huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Nevermind. But for some reason on SMB original, I can't select two player game to play it with my brother on NiFi..
Anyone been able to get it to work?
You could press the select button several times to get it work(could be 2 ~ 10). This happens to the real console and emulators on PC.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
I just realized that SMB takes turns in 2P.. Awkward.
Can't get single card to work, though.
Like, I don't see an option for it anywhere.
You just start up the ROM on one system, take out the card (the game is stored in the DS's 4MB RAM) and put it in the other system. It's simple, but hard to figure out on your own I guess.

dmbjunky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me make the fds work? I looked throughout the topic and googled nesds but I can't seem to find out how to make fds games work. I tried loading the bios and then loading the rom. I tried loading the rom first but all I get is the fds system sounding with no graphics and even then I can tell by the sound it is just the fds loading screen, not the game itself. This emulator needs a read-me or tutorial. It is a great emulator but it has little features that took me awhile to figure out.

Hey presto, if you want to make your own plugins download this http://filetrip.net/f11539-DSTwo-Icon-Saver-1-0.html I wanted simple plugins with the system and logo and made them pretty easily.

pluginshd.png

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just start up the ROM on one system, take out the card (the game is stored in the DS's 4MB RAM) and put it in the other system. It's simple, but hard to figure out on your own I guess.
That works? Wow, never would have tried that..

Reactions: 1 person

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
yes, nesds will load all it nesDS when playing, so you can poll off the cart when started the game.

Can anyone help me make the fds work? I looked throughout the topic and googled nesds but I can't seem to find out how to make fds games work. I tried loading the bios and then loading the rom. I tried loading the rom first but all I get is the fds system sounding with no graphics and even then I can tell by the sound it is just the fds loading screen, not the game itself. This emulator needs a read-me or tutorial. It is a great emulator but it has little features that took me awhile to figure out.
nesDS DO supports fds, make sure you are using a nesDS(EX) version. you can find the latest nesDS(EX) on filetrip.net.
When play the fds game, just load it, nesDS will load the fds bios by auto and the bios is embedded with nesDS. If you want to change the disk, check menu>game>extra>fds>diskA,B,C,D

dmbjunky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have version 1.0, is that the same as EX? I thought that was the latest version. My files are in .fds format. Should they be?

EDIT: So I redownloaded version 1.0 which is the latest version on filetrip. I still have the same problem. I hear the FDS system sound and then a negative sound that signifies the game didn't load and no picture at all.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sounds kinda like the "dummy linking" option in PocketNES for the GBA. Since you could only send over files 192 KB or smaller via the link cable, if you wanted 2-player with a larger file, you'd send over a smaller game and then completely ignore the second GBA's screen. The button presses were still submitted over the link cable, so you'd just have to both watch the host GBA system for video.

dmbjunky, while I have no idea how to help you with FDS games in this version of nesDS, worst case you can try NesterDS+ which I believe has FDS support as long as you have that discsys.rom file.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huminghao, VERY SORRY.
ips.c

unsigned short read16(const void *p){
const unsigned char *x=(const unsigned char*)p;
- return x[0]|(x[1]

Reactions: 2 people

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Humminghao,

DStwo user here. Loved your nesDS work thus far... but for the past few versions, I've been having a serious problem that I finally must voice out.

Simply, for the past few releases and versions, the app will basiclaly just crash if I try to then load another game to play while running it. Doesn't matter whether I do it via shortcut, or the internal menu; it's always the same where then the bottom screen won't show the rom list I was just on, and the top screen garbles out. At this point, I have to hit the home button on my 3DS to reset the system and get back into it. Frustratingly, the newest version ( 1.0 r98 ) that I was able to get won't show up in the homebrew list on the DStwo's stock EOS like prior versions would. I know this was all good and working prior to 1.0... but ti's been a problem for me since.

Any suggestions ot get your excellent emulator working again? I love me some NES on the go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.