Upgrading to microSDHC flash card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by DSGamer64, Aug 6, 2008.

Aug 6, 2008
  1. DSGamer64
    OP

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    One of my friends raves about the CycloDS but I have heard some good things about DSTT. The cheapest I can get is the DSTT with a 4 GB Kingston card for 69.99, the CycloDS is the most expensive at 84.99 while AceKard 2 with the same sized memory card is 74.99 CAD. What card is the best bang for my buck if I get a 4 GB microSD card with it from http://www.systemgears.com/ ?

2. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    That store is rather expensive, have you considered Dealextreme?

3. suppachipmunk

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    They're kind of pricey... is that CAD or USD?

If you HAD to buy from this site, go for the Acekard 2 and 2GB MicroSD card. 44.99 That is the best bang for your buck.

Unless you want extra features, in that case, get the cycloDS.

DO NOT get the 4GB card from here. $40 is a lot of money for a 4GB.

Have you looked at Dealextreme.com
    acekard 2 for less than $25 with free shipping
    maybe try meritline.com for a 4GB a-data class 6 mem card for only $22 with free shipping.

hope this helps.

EDIT: Sephiroth beat me to it

4. Bishang

Member Bishang GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just buy them seperately. I got my Cyclo for $52 from Dealwoot and bought my 4gb Trancent MicroSDHC from newegg for $12. Shipping for the cyclo was free and for the microSDHC it was less than $2.

5. suppachipmunk

United States
    Newegg doesnt ship to canada though, does it?

6. suppachipmunk

United States
    @ canadians...

what about meritline.com or rima.com

They have good prices, not sure if they ship to canada though. maybe worth a look

7. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    newegg opened up shop in canada now.

I think the link is newegg.ca

8. suppachipmunk

United States
    @PharaohsVizier

Is $60 for the shipping alone??? Why so expensive? Do you have border security in the mail system or something along those lines? Wow. sorry to hear that it costs soo much.

9. DSGamer64
    OP

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    New Egg has had stores in Canada for at least 2 or 3 years now, if not more. Their prices are a bit cheaper then Tiger Direct though, but they don't carry a lot that is guaranteed to work with the flash cards flawlessly. The prices I mentioned were in Canadian dollars, and the alternative that I know about is Kick Gaming which only has M3 Real and Super Card DS One aside from iTouch DS which is the cheapest of all the flash cards on the market. I like my M3 Simply but compatibility with games sometimes is an issue, I notice certain games crash easily with only one or two cheats enabled and I am using a 2 GB San Disk microSD card, plus firmware support is pretty much non existant now.

Systemgears.com is insanely overpriced though looking at it, 44.99 for the M3 Real with the Rumble pack whereas Kick Gaming sells it for 41.75. I really want to avoid buying outside of Canada because I don't want to get dinged on the customs, the bastards at the post office love to screw us over with that (I have ordered parcels that weigh not even 2 pounds and they dinged me 10 bucks). No point really cause it would cost me the same in the long run.