Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to disable the shoulder buttons? I have a broken L button (My friend refurbished this DS and he lost one of the springs, so the L button tends to stick down like I'm holding it) and I can't really play any games because everything will randomly rewind.

I can't find a single setting anywhere to remap what the shoulder buttons do. It's really frustrating. Every single function should be remappable and there's no documentation or anything.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
huiminghao said:
Kikirini said:
I can't figure out what happened to cause my LoZ rom to break. I try to start it up in the NesDS menu and get a black screen. Start+Select, open another game, then do the same to open LoZ. Only then will it play, and it has garbled graphics.

I've tried downloading a rom from a few different sites, tried downgrading NesDS to when it was working, deleting my sav, all without any luck.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix it? DX
What is 'LoZ'? Legend of Zelda?
I & II work well on my iDSL with R4SDHC. The fds ones work well too, but the saving is not supported now.

Yeah, I was talking about Legend of Zelda.
II works fine for me, but I is not working whatsoever.
and I'm using R4i-gold upgrade...

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Kikirini said:
I updated mapper1 yesterday, you could wait for the next release. 0.53b. Maybe that's why I said they works fine.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
huiminghao said:
Kikirini said:
I updated mapper1 yesterday, you could wait for the next release. 0.53b. Maybe that's why I said they works fine.

I hope it starts working in the next release x3
Thank you for all your hard work

locolol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
huiminghao said:

ow i cannot load my save-states from 0.53a
frown.gif

BTW: Wily & Light no Rockboard - That's Paradise.nes still freezing after my turn T___T hope it gets fixed soon

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
locolol said:
huiminghao said:
ow i cannot load my save-states from 0.53a
frown.gif

BTW: Wily & Light no Rockboard - That's Paradise.nes still freezing after my turn T___T hope it gets fixed soon
I will try to fix the 'save-states' in a later version.
'Wily & Light no Rockboard', I tried this game, stuck when playing. Something may be wrong with Mapper4.s...

Dariusxq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
When I see new release I wish you fixed Big Nose Freaks Out
frown.gif

I prefer to play using AB, not BY. It's anyoing that, I must every time whenI launh NesDS change input. Is it possible to save AB configuration?

Could you add reset to NesDS?

Touchscreen is not working perfect. Sometimes when i Press File, NesDS is directing me to Game. When I Press Settings it directs me Debug etc.

D

Deleted-236924

Dariusxq said:
I prefer to play using AB, not BY. It's anyoing that, I must every time whenI launh NesDS change input. Is it possible to save AB configuration?
It already does.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Dariusxq said:
When I see new release I wish you fixed Big Nose Freaks Out
frown.gif

Touchscreen is not working perfect. Sometimes when i Press File, NesDS is directing me to Game. When I Press Settings it directs me Debug etc.
Bignose Freaks Out is fixed, wait for the next release.
Try to adjust the 'Touchscreen' in the firmware settings of DS.

Dariusxq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Many thanks for fixing Freaks Out! I very appreciate this. This game was very important for me
smile.gif

I found reset, what a shame i did't notice it earlier.

I calibrated touch screen in DS settings, but i have still trouble with touchscreen in NesDS.

I tried, but I don't know how to save AB input, I must change it from YB to AB every time I launch NesDS.

Thanks for everything one more time!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dariusxq said:
Many thanks for fixing Freaks Out! I very appreciate this. This game was very important for me
smile.gif

I found reset, what a shame i did't notice it earlier.

I calibrated touch screen in DS settings, but i have still trouble with touchscreen in NesDS.

I tried, but I don't know how to save AB input, I must change it from YB to AB every time I launch NesDS.

Thanks for everything one more time!

Do you have a screen protector on your touchscreen? If you do, that could very well be the problem. Even if the touchscreen seems to be perfectly fine for every other game you play, it could still be interfering. I had an issue like that with the old Genesis emulator and after I re-seated the screen protector, it was fine. Something you could try anyway....if you are using a protector.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this emulator use the faster processor on a DSi, when running in an iEvolution?

Suggestion: Have a graphics mode where all of the NES 256x224 pixels are shown, but since the DS screen is only 256x192, the user can use the L and R DS buttons to move the screen up and down to see all of it. (It is possible to change the display now, but it's not obvious how to pick "1 to 1 pixels" and you have to go into a menu to move it)

Second suggestion: Have a graphics mode where all of the NES 256x224 pixels are shown, but since the screen is only 256x192, 192 lines are shown on the top screen and 32 lines on the bottom screen.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Jiro2 said:
Does this emulator use the faster processor on a DSi, when running in an iEvolution?

Suggestion: Have a graphics mode where all of the NES 256x224 pixels are shown, but since the DS screen is only 256x192, the user can use the L and R DS buttons to move the screen up and down to see all of it. (It is possible to change the display now, but it's not obvious how to pick "1 to 1 pixels" and you have to go into a menu to move it)

Second suggestion: Have a graphics mode where all of the NES 256x224 pixels are shown, but since the screen is only 256x192, 192 lines are shown on the top screen and 32 lines on the bottom screen.
1. Yes. DSi has a higher FPS if 'Fast forward' is active. When using 'All Pure-Soft', DSi is able to play at a lower 'Frame-Skip'. That's what someone told me before.
2. NES/FC on a TV shows 256x224, while emulators shows 256x240. I think the touch menu thing is good enough to shift/scale the screen.
3. Impossible. BUT, there is a way to show that way, that is: Show the graphic on top screen in one frame, then show it on sub-screen in the next frame. Over agian... I'am not sure if it flickers too much. But some game will not be shown correctly.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the first time on a DS-based NES emulator (as far as I know), Rocket Ranger is now working! Excellent!

Whatever you did, it worked!

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
Is save state working fine in the current build (v0.53b)? iIt seems to work only some of the times for me, I am playing Legend of Zelda. So far I only tried activating it with touchscreen though, so I am not sure if I am not actually hitting the virtual button.... I plan on trying to setup shortcuts but just wanted to see if save state has known issues.

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been messing around with some games in 53b and found a few that are having issues:

Demon Sword - garbled backgrounds
Rad Racer II - garbled background
Dragon Ninja - fails to load
High Speed - garbled graphics
Shinobi - garbled graphics on 2nd level (common issue from what I understand)

Not complaining or anything, just a few I noticed weren't working and thought I'd mention it.

Question/request...would it be possible to make the ini file save my custom screen scaling settings? I tried setting it the way I like it and telling it to save the ini file, but it always resets the next time I boot the emulator, forcing me to have to adjust the screen scaling again. Or maybe there is some other method of saving the screen scaling settings that I'm not aware of?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1