddoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ulysse57 said:
maddoc said:
I will try to move covers a little if needed.

Thanks if you can do this working in 16:9. It seems to be a "hard' job. I follow also the ultimate usb loader and they are introducing it.

Do you think that it is possible to display 12 (3 rows and 4 columns) of covers with the technique you use in your usb loader ?

I ask this because to scroll among games with only 6 covers it can be long but with 12 it is usable. Covers would be around 100x140 (that are multiple of 4 ...
wink.gif
), it is little but I think that it is readable. And with the zoom you have, it would be nice.

In addition with the scroll bar it would be easy to reach the right page.

What do you think about that ?

6 is the current limit of usability. SD loading speed is too d*mn small. If I can implement a thread to load them in the background then more than 6/page will become a reality.

Actually zooming in and out on a page will be possible, from 3 covers to even 24
wink.gif

Screemer said:
hibern, the creator of the coverflow menu, implemented a second thread for loading pictures in the background. he said performance improved enormously and it's quiet stable.

I'll try to do that too. With 6 covers this loader works fine, adding a zoom out to display more covers will be possible only by implementing a second thread.

QUOTE(Ergo @ Apr 15 2009, 11:33 AM)
This is probably impossible, but any way so that when you have a game highlighted, you can press, say, 'B' and it flips and shows the back as well? (Yes, I know: we'd need to track down all the back covers
sleep.gif
) I think it'd be neat and separate this one a bit more from the pack
smile.gif

Not impossible but if i implement it then the hunt for back covers should begin.
Stay tuned!

Right now, in the testing phase, the loader has B button implemented to display the selected cover surrounded by details. game ID, game size, free space, used space and total space. Game title included
wink.gif

I could add there the back of the cover.

If it is stable i will launch it soon.

PS: I'll try to implement automatic cover download and program update so that you can follow it more easy.

ulysse57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maddoc said:
6 is the current limit of usability. SD loading speed is too d*mn small. If I can implement a thread to load them in the background then more than 6/page will become a reality.

Actually zooming in and out on a page will be possible, from 3 covers to even 24
wink.gif
Ok I understand better now the limit of the SD.

But it would be perhaps possible ... very good.

I have had a look to the coverflow loader: it is very nice and interaction is very intuitive. But for a big amount of games, I would prefer a more static layout as yours. I prefer to have many covers with the same visibility than only one on the middle and less visible ones around.

One thing to be careful is to have a good interaction technique to navigate through pages. To avoid to have to press 30 times the + button for example.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what would be extremely cool would be a feature like the 'drag and slide'. i don't know how else i could call it. i mean you grab with the b button somewhere on the screen an move the pointer and release the b button. the result would be that the displayed part would move just like when you drag and throw the globe in google earth.

maddoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ulysse57 said:
One thing to be careful is to have a good interaction technique to navigate through pages. To avoid to have to press 30 times the + button for example.

I know... testing here with > 160 covers...

QUOTE(Screemer @ Apr 15 2009, 04:44 PM) what would be extremely cool would be a feature like the 'drag and slide'. i don't know how else i could call it. i mean you grab with the b button somewhere on the screen an move the pointer and release the b button. the result would be that the displayed part would move just like when you drag and throw the globe in google earth.

That could be implemented IF loading time would be faster.

15-04 New version!
Just the HBC app:
GUI-FX alpha3

Current features:

- independent GUI for starting USB HDD games
- displays gamelist and allows browsing your collection
- starts games by pressing A and pointin at a game cover
- show info screen when pressing B and pointing at a game cover (B again to return or A to start game).
- Home return to HBC
- (+) and (-) navigate through pages
- for now video mode is system's default so using a component cable will allow you to play all games at 480p

I know that the info page has a really ugly font! I will be changed. You can do it even yourself, fonts are in SD:\coperti too.

Info:
Covers go in folder SD:\coperti\
coversize is 160x224 due to wii graphic processor
Use the covers from the below posted download links.
If you use the usual 160x225 covers, the loader will not work!

You can change the empty mario cover to your liking, it's called "gol.png".
You can change the star cursor to your liking, it's called "cursor.png"

Latest cover packs:

1257-Wii-Covers-all-regions.rar - 84.45 MB - http://ul.to/63lgh1

507-PAL.rar - 33.91 MB - http://ul.to/k53wy2
489-USA.rar - 33.21 MB - http://ul.to/5xbdje
233-JAP.rar - 15.59 MB - http://ul.to/yrqr7v
28-OtherRegions.rar - 1.74 MB - http://ul.to/ty5jq1

ulysse57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just tested the alpha 3 version and no problem with it.

I test with around 50 games (I don't remember
wink.gif
).

One bad thing is that on the last page you always put 6 covers even if you don't have 6 covers to display. So after the last cover, we have several mario ...

The info page of a game would be interesting to put per game settings or to modify settings before to load it.

To ease navigation, one way could be to display one rectangle per page (for example at bottom). The displayed page would be indicated by a different color. Rectangles could be selected by the wiimote (for example B) and when the cursor is on a rectangle without pressing B, the list of the six games could be printed in a "popup" window to help user to select the right page.

Of course I think there are many other options but it is a first attempt.

talflanzman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Can someone uploaf the Alpha3 version to another server.
I cant seem to download it.
I get a site error once o press the download button.

maddoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valguerra said:
Will it still have the functions to upload games to the hard drive?

no, I'm not planning to add those functions.

giantpune said:
QUOTE(maddoc @ Apr 15 2009, 04:24 PM) 15-04 New version!
Just the HBC app:
GUI-FX alpha3
It doesn't load for me. It immediately code dumps. I have the latest cios and I can run my other GUI loader fine. All images are the right size, and in the right folder.

Make sure to extract the archive contents to the root of the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on