Country
Japan

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you use Tor to pull the download links| turn off proxy settings | then try accessing the download link?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must of not made myself clear. I understand a number of solutions what I could do to get around to access a site that is blocking connections to a specific country.

What I'm asking is specific details on how they are blocking US access --- exactly what method.

Since everyone seems to be an expert at what is going on here, please enlighten me so I can become an expert like you guys.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where's the information? Theres no information here. All this is is a link to the site and a picture of it in a spoiler.

Anyway, FileSonic has also done the same, and removed their Facebook.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I must of not made myself clear. I understand a number of solutions what I could do to get around to access a site that is blocking connections to a specific country.

What I'm asking is specific details on how they are blocking US access --- exactly what method.

Since everyone seems to be an expert at what is going on here, please enlighten me so I can become an expert like you guys.

All traffic coming from uploaded.to is block to the US. Whether that be the home page, download links, or privacy policies. Nothing can get past. So although you'll be getting the link you wont be able to download it.

Reactions: 1 person

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All traffic coming from uploaded.to is block to the US. Whether that be the home page, download links, or privacy policies. Nothing can get past. So although you'll be getting the link you wont be able to download it.

Thanks Wizerak for clarifying; although I am going to have to disagree. Not all communications are blocked. If I'm not mistaking, that image I am seeing on the mainpage is going through port 80 from their server which is not blocked.

Edit: Ahh I'm working on some math homework and put degree instead of disagree X_X Damn higher order linear ordinary homogeneous differential equations.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Using a GeoIP database, which maps IPs to roughly where they're assigned. It's how sites such as WhatIsMyIP work.

Reactions: 1 person

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually think it's a good idea. =O
If more sites like these would start closing doors to US in a protest, it'd actually make the government or whoever's responsible for that to think about what they're doing, the US of A that used to be deemed as a paradise where people could chase their dreams and live in a country with liberty of speech is now trying to remove some of that liberty. Although it's a small issue that can easily be overcome with a proxy, it still is a good idea imho (only temporarily tho).

No, this will give the government a bigger head than they already have and try to make other sites do the same exact thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, no