Hacking updating emunand 8.x to 9.x

nine0nine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
First of all, sorry if this has been answered before, I searched but couldn't find a direct answer.

I currently have a 4.5 3DS XL with GW running emunand 8.1.0-19U

I updated to this a while ago, when smashbros was released and I did that by formatting my current emunand (after backing up etc), I was a little disappointed that the new emunand was totally fresh, so all my play stats and settings were lost, so my first question is:

1. Is there a way to update without losing that data?

and

2. Since I am already running emunand 8.1.0-19U, can I just update from this to the latest one (via wifi), if I also update my gateway first?

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing really to updating emunand. Make sure you do it through settings, to ensure that the GW is showing. Then make sure you have the updated Launcher.dat on the main 3DS SD card. You won't lose data by updating.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. Yes, see the answer to 2
2. Yes. First update your Gateway and then update the EmuNAND through the system settings. Only through the system settings and if you have verified that your system version says GW3D-xx!

nine0nine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
sweet, I thought this was the case as it seems to make sense, but just terrified of losing my precious 4.5 system.
Thanks for the fast replies guys:lol:

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
sweet, I thought this was the case as it seems to make sense, but just terrified of losing my precious 4.5 system.
Thanks for the fast replies guys:lol:

Make sure that when you do it, you don't leave Settings. As in, boot into EmuNAND, go into Settings, and then just go to Update. If you go to Settings and leave Settings, you'll be pushed back out to the normal NAND, and if you don't catch that, you could accidentally update your 4.5 console to 9.2 or whatever we're on now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill