Homebrew Updates about nesDS...

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
twiztidsinz said:
Yuan said:
Ducktales HUD became garbled again since the merge of EX version (0.40b I think). It was working fine on previous versions, although it doesn't fit the screen correctly.

Btw, thanks for updating the project
smile.gif
Open the Display tab and change the Sprite Render to "Per-scanline".

Solved, thanks a lot!

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible to have the SRAM be saved whenever the load rom screen is brought up (either via touchscreen or Start+Select)? It seems like that would be much easier than fully automatic SRAM saving and would make things much easier as it would not be necessary to manually save the SRAM before loading a new ROM.

Posts merged

chao1212 said:
Could you add support for mapper 163? It's used by some bootleg Chinese games.

I assume you are refering to Final Fantasy 7, right?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
Would it be possible to have the SRAM be saved whenever the load rom screen is brought up (either via touchscreen or Start+Select)? It seems like that would be much easier than fully automatic SRAM saving and would make things much easier as it would not be necessary to manually save the SRAM before loading a new ROM.Automatic SRAM saving is already implemented in v0.42b.

QUOTE(wolfmanz51 @ Mar 15 2011, 01:14 AM) How about DSi mode support?
What would really be gained?
Are there any games that suffer slowdowns?

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
wolfmanz51 said:
How about DSi mode support?
What would really be gained?
Are there any games that suffer slowdowns?

If there's any success in implementing PCM sound, I expect there to be a drop in performance that would be lessened by DSi mode, but yeah as it is now it would mainly benefit people without a flash card or with a spare SD card they'd like to load up with NES roms. I'd personally love a media player for sudokuhax, because I've got a largely empty SD card I could load up with my music collection which is really starting to horn in on my 2 GB micro SD card I use in my DS Two.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
ReiVaX18 said:
It would be nice to have support for final fantasy vii:
I was wondering why some other games are using mapper163... The 'Shenzhen Nanjing Technology Co, Ltd', which made this game, located in Shen Zhen city, China, had made a lot of games... This mapper will be added later, I am working on the DPCM now....

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great updates huiminghao! I especially like the shortcuts you added in the latest version, makes saving / loading states perfect as to before where it was a pain in the ass due to the bad clickable precision areas.

I have a tiny request that isn't really necessary if you don't want to. I was wondering if you could like add a way to change the path of where
it saves states and saving files. Like having an external config file where you can change the path manually if you don't want it to auto save the files in the same folder as your game.

The reason I'm asking for this, is that I have all the game files in one folder (around 2000 Nes games at about 400MB), now cause of this. Whenever I use save state,
the game freezes for like 5 sec (due to saving in the folder with all the files) and with the auto sram saving. You get that freeze every 8 seconds in the game (in games where it's used).
Atm I just copy the game I want to play to an empty folder as a workaround so it doesn't suffer from those delays. But it would be nice with a proper alternative.

Keep up the good work!

ReiVaX18

Trophies
XP
Country
huiminghao said:
I was wondering why some other games are using mapper163... The 'Shenzhen Nanjing Technology Co, Ltd', which made this game, located in Shen Zhen city, China, had made a lot of games... This mapper will be added later, I am working on the DPCM now....
Thanks! Keep up the good work, it's great.

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The per-scanline option & clean up of Punch-Out have been fantastic- these updates alone have made me want to carry my DSi around more than my PSP, so I just wanted to say keep up the great work!

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hmmm...

- PCM sound
- It'll be great to have multiplayer via WIFI, like in the Gemei.
- Devices support, like Light gun
- I dunno yet... but... have FDS support...
- Multigames mapping... like Caltron 6 in 1, 67 in 1, and some other clones...

Greetings and a big big big WELCOME to Huiminghao
yaynds.gif
laugh.gif

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh, multigame rom support would be awesome
there's a multigame rom which has a game called "speed howitzor"
it's just smb but it runs w/o the need to hold B
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted-236924

nl255 said:
Would it be possible to have the SRAM be saved whenever the load rom screen is brought up (either via touchscreen or Start+Select)? It seems like that would be much easier than fully automatic SRAM saving and would make things much easier as it would not be necessary to manually save the SRAM before loading a new ROM.
It probably would be feasible if save SRAM used the same shortcut as Load ROM.

QUOTE(RNorthex @ Mar 15 2011, 06:36 PM) it's just smb but it runs w/o the need to hold B
biggrin.gif

1- Click on "Lock"
2- Click on the B
3- ???
4- Profit!

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RNorthex said:
ahh, multigame rom support would be awesome
there's a multigame rom which has a game called "speed howitzor"
it's just smb but it runs w/o the need to hold B
biggrin.gif

QUOTE...
1- Click on "Lock"
2- Click on the B
3- ???
4- Profit!

What he means it that it's mario but you always run and/or shoot fireballs when B is not pressed - I'd think that might be troublesome once you get a fireflower
tongue.gif
but maybe fun.

...Have you ever played fancy bros? It's a MUCH more interesting (usually on multicarts) mario hack which is yet another reason the "pirate" mappers should be added - hell, you can tell I'm fan of the stuff just by looking at my sig
biggrin.gif
. I dunno what it is that's so attractive about them - perhaps the "kuso-ge" bile fascination.

[youtube]HH7jplKOEo0[/youtube]

Anyways, DPCM already sounds awesome man! You're really doing the DS community a HUGE favor.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible to add two more shortcuts. Specifically, Right+Start to switch between per-frame and per-scanline rendering and Left+Start to switch between alpha-lerp, flicker, and none for filtering?

D

Deleted-236924

personuser said:
What he means it that it's mario but you always run and/or shoot fireballs when B is not pressed - I'd think that might be troublesome once you get a fireflower
tongue.gif
but maybe fun.

What I just described will do the exact same thing.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
gothicall said:
Hmmm...
- PCM sound
- It'll be great to have multiplayer via WIFI, like in the Gemei.
- Devices support, like Light gun
- I dunno yet... but... have FDS support...
- Multigames mapping... like Caltron 6 in 1, 67 in 1, and some other clones...
DPCM is what I am doing now.
Currently, devkitPRO does NOT provide a way of 'DS DS' connecting via WIFI. A wireless router is needed, I dont like it that way, so there is no plan to add this figure...
I have no plan for other figures, there are alot of work now..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/5fQHvL6iO5k?si=1qrkapNMcghUj07-