Homebrew USB gamepad on Wii

BiPoLaR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just curious if it would be possible for me to use my logitech usb gamepad (psx style) to play emulators on the wii?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can't you try it?
unsure.gif

BiPoLaR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Can't you try it?
unsure.gif

very lazy right now... the idea just popped in my head. my games are all on my usb hard drive, and that's on 2.0 slot right? I know i could put some on sd to try it out.. but like i said... LAZY... had some dental work done today.. morphine... enough said.

ps wouldn't that have to be coded in the emulator?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
device drivers come with products for a reason..

how do u suppose they would work on the wii

BiPoLaR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
device drivers come with products for a reason..

how do u suppose they would work on the wii

that's my question. is it possible? could someone make a driver for the wii, or could you code it into the emulator? If someone could figure out how to use a ps3 gamepad on windows I figured it may be possible.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm..... maybe I should try copying Sims 3 over to my external hard drive and plugging that into the Wii - maybe it'll work!!
(sorry lol!!)
It's just not that simple I'm afraid..... getting a PS3 pad to work on a PC is one thing, but it's a completely different story regarding the Wii.... nice thought, but like has been said, stick with a classic controller (they're great anyway!)

BiPoLaR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe I should try plugging my disk into your moms slot?? lol jk. I know it's not simple, that why I asked if it was even possible. I should probably invest in a classic controller... i'm a cheap bastard. do cube controllers work?

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
Gamecube controllers work with every emulator I have tried, and all VC games that need the classic controller too. I much prefer the Gamecube controller to the Classic controller, but it is, of course, personal prefernce.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's possible to use a USB pad.
Easy, no.
But possible.

What you'd have to do would be essentially write a driver for that gamepad and embed it into the IOS that the homebrew uses, and then use the homebrew to call on it.
That or else you could try replace the Classic Controller or whatever with your USB gamepad.

It's do-able, but in no way is it easy or sane.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?