andres145

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi

I've accidentally broken my USB stick while moving my wii u to another house (I left it connected to it). I would like to know if I downloaded the same wii games that I had in my USB how would I be able to get my progress back where I left from last time I played, can I use any if the wii saves stored in my vwii mode, please help.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi

I've accidentally broken my USB stick while moving my wii u to another house (I left it connected to it). I would like to know if I downloaded the same wii games that I had in my USB how would I be able to get my progress back where I left from last time I played, can I use any if the wii saves stored in my vwii mode, please help.
Yes, the saves are in the internal memory of the console :)

T-Law

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to do nothing, it's just as he said, the saves are stored in the system memory.
So whatever you use (a disc, usb with whatever usb loader) you will get your save as long as you play the same game and the same region

andres145

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
you need to do nothing, it's just as he said, the saves are stored in the system memory.
So whatever you use (a disc, usb with whatever usb loader) you will get your save as long as you play the same game and the same region
Can I convert the save so it works in the same region like NTSC?

T-Law

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you mean you have a PAL game save and you want to convert that into an NTSC save file?
if that's the case, then I don't know if it's possible.

if you have a backup of the game .wbfs or .iso or whatever format you use, then just put it in a new HDD. If you don't, and you will go download them as you said, then make sure you download the same region you had before.

andres145

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
you mean you have a PAL game save and you want to convert that into an NTSC save file?
if that's the case, then I don't know if it's possible.

if you have a backup of the game .wbfs or .iso or whatever format you use, then just put it in a new HDD. If you don't, and you will go download them as you said, then make sure you download the same region you had before.
Ok what about If I use wii save manager gx to convert it?

T-Law

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does save manager gx support that? it's a tool for copying save files as far as I am concerned.

andres145

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
does save manager gx support that? it's a tool for copying save files as far as I am concerned.
Ok, I just realized the save file I want to convert is non-movable as the game where the game comes from is wfc, do you know of any home brew app I can use to copy non-movable wii game save files?

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I just realized the save file I want to convert is non-movable as the game where the game comes from is wfc, do you know of any home brew app I can use to copy non-movable wii game save files?
google. jesus all your porblems can be solved by simple searches. but ill give you this last one, priiloader.

andres145

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
google. jesus all your porblems can be solved by simple searches. but ill give you this last one, priiloader.
Actually I found the solution. I'm going to use save game manager gx as it can extract or copy wii game saves which are protected, ill need to create another save file in the game though before I can restore the save file where I have the progress I left of last time

Last edited by andres145,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it