Hacking USA games on JAP WII U

oOshi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I am trying to run PIKMIN3 (USA) and Starfox Zero on a Japanese Wii U running CBHC and spiik but the games either loads in Japanese freezes on the loading screen.

The issue is know for other games but none of the solutions work for pikmin and starfox zero: (Sorry can't post links yet)
- github - marco-calautti - spiik - issue 4
- gbatemp threads: just-sharing-japan-wii-u-play-other-region-game-english-for-newbie-only.545724

This issue has been reported a couple of times but for other games
Here is what I tried:
- Download PIKMIN3 USA with Wii U USB Helper v0.6.1.616
- Install game with WUP installer GX2
- spiik: USA - English

Result: Game loads in Japanese

Same procedure with Starfox Zero but the game freezes on the load screen.

It looks like the problem is that the game is still trying to load data from the Japanese language so for starfox I tried to:

- unpack the USA game with Wii U USB helper.
- create a folder "Japanese" in the content/stream folder add to it the files from content/stream/USA(English)
- repack the game with NUS Packer using default parameters (java -jar nuspacker.jar -in starfox -out starfox_jp)

When I install the game with WUP installer I get the following error message: "Verify WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-Shop require Sig Patch".

Can someone help me figuring out how to get Starfox zero or Pikmin3 to work in english on the Japanese Wii U?
I think the repacking strategy is a good way to go but I am probably doing something wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...