updating emunand 8.x to 9.x

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by nine0nine, Nov 7, 2014.

1. nine0nine
    OP

nine0nine Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2006
    Albania
    First of all, sorry if this has been answered before, I searched but couldn't find a direct answer.

I currently have a 4.5 3DS XL with GW running emunand 8.1.0-19U

I updated to this a while ago, when smashbros was released and I did that by formatting my current emunand (after backing up etc), I was a little disappointed that the new emunand was totally fresh, so all my play stats and settings were lost, so my first question is:

1. Is there a way to update without losing that data?

and

2. Since I am already running emunand 8.1.0-19U, can I just update from this to the latest one (via wifi), if I also update my gateway first?

2. sgtkwol

sgtkwol GBAtemp Regular

Oct 29, 2008
    United States
    Nothing really to updating emunand. Make sure you do it through settings, to ensure that the GW is showing. Then make sure you have the updated Launcher.dat on the main 3DS SD card. You won't lose data by updating.

3. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    1. Yes, see the answer to 2
    2. Yes. First update your Gateway and then update the EmuNAND through the system settings. Only through the system settings and if you have verified that your system version says GW3D-xx!

4. nine0nine
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2006
    Albania
    sweet, I thought this was the case as it seems to make sense, but just terrified of losing my precious 4.5 system.

Thanks for the fast replies guys:lol:

5. gypsynimrod

gypsynimrod Banned

Banned
    Sep 2, 2014
    Fiji
    Make sure that when you do it, you don't leave Settings. As in, boot into EmuNAND, go into Settings, and then just go to Update. If you go to Settings and leave Settings, you'll be pushed back out to the normal NAND, and if you don't catch that, you could accidentally update your 4.5 console to 9.2 or whatever we're on now.

6. nine0nine
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2006
    Albania
    done :yaysp: