Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, 0.45b is out and there is still some staticky sound with some games such as Kirby and Hydlide. Not only that, but Zelda:Shadow of Night will not start at all and freezes up the emulator (it worked fine with 0.42b).

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any reason why it's limited to 256 files? And if so, can you make the limit configurable in the .ini?
Can you also allow the shortcuts to use 3 buttons instead of 2? I've been having so many problems with accidentally pressing shortcuts during gameplay (I lost nearly 2 hours of gameplay in Zelda II because I pressed Start+Select by mistake).

I'm also having issues with crackling sound in the latest version. I managed to fix it by putting "FollowMem=1" in the ini, but I'm wondering what this option really does.

Genowing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks
happy.gif

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Huimingao, congrats and so much thanks for your work.
grog.gif
laugh.gif

New things to add in the future (only if possible)

- Turn up a little the sound volume
- Have FDS support
- Multigames carts mapp support
- Cheat support, like EX versions, but not that complicated, better like Jnes cheats search
- WiFi multiplayer, maybe a kailleraDS server (Pretentious boy
tongue.gif
)
- Other devices support, light gun, keyboard, touch screen to emulate the arkanoid device... who known)
- Etc, etc, etc...
grog.gif

Again, Thanks for this project.
yaynds.gif

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, thanks again for your continued work. I know you have no shortage of requests/suggestions, but one I wouldn't mind seeing is a section in the .ini for screen scaling. During emulation, users could manually set the screen to the desired ratio, take note of the adjusted numbers on the display tab (current default E000 and FA00) and adjust the .ini text to reflect those new values.

EDIT: One other thing, I notice in Super Mario 2 (US), the gameplay now noticeably stutters about every 10 seconds.

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if this has been mentioned but in Who Framed Roger Rabbit you use the Select and L or R on the D-pad to select items which messes with the screen ratio.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TerryG said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned but in Who Framed Roger Rabbit you use the Select and L or R on the D-pad to select items which messes with the screen ratio.

Maybe Who Framed Roger Rabbit for the SNES, definitely not the one for the NES, as the NES didn't have any shoulder buttons, not real or emulated, so to play a NES game you wouldn't need to hit nonexistent L or R buttons.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Arm73 said:
TerryG said:

Maybe Who Framed Roger Rabbit for the SNES, definitely not the one for the NES, as the NES didn't have any shoulder buttons, not real or emulated, so to play a NES game you wouldn't need to hit nonexistent L or R buttons.
He means on the NES.

Select+Left and Select+Right are Scaling shortcuts, so when you hold Select and press Left or Right it changes the scaling.
However, since nesDS uses an INI file now, you can change the shortcuts if you would like.
Setting the values to "0" disables them, so if you want to disable all the scaling SHORTCUTS do this:CODE
;scale left
;KEY_SELECT | KEY_LEFT
scalel=0

;scale right
;KEY_SELECT | KEY_RIGHT
scaler=0

;scale up
;KEY_SELECT | KEY_UP
scaleu=0

;scale down
;KEY_SELECT | KEY_DOWN
scaled=0

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
Can you also allow the shortcuts to use 3 buttons instead of 2? I've been having so many problems with accidentally pressing shortcuts during gameplay (I lost nearly 2 hours of gameplay in Zelda II because I pressed Start+Select by mistake).
I just wanted to answer myself in my previous post. It seems that you can put as many buttons as you want in one shortcut. That's really awesome.

And since when did pressing L+R+Start+Select return to the DSi menu?

Dariusxq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
O M G !! Touchscreen is working perfectly
biggrin.gif
You are the best !! I can Play Kickmaster, G I Joe and many games without save/load frustration
biggrin.gif
And I can easily change rom without turning off my DS !! I LOVE YOU !!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
YayMii said:
I just wanted to answer myself in my previous post. It seems that you can put as many buttons as you want in one shortcut. That's really awesome.

And since when did pressing L+R+Start+Select return to the DSi menu?
Since 0.44b, but it was kinda broken for the DSi (not sure how exactly).
In 0.45a it was fixed for the DSi/3DS to return to the menu.

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Select+Left and Select+Right are Scaling shortcuts, so when you hold Select and press Left or Right it changes the scaling.
However, since nesDS uses an INI file now, you can change the shortcuts if you would like.
Setting the values to "0" disables them, so if you want to disable all the scaling SHORTCUTS do this:
Code:
;scale left
;KEY_SELECT | KEY_LEFT
scalel=0

;scale right
;KEY_SELECT | KEY_RIGHT
scaler=0

;scale up
;KEY_SELECT | KEY_UP
scaleu=0

;scale down
;KEY_SELECT | KEY_DOWN