Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a nooby question... saving and loading don't work for me at all. Could it just be my crappy flashcart? I have an R4i Platinum.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried the latest version ( r98 I believe ) and it doesn't boot anymore on my sudokuhaxed DSiXL.
I just replaced the older version with the .nds file, keeping all the folders.
It was previously working perfectly ( even saving and loading to SD card )
Am I doing something wrong, or has the DSi support being overlooked in this version ?

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
DStwo user here. Loved your nesDS work thus far... but for the past few versions, I've been having a serious problem that I finally must voice out.
past few versions? Could you tell more details?
You could try the things below:
1. Boot the nesds directly, dont use moonshell or something else.
2. Dont put too many nes roms in one folder.
3. Try an old version of nesds.
4. Try the lastest nesDS_r98_b on sf.net.

I have a nooby question... saving and loading don't work for me at all. Could it just be my crappy flashcart? I have an R4i Platinum.
There shouldnt be such problem... Please try the lastest binary on sf.net. I just uploaded it, compiled with lateast devkitARM

I tried the latest version ( r98 I believe ) and it doesn't boot anymore on my sudokuhaxed DSiXL.
I just replaced the older version with the .nds file, keeping all the folders.
It was previously working perfectly ( even saving and loading to SD card )
Am I doing something wrong, or has the DSi support being overlooked in this version ?
Same as upper things...

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked fine with the 0.5*... I only started noticing something was around around 1.0 showing up. among other things, how at first it seemed like 1.0 would ignore the nesds.ini that the DStwo uses for its EOS menu. And personally, I like BASwap to be on always. it's more inline with the other emulators, and also the new VC stuff from Nintendo.

My /NES/USA folder is about ~850roms... it hasn't been a problem before.

Never used moonshell; just the icon from EOS while I still had it.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Can the .ips patches just go in the same folder as my NES games?

yup, afaik. just click the patch first, then select yer game and boot it.

edit: just tried the newest rev with recca and a couple of patches, and it all works from my NES folder.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the .ips patches just go in the same folder as my NES games?
yup, afaik. just click the patch first, then select yer game and boot it.
edit: just tried the newest rev with recca and a couple of patches, and it all works from my NES folder.
Thank you for answering I will try it out. :)

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... 0.56b there allows me to successfully swap out another rom, even in my large usa roms directory; however, it is the build that had the "blown out" sound issue. Looks like I'll need to spend some time to see if I can find a build that will work reliably for me. :(

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:had to wipe and reformat with the microSD again. started with a fresh install of nesds r98. Even broke up my rom directories by alphabetical order for my US NES roms collection. That said, still having the same problems with this build in my DStwo.
  • after loading a rom, clicking on the menu button to load a different rom causes an immediate crash, with graphical garbage on the top screen and a blank bottom screen.
  • nesDS will not obey the settings in the settings.ini it comes with. The only thing particular I want changed is to have BASwap on, and it will never do that; every time I start up nesDS, it will be back to Y/B for the buttons.
  • save states don't work for much the same reason as the first... it crashes upon doing so.
  • (intermittent) If I close the (3)DS screen lid for a while (like say, overnight) and come back to ti, it's either a black screen or garbled. Either way, it's a home-button reset all over again.
Thus far, none of the 1.* releases will play nice in my DStwo. Could it simply be because it's in a 3DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: