OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
personuser said:
Okay, PCM refers to raw PCM sound, and it is VERY easy to hear because music can't play while it's running. DPCM can still have other sounds playing while in use, like SMB3's drums.

A good example is the game "three stooges or "action 52", both which work in NESDS besides the PCM sound. I'll use the 3 stooges here, because the sound plays right in the intro and you don't have to wait.
I see... The pcm is a special one of DPCM. The channel directly use the DAC(the value written to the i/o) to generate a sound, which means that the state info of this channel should be calculated in real-time, and that wont be suppoted by NDS's two processors... The ARM7 will update the channel every 44100/64hz, enough to generate a MAN' voice, but not for a sound(even a WOMAN' voidce...). Additionally, the ARM9 does not process 6502 code in real-time and the 6502 wont check the reg4015, so, there is no way to generate a real PCM...

A supposed PCM, in one frame:
aaaabbbbccccddddaaaacccc
The ARM7 wouldr ender it as aaaaaabbbbbbddddddaaaaaa...... too slow...really bad.
The ARM9 would deal with it as aabbccddaacc.... too fast, still bad..

then the final sound would be
aaaaaadddddddddddddddddd......

If we want to hear the correct PCM sound from nesDS, we need to slow down the ARM9(write the i/o slowly), and shorter the sound buffer(now is 64)(render the sound faster)...

I dont like it....

atlanx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had a Cheat-Option(kind of action replay) in an older version of this emulator - looks like this disappeared in this new version.

Or does someone know how to get it back working???

And - how to load *.IPS Language Patches for a game?

Example:

Contra (U).nes < Rom
Contra (U).ips < Language Patch

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
atlanx said:
I had a Cheat-Option(kind of action replay) in an older version of this emulator - looks like this disappeared in this new version.

Or does someone know how to get it back working???That was from the EX versions.
Fixes have been added back into the 'original' version, which means the removal of the cheat engine.
I'm not sure if there are any plans to bring it back or not.

QUOTE(atlanx @ Mar 17 2011, 01:06 PM) And - how to load *.IPS Language Patches for a game?

Example:

Contra (U).nes < Rom
Contra (U).ips < Language Patch
Pretty sure that Automatic IPS Patching is not implemented, and my guess is it won't be.
Due to the inherent difficult nature of renaming files on the DS, it doesn't seem likely that you'd be swapping between patched and unpatched games, so it would probably be just as easy to IPS patch your ROM and leave it at that.

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Dont burn your self out we are all great-full for all the updates but, Id hate to see you drop it due to stress. or drama though you seem to be pretty cool headed huiminghao shit if anything could you post your paypal for donations id like to give ya 5 bucks

lompoc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tell them to update nesterds and punchout is perfect only speed is messed up.this emulator runs slower then nes ds. puchout soon perfect if you fix speed in nesterds bye

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lompoc said:
tell them to update nesterds and punchout is perfect only speed is messed up.this emulator runs slower then nes ds. puchout soon perfect if you fix speed in nesterds bye

Uh, NesterDS is a completely different type of emulator (software) NESDS is a HARDWARE emulator.

Software=Easy Accuracy

Hardware= Easy speed

You can't have both without some serious work put in (unless the console is pathetically easy to emulate like atari)

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just one more request after you fix the sound. Would it be possible to save a config file for screen settings for different games. What I am trying to say is have a config file save option for the different games. So we can adjust the screen to out liking and it won't effect other games

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
It seems that 0.42b and 0.43 won't load any of my save states. The states are from nesDS 0.40. Is there some kind of version check and if so, is there any way around it?

Bridgy84

Yub Nub
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just want to thank you so very much for your fantastic work. To finally be able to play Castlevania III with the proper music is amazing. No need to have my psp with me to play it now. You sir have made my day!

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great job on the DPCM sound! It sounds great.
I have 3 suggestions though:
1. Can you increase the volume of the audio? I noticed that the Lameboy GB emulator can produce much louder sound than nesDS, and it would be great if you could match that volume.
2. Can you fix the sprite scaling? Mario looks weird in Super Mario Bros 3 when the screen is scaled.
3. If you are putting in a config file, can you put a global config option and a per-game config option?

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Fishaman P said:
Ok, what?
A bug in the SRAM emulation was fixed, but it causes games to crash?
Yes, the figure 'auto sram saving' added may break the emulation.
I do think the bug if related to the original nesDS, the way it dealing with the 'Carry bit' of 6502.

Sheimi said:
Just one more request after you fix the sound. Would it be possible to save a config file for screen settings for different games. What I am trying to say is have a config file save option for the different games. So we can adjust the screen to out liking and it won't effect other games
For different .... I will add a global config file. I think there is no need to creat a per-game-config file, now....

nl255 said:
It seems that 0.42b and 0.43 won't load any of my save states. The states are from nesDS 0.40. Is there some kind of version check and if so, is there any way around it?
Keep the version you have when you were playing some games that unfinished. There is no version check, they keep different info when saving a statefile.

QUOTE(YayMii @ Mar 18 2011, 08:05 AM)
Great job on the DPCM sound! It sounds great.
I have 3 suggestions though:
1. Can you increase the volume of the audio? I noticed that the Lameboy GB emulator can produce much louder sound than nesDS, and it would be great if you could match that volume.
2. Can you fix the sprite scaling? Mario looks weird in Super Mario Bros 3 when the screen is scaled.
1. No. I tried to increase the vol, and sound was broken, because the current states of the 5 channels may have a great 'DC component', which made it impossible. It is hard to fix the 'DC level', and I think that is one of the reasons that Loopy failed to add 'DPCM'.
2. There is no sprite scaling... same to snemulDS... It does not mean that NDS doesnt support sprite scaling, but it wont work well when there is a 8x8sprite layed below another sprite.(looks like a 8x16 sprite) I havenot found a nice way to fix that... You can try nesDS0.31, in which version I tried to fix this problem.

supercarte

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Thank you for this great emulator !
yaywii.gif

Noib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
personuser said:
The best way to isolate PCM is to use/download FCEUX (currently the best PC NES emulator)

It should probably be noted that this isn't really true. Maybe if you are looking for 'debugging' features that 99.99% of users will never use or even know the reason for. It was created as an extension to the accepted TASing emulator at the time in order to add/fix more features for them. An emulator that wasn't selected because of it's accuracy. Playing games wasn't really the main focus for FCEUX...

If you actually care about accuracy or mapper support it's far from the best. You're probably best off with Nintendulator in that regard. Nestopia if that's a bit too hardcore for you.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bryon15 said:
Vigilante said:
With tihs developement of the nesds,I ask again why is there no one developing the snesds.
But though great job anyways.

Dude the snesds emulator is still being worked on. Here's the latest version:

http://gbatemp.net/t281923-catsfc-released

I think he means SnesDS (Its actual name) and was made by Loopy ages ago. Which is the worst of the Snes emulators for the DS.

CATSFC / BAGSFC > NDSSFC > SNEmulDS > SnezziDS > SNESDS.

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Killermech said:
Bryon15 said:
Vigilante said:
With tihs developement of the nesds,I ask again why is there no one developing the snesds.
But though great job anyways.

Dude the snesds emulator is still being worked on. Here's the latest version:

http://gbatemp.net/t281923-catsfc-released

I think he means SnesDS (Its actual name) and was made by Loopy ages ago. Which is the worst of the Snes emulators for the DS.

CATSFC / BAGSFC > NDSSFC > SNEmulDS > SnezziDS > SNESDS.
Oh wait made mistake there,I was actualy refering to SNEmulds
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: