Apple Updating from 3.1.3 to 4.1...

KingPockets

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Ipod touch 3G jailbroken with 3.1.3 firmware installed and I'm thinking about upgrading it to 4.1 firmware. I do have SHSH blobs for 4.1, and 4.2.1. I don't have SHSH blobs for 3.1.3 so I won't be able to downgrade it back I think. However, I have heard that the 4.1 firmware has battery issues though it can be jailbroken untethered. Therefore, I have two questions.

1) Is there anyway to solve the battery issues in 4.1?
2) Is the update worth it?

Thanks for your help
smile.gif

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Since it's an iPod touch 3G, I'd update it to 4.1. You'll have multitasking, Folders, and custom backgrounds enabled and working smoothly.

[speculation]
Regarding battery life... The battery drain might be iOS 4.1 looking for a Wi-Fi network all the time (or keeping a Wi-Fi connection). I am unsure if this is the culprit, but you could try turning on Airplane Mode whenever you're not using Wi-Fi.
[/speculation]

metamaster said:
When you say iPod touch 3g, do you mean MC or MB model? You can check in Settings - General - About.
iPod touch 3G devices only had "MC" model numbers; it was the iPod touch 2G that had "MB" and "MC" model numbers.
wink.gif

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ Oh lol. I'm so used to asking that I forgot about that
tongue.gif

I also recommend updating. I have the same iPod as you on 4.1, it runs perfectly and without any lag whatsoever (with a bunch of Cydia tweaks on top of that)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid