Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lovin' these daily updates, man.

I'd say with all the work you're doing now and all the things you've added to NESDS that have NEVER been available before so far (like DPCM) and in the future (FDS and Lightgun?) you might be able to enter yourself into the GBATemp DS homebrew bounty and pick up a reward for your hard work
smile.gif

You may wanna contact loopy first to make sure he's ok with it, though.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vigilante said:
Killermech said:
Bryon15 said:
Vigilante said:
With tihs developement of the nesds,I ask again why is there no one developing the snesds.
But though great job anyways.

Dude the snesds emulator is still being worked on. Here's the latest version:

http://gbatemp.net/t281923-catsfc-released

I think he means SnesDS (Its actual name) and was made by Loopy ages ago. Which is the worst of the Snes emulators for the DS.

CATSFC / BAGSFC > NDSSFC > SNEmulDS > SnezziDS > SNESDS.
Oh wait made mistake there,I was actualy refering to SNEmulds
rolleyes.gif

But why would we need an update for SNEmulds when CATSFC is better anyway?

Recorderdude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bryon15 said:
Vigilante said:
Killermech said:
Bryon15 said:
Vigilante said:
With tihs developement of the nesds,I ask again why is there no one developing the snesds.
But though great job anyways.

Dude the snesds emulator is still being worked on. Here's the latest version:

http://gbatemp.net/t281923-catsfc-released

I think he means SnesDS (Its actual name) and was made by Loopy ages ago. Which is the worst of the Snes emulators for the DS.

CATSFC / BAGSFC > NDSSFC > SNEmulDS > SnezziDS > SNESDS.
Oh wait made mistake there,I was actualy refering to SNEmulds
rolleyes.gif

But why would we need an update for SNEmulds when CATSFC is better anyway?

for those poor unfortunate souls who can't hand over $35 for a DSTWO or a little more for a PSP. Oh and it runs some simple mode 7 games a little better than CATSFC except it has layering issues (Fzero, Hyperzone etc).

As for me, I have a DSTWO so I wouldn't need it updated anyway :yaydstwo:

that should be an actual icon
tongue.gif

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unclear on the what the update is saying here:
QUOTE said:
Set the nes ram reset value to 0x0, not 0xFFFFFFFF, which will cause Super Mario to start from world 0-1.
Does this mean the update CAUSES this behavior, or that it was like that before and the update fixed it? I'm hoping the former, for the following reason:

The only ROMs that exhibit this problem are bad dumps, and in fact the more accurate behavior is to start on 0-1. Any emulator that starts one of these bad dumps on 1-1 is less accurate. If you have ever had this problem, a better solution would be to either download a proper dump, or patch the ROM to fix the bug in the ROM itself. No emulator should ever have an intentional bug to compensate for a bad dump.

Recorderdude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Covarr said:
QUOTE said:
Set the nes ram reset value to 0x0, not 0xFFFFFFFF, which will cause Super Mario to start from world 0-1.
Does this mean the update CAUSES this behavior, or that it was like that before and the update fixed it? I'm hoping the former, for the following reason:

The only ROMs that exhibit this problem are bad dumps, and in fact the more accurate behavior is to start on 0-1. Any emulator that starts one of these bad dumps on 1-1 is less accurate. If you have ever had this problem, a better solution would be to either download a proper dump, or patch the ROM to fix the bug in the ROM itself. No emulator should ever have an intentional bug to compensate for a bad dump.

No, it fixes it, and it is a VERY good fix to have. Usually Mario 1 ROMhacks have this problem in some emus like FCEUX because they're "bad dumps". You have to use something else like virtualnes to run them. So now NESDS will pretty much run all mario 1 romhacks.

Coolz.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Covarr said:
QUOTE said:

The old value was 0xFFFFFFFF, and the 8k bytes of NES_RAM were set to 0xFF. I dont care if the rom is a bad dump, I just want to emu it and play it~
Virtuanes reset the whole NES_RAM to 0x0, and it has a much better emulation, I wonder why the nesDS coundn't follow it?
After I did that, I tried the new version with a lot of games, and they all work fine.

locolol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Whoa! another update! thank you very much for your hard work huiminghao,Nesds is becoming perfect because of you
yaynds.gif
thanks again!
I'm patiently waiting for the 'config file' that will allow to set up the short-cuts
yaynds.gif

cheers!

Recorderdude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
locolol said:
Whoa! another update! thank you very much for your hard work huiminghao,Nesds is becoming perfect because of you
yaynds.gif
thanks again!
I'm patiently waiting for the 'config file' that will allow to set up the short-cuts
yaynds.gif

cheers!

Yeah...one thing I want to say about that.

Can you have the cfg named something other than nesDS? I'm asking this because if it has to be in the same directory as the emulator itself, then it might overwrite the .ini for the emulator on DSTWO in the _dstwoplug folder which is also called nesds. This happens with ds2key because of its cfg name.

so just name it nesDS_cfg or something if possible. Thanks.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to this I can play Mother 1/ Earthbound Zero on my DS.

Also, I don't want to come off as needy or selfish, but I have a request. Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels (aka the original Super Mario Bros. 2) goes to a black screen upon pressing one player or two player. I have tried many a dump and nothing has worked.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Thanks to this I can play Mother 1/ Earthbound Zero on my DS.

Also, I don't want to come off as needy or selfish, but I have a request. Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels (aka the original Super Mario Bros. 2) goes to a black screen upon pressing one player or two player. I have tried many a dump and nothing has worked.

Strange. last time I checked my dump works fine...

my rom name is

Super Mario Bros 2 (Lost Levels).nes

got it from a Goodrom archive. I also have the original .fds version, for running on my Powerpak, gotten form the same archive...

Super Mario Bros 2 (J).fds

maybe if he adds FDS support, that would do the trick...

Also, the Gooddump I have is a Mapper hacked fds converted into .nes, in case you were wondering. It's the only version that works on NESDS for me. make sure your version is the mapper hack, I guess?
unsure.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, huiminghao!
Fantastic work. I thought this homebrew was dead forever, but you've breathed new life into it. I'll happily support this for as long as you see fit to work on this project. Thanks again!

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for all your hard work on this emulator huiminghao. The improvements so far are excellent and its very kind of you to come here and listen to user requests.
Take it easy, I will be following your project and look forward to seeing what future updates will bring.
Don't work too hard! You are a star.

r0b0tr0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thanks huiminghao! i love your work
smile.gif

but the touch screen isn't working at all in 043 and 044a. i have a old black nds lite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place