Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Since 0.44b, but it was kinda broken for the DSi (not sure how exactly).
In 0.45a it was fixed for the DSi/3DS to return to the menu.
Unfortunately WinterMute's implementation will just turn off nds if not loaded from hbmenu. I extended the feature.
But anyway please someone test 0.45c(beta) L+R+START+SELECT after loading from hbmenu...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/naeei1ybaxbumnp/nesDS045c.7z

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I know this doesn't add much, but thanks to everyone working on this. It's pretty awesome to see NesDS get some more love after such a long time.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Chubbo1793 said:
I've noticed that after .44a, it limits the number of games shown. Will there be an update to fix that?
There is a '#define MAXFILES 1024' in romloader.c. Just change the value .
In former editions, the value is 256. I think 1024 is enough...

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
I browsed most of the posts of the 19 pages looking for an answer but I didn't see It yet. I am wondering about compressed single .nes files. When I try to load the game list this way nothing comes up so I am thinking that compressed files are not supported. Will support for single .nes files compressed ever be supported? Kinda sucks to have to unzip each one and takes a lot of time and more space on my card.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeroDeception said:
I browsed most of the posts of the 19 pages looking for an answer but I didn't see It yet. I am wondering about compressed single .nes files. When I try to load the game list this way nothing comes up so I am thinking that compressed files are not supported. Will support for single .nes files compressed ever be supported? Kinda sucks to have to unzip each one and takes a lot of time.
Doubtful.

Besides, any decent archiver will allow you to select multiple archives and unpack them at once (usually giving the option 'Here' or 'To Individual Folders').

http://www.7-zip.com
http://www.peazip.org
http://www.rarlab.com

D

Deleted-236924

ZeroDeception said:
I browsed most of the posts of the 19 pages looking for an answer but I didn't see It yet. I am wondering about compressed single .nes files. When I try to load the game list this way nothing comes up so I am thinking that compressed files are not supported. Will support for single .nes files compressed ever be supported? Kinda sucks to have to unzip each one and takes a lot of time and more space on my card.
It doesn't take that long to unzip the roms.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeroDeception said:
Ah so If I highlight them all and then go with 7zip and choose "extract here" will It do them all at once?
It should...
Keep in mind that "Extract Here" will extract to the same folder.
"Extract Files...' will let you choose a folder.

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
Sweet It worked thanks and I am glad I didn't extract them all to the same folder because that would have been a mess .nes with the compressed combined.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeroDeception said:
Sweet It worked thanks and I am glad I didn't extract them all to the same folder because that would have been a mess .nes with the compressed combined.

What I usually do in that situation (usually goodsets double-compress like that) is CTRL+A, then extract all to the current folder, then, while still in the 7zip window, hit delete once it's extracted everything, deleting all those archives I had selected and leaving only the ROMs
wink.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
ZeroDeception said:

What I usually do in that situation (usually goodsets double-compress like that) is CTRL+A, then extract all to the current folder, then, while still in the 7zip window, hit delete once it's extracted everything, deleting all those archives I had selected and leaving only the ROMs
wink.gif
Depending on your situation hitting Ctrl+X would cut them so you can paste it into a new folder.
Alternatively use the command line "move *.nes foldername" or do the same for .zip or .7z.

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, everyone thanks for taking some time to help me and for all that great information.

If you where to see me earlier extracting each one at time I think you would understand my frustration and probably had a good laugh too.

In the back of my mind while doing that I'm thinking, "There just has to be a better way". Then I thought, "I bet the guys at GBAtemp would know because they know everything".

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Here's a couple of requests:

Scrolling for long file names (only the currently selected one should scroll).
Configurable speed for the turbo A/B (for some games, the turbo is so fast it isn't actually useful...)

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got one issue with the current versions which I just wanted to ask here about (in the hope that it can be fixed). Currently using 046 version.

When I load any game, at first it doesnt display the game correctly and there are small parts of the image missing. It kinda looks like a certain few scanlines in the display are missing, very hard to explain but easier to see problem when you look at it. Display is almost perfect though so doesnt look too bad (some might just think its normal and just caused by the scaling).

If I go to the settings and just change that display option (the flicker/alerp thing) from the default setting to another eg "flicker", nesds then corrects the display and its perfect. I then set that option back to the default. No more problem display, but I have to do this after loading each game.

I hope this is readable.
Thanks.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kineticUK said:
I've got one issue with the current versions which I just wanted to ask here about (in the hope that it can be fixed). Currently using 046 version.

When I load any game, at first it doesnt display the game correctly and there are small parts of the image missing. It kinda looks like a certain few scanlines in the display are missing, very hard to explain but easier to see problem when you look at it. Display is almost perfect though so doesnt look too bad (some might just think its normal and just caused by the scaling).

If I go to the settings and just change that display option (the flicker/alerp thing) from the default setting to another eg "flicker", nesds then corrects the display and its perfect. I then set that option back to the default. No more problem display, but I have to do this after loading each game.

I hope this is readable.
Thanks.
It's in the INI file:CODE;0=flicker 1=noflicker 2=alphalerp
Blend=0
Default is 1.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
shaosam said:
Huminghaol, have you been in contact with Dwedit from the Pocket Heaven boards at all? He has been working on a revised version of PocketNES with many improvements, and it would be awesome if somehow your projects were merged or you did some sort of collaboration.

Pocket Heaven PocketNES board: http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/boards/viewforum.php?f=21
Not yet... There are many limitations for GBA, so 'speedhacks' is needed... Seems that pocketNES supports VRC(snd), MMC5(snd), trainer, VS, which are not supported by nesDS yet...
Maybe I can add some figures from pocketNES...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s