Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
So i have a quick question about updating some stuff, I'm running 4.2U and HBC 1.06 or 1.07 or something, and figured i should upgrade to the newest versions (of HBC not system menu, unless there is some reason to upgrade to 4.3..... is there?)
I was just wondering if there's anything special I need to do before re-running the installer, ie will this wipe the apps folder, or any settings, or stuff like that which i should backup first? or will it just re-install the HBC to the wii and leave all that stuff alone?

Ps- somewhat unrelated, but can anyone link me to the latest custom MIOS?

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
GRIM.657 said:
So i have a quick question about updating some stuff, I'm running 4.2U and HBC 1.06 or 1.07 or something, and figured i should upgrade to the newest versions (of HBC not system menu, unless there is some reason to upgrade to 4.3..... is there?)
I was just wondering if there's anything special I need to do before re-running the installer, ie will this wipe the apps folder, or any settings, or stuff like that which i should backup first? or will it just re-install the HBC to the wii and leave all that stuff alone?
SM/HBC update won't touch Your SD/USB media.
It is always good idea to have latest HBC/bootmii@IOS/bootmii@boot2 and make recent NAND backup. Of course waiting week after new release is advised when You are afraid of new bugs.
There is no point in SM update if You play from USB drive.
For legit games You could update particular game related IOS only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn