Gaming Urgent, Television Card with Wii.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi guys,
I have 24 Inch LCD 1080P PC Screen, and a fucking 10 years old CRT TV. I've been dying to connect the PC to the screen. I now realized that I can connect the wii to my TV card connected on my PC, and run the Wii on Computer.
(The TV card includes AV inputs). I turned on the Wii while I was on the TV card player, and I saw the Wii in a really low quality, lower than in the old TV itself. the resolution was 640*480, and I couldn't put 480P, which I wanted so much.
Do you guys have any idea how to connect the Wii with a TV card to get a high quality? Or actually another way of connecting a Wii to a PC screen? (PC screen includes DVI, HDMI and VGA).
I know there's a cable of Vdigi, but so far I can't order it.
frown.gif

Any advices?

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't see why this would be urgent.

The reason why the Wii looks like it's "really low quality" on a TV card is because the resolution is stretched, therefore the fuzziness is more visible making you think it's low quality. If you connect your Wii up to your TV and look closely, you can still see that fuzziness too, it's just less noticeable.

Unfortunately, there's no way to improve the quality of the screen, if the Wii's a non-european model, then S-Video may be an option as the fuzziness is reduced considerably, otherwise the only way to get a better screen is to use component (5 plugs) which your TV-card lacks, as do your LCD screen I'm afraid.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Well, it's urgent due to something I'm about to buy in the next days that will MAYBE work, and I wanted to make sure I ain't going to buy something that I don't need, and already own.
Ahm, It is a PAL Wii, and the fuzziness I'm talking about is the sharpness, I tried to make the screen as sharp as possible, but it doesn't work.
Bad luck, my screen doesn't have a component plugs, means the only option would be the Vdigi cable.
Anyone has another options?

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Boolbla said:
and the fuzziness I'm talking about is the sharpness, I tried to make the screen as sharp as possible, but it doesn't work.

Yea, less fuzziness = more sharper picture. Increasing the sharpness offers little improvement if your connection is composite, if you use DScaler, then enabling Temporal Comb may help out.

The only options are probably the vdigi cable (component plugs required if you still want a sharp picture) or a combination of the Wii component plugs and some sort of Component to HDMI (or DVI) converter which doesn't come cheap I'm afraid.

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kyusuke said:
if you use DScaler, then enabling Temporal Comb may help out.

Wii component plugs and some sort of Component to HDMI (or DVI) converter which doesn't come cheap I'm afraid.

I was going to suggest the same things.

Either use DSCaler with the TV card or get a component to VGA converter.

Which reminds me to brag - I've been using a VGA to Component converter to get 480p from my Dreamcast for EIGHT years

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1