Is it possible to apply Spiik English Patches to Disk?

Jediweirdo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so there's someone I'm trying to help who has an English Wii U, and they're trying to play a Japanese disc. Thanks to region-free hacks, they can load them on their Wii U, but the main problem is that the Japanese disks play in... Japanese. I know Spiik can force English for out-of-region installed games, but is there a way to apply spiik to disk as well? I think the Japanese disk games they have is Super Mario Maker and DK Tropical freeze

Jediweirdo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already aware of the fact that you can "illegally" get a copy of the games viz nusspli or dump the game using dumpling/disc2app (so it works with spiik), but I'm curious if there's a way to not bother with that and be able to force an English patch for disc games instead of just installed ones. What's so different between the 2?

Jediweirdo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not the one with the problem-- someone else is and I already told them how to fix it. I'm not really asking for help more than I'm asking how plausible something is to do. The question is not from necessity, but rather curiosity

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, if you or whoever really want to jump through the hoops. In theory, you'll want to rip out the English texts for those games then set it up so it'll worlk with sdcafiine. Then stop using spiik because holy crap, why even use it when you have Aroma? Then pop in the disc with sdcafiine plug-in enable. I don't even know if this will work because why would anyone even do this in the first place. It's a a fool's errand anyway.

For the legality side, you or whoever alrady have the physical copies. So what if you decide to dl a digital copies too? Don't answer that, rhetorical question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto