Homebrew Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon crashes on title screen

Cuetaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
literally made an account on this goshdarn website for answers because i'm not going to reddit and i've searched all i can, so

context: it's been a while since I played PSMD so I decided to pick up my physical cartridge of the game and pop it into my homebrewed New 3DS XL. It said there was an update for the game and I blindly updated it. I then launched the game and it ran perfectly fine. I decided to run a fresh save file so I went to delete my save data, did so, and it booted back to the title screen as it's supposed ti...and then it crashes. I shut the system down, I relaunch the game, it gets past the loading screen, but crashes before the title again. It's JUST with PSMD that this happens with. I've scoured the web for answers and mostly came back with nothing (yes I tried downloading a seed for the game too, it didn't work, yes FBI is up-to-date. I think I need to update Luma, its on 11.0 i think but surely it can't be that if its just happening with PSMD...?? If it's just that I'll update the thread in the morning)

TL;DR pokemon smd started crashing on title screen after deleting my save data to start fresh; it worked just fine before deleting my save. it's a physical cartridge, not digital or downloaded .cia file. gonna include the dump file for the crash. I can't post images yet cuz of anti-spam so i'll type out most of what the error page said minus the stack dump

"An exception occured
Processor: Arm11 (core 0)
Exception type: prefetch abort (svcBreak)
Fault status: Debug event
Current process: paradise (0004000000174600)"

Attachments

• crash_dump_00000001.zip
    820 bytes · Views: 31

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A dump file probably isn't going to help anyone, unfortunately.

What if you install the game to your SD card using godmode9?

It is conceivable that your cart could be defective, but if that was the case, there would probably be a lot more reports from people with that cartridge failing.

Cuetaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...They don't. The cameras don't work. Oh my god

Oh that is SO stupid

I literally had to check a video of a fresh playthrough to see what you meant. It's been years since I picked up the game so I forgot.

The cameras stopped working for whatever reason on my 3ds a while ago. So yeah it checks out

On one level I'm happy to have found an answer, on the other now im just mad that I've done this to myself unknowingly.

Thank you for the reply! I'll see if there's anything I can do about the camera. I also just saw the other reply posted, so in the morning I'll try that fix as well.

Reactions: Latiodile

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How would I install games through god mode 9?
Ps (I am having the dame problem as Cuetaro)
did you see my initial reply? test if your cameras work, if they do then something could be wrong with the game, try downloading a save file that skips the initial questionnaire

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh I know that my camera's don't work
that's your problem then, the game requires working cameras for the first boot, and then no longer requires them once you have a save file, try to find a save file from somewhere with the starters you want, or make one in citra

KingChaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PXL_20231123_234920681.jpg
also if it helps, this is what I get when I turn on my camera.
Post automatically merged:

Oh all right then

Also would you know how to fix the camera

Okay so I did what you said I made a safe file of the game on the emulator I put it on my SD card and download today and it still gave me an error.

Last edited by KingChaos,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE