Uploaded.to blocks all US traffic in response to Megaupload takedown

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amended the first post with FileSonic, can anyone confirm if its US only or worldwide?

I can get to uploaded.to haven't tested anything, but i get a normal looking page.

So FileSonic looks normal for you?

This is only hurting us the "pirates" and "Legitimate File Sharers", seeing as shutting down these types of websites is exactly what Hollywood and big media wants.

Fix'd. :P

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking "aw dammit they're gonna block Cana-...nope."
Nice. JUST the US, not North America like I figured when I saw this (people like to lump us together).

Pretty sure, but I somehow doubt too many sites will follow suit. Just the more nervous of the bunch.

^ What I was thinking

Yay Canada :D

Thesolcity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. JUST the US, not North America like I figured when I saw this (people like to lump us together).

Pretty sure, but I somehow doubt too many sites will follow suit. Just the more nervous of the bunch.

^ What I was thinking

Well correct me in I'm wrong, but in Canada can't you download whatever (With the exception of CERTAIN items. @[member='s4mid4re'] :P) as long as its only for personal use? In places like there and Sweden file sharing sites wouldn't be afflicted by laws such as the ones here. :(

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is only hurting us the "pirates, seeing as shutting down these types of websites is exactly what the goveremnt wants.

What happens when other, non file sharing, sites jump on the wagon and start blocking US ip address, just for the hell of it, of because they don't like the USA, or for what ever reason?

Thesolcity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is only hurting us the "pirates, seeing as shutting down these types of websites is exactly what the goveremnt wants.

What happens when other, non file sharing, sites jump on the wagon and start blocking US ip address, just for the hell of it, of because they don't like the USA, or for what ever reason?

Then they wilingly lose money? BUT even if so, the only sites remaining would essentially be big corporation sites. (a.k.a. What the SOPA/PIPA/Yougetthedeal sponsors want).

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, time to start using one of those 4chan ftp servers I've heard so much about for my anime.
That or torrents, whatever.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are going to start merging users to trap servers / torrents then build up their database of "Everything we got against you" just in-case your skills are needed.

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, if you can't afford a VPN, you can post and download files from the Postman on I2P.

They are going to start merging users to trap servers / torrents then build up their database of "Everything we got against you" just in-case your skills are needed.
You should watch the Prisoner movie... After watching the original series. They're ALL spying on each other. It's like a snake eating it's own tale on that show. It would be interesting to see how the Internet would imitate it like you talk about.

Reactions: 1 person

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada

^ What I was thinking

Well correct me in I'm wrong, but in Canada can't you download whatever (With the exception of CERTAIN items. @[member='s4mid4re'] :(

AFAIK, It's actually legal to download and burn music for Private use. Although, uploading movies is illegal, it's kinda blurry in the downloading section and I presume it's the same for warez

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/nTSxdJWZiRA