• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

USA: are you better off than a year ago?

As a US citizen, are you better off than a year ago?

• Yes (explain why)

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • No (explain why)

Votes: 20 18.3%
  • Not better, not worse (explain why)

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • I'm not a US citizen but I want to vote in the poll anyway

Votes: 46 42.2%

• Total voters

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hell no, we don't need another celebrity, didn't you read what I said? We need someone who can actually show they care about the issues, she only says she does things just go get more money and more viewers for her shows. All she cares about is lining her pockets with gold and being popular, and being popular is a reason for people to stroke their egos.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hell no, we don't need another celebrity, didn't you read what I said? We need someone who can actually show they care about the issues, she only says she does things just go get more money and more viewers for her shows. All she cares about is lining her pockets with gold and being popular, and being popular is a reason for people to stroke their egos.
michelle obama?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
*Sigh* Why? Does it have to be either one of them? As long as it isn't another Clinton, I'd be fine I guess. I thought Oprah was going to leave the US if Trump got elected :lol: So much for that XD
How many big name Hollywood stars gave such a hollow threat? Maybe some day people will grow up.. Not anytime soon. They're paid way too much to have a valid opinion.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many big name Hollywood stars gave such a hollow threat? Maybe some day people will grow up.. Not anytime soon. They're paid way too much to have a valid opinion.

It wouldn't be a bad thing for Hollywood to purge itself from the dregs of society. Celebrities are nothing but pompous, sanctimonious losers.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If there's one good thing about Trump, it makes our decision for Brexit not look so bad in comparison.

That reminds me.. What ever happened to Calexit? Oh, right.. California can't do a damn thing... zzzzz

Reactions: the_randomizer

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Reggie Fils-Aimé?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
We tried a celebrity as president, next we should try a meme. Ugandan Knuckles 2020!

a9znfyb0zeb01.jpg

D

Deleted User

Nothing has changed for me, was living my life just fine before Trump was in office and am still living completely unchanged with him as our President.

The only thing that's different is that most online communities have turned into obnoxious Trump-whining white knighters. Nothing but headlines about some completely insignificant thing Trump may or may not have said or done. His election really flipped the SJW far left switch on the Internet and its become almost unreadable for me.
Modern day politics are too much of a joke to take seriously anymore so I typically try to avoid them, just wanted to leave my 2 cents here

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nothing but headlines about some completely insignificant thing Trump may or may not have said or done.
Not much that the president says or does is insignificant. The US' credit rating in China took a hit simply because Trump is an international embarrassment. Words and actions have consequences for normal people, even more so for the executive branch of government.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.