Hacking Upgrading to microSDHC flash card

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One of my friends raves about the CycloDS but I have heard some good things about DSTT. The cheapest I can get is the DSTT with a 4 GB Kingston card for 69.99, the CycloDS is the most expensive at 84.99 while AceKard 2 with the same sized memory card is 74.99 CAD. What card is the best bang for my buck if I get a 4 GB microSD card with it from http://www.systemgears.com/ ?

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They're kind of pricey... is that CAD or USD?

If you HAD to buy from this site, go for the Acekard 2 and 2GB MicroSD card. 44.99 That is the best bang for your buck.

Unless you want extra features, in that case, get the cycloDS.

DO NOT get the 4GB card from here. $40 is a lot of money for a 4GB.

Have you looked at Dealextreme.com
acekard 2 for less than $25 with free shipping
maybe try meritline.com for a 4GB a-data class 6 mem card for only $22 with free shipping.

hope this helps.

EDIT: Sephiroth beat me to it

Bishang

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just buy them seperately. I got my Cyclo for $52 from Dealwoot and bought my 4gb Trancent MicroSDHC from newegg for $12. Shipping for the cyclo was free and for the microSDHC it was less than $2.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@PharaohsVizier

Is $60 for the shipping alone??? Why so expensive? Do you have border security in the mail system or something along those lines? Wow. sorry to hear that it costs soo much.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New Egg has had stores in Canada for at least 2 or 3 years now, if not more. Their prices are a bit cheaper then Tiger Direct though, but they don't carry a lot that is guaranteed to work with the flash cards flawlessly. The prices I mentioned were in Canadian dollars, and the alternative that I know about is Kick Gaming which only has M3 Real and Super Card DS One aside from iTouch DS which is the cheapest of all the flash cards on the market. I like my M3 Simply but compatibility with games sometimes is an issue, I notice certain games crash easily with only one or two cheats enabled and I am using a 2 GB San Disk microSD card, plus firmware support is pretty much non existant now.

Systemgears.com is insanely overpriced though looking at it, 44.99 for the M3 Real with the Rumble pack whereas Kick Gaming sells it for 41.75. I really want to avoid buying outside of Canada because I don't want to get dinged on the customs, the bastards at the post office love to screw us over with that (I have ordered parcels that weigh not even 2 pounds and they dinged me 10 bucks). No point really cause it would cost me the same in the long run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...