twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a feature request: Automatic SRAM Saving!
I'm guessing that there's a reason for it not being in though.

Also, could the source be updated sooner? or maybe keep a current SVN?
I like to make a few changes (Swap Y+B -> B+A as default and add a Start In folder).

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a few more suggestions.
1. Can you make it so that nesDS saves its settings (such as button settings, scaling settings, last used directory, etc.)?
2. Can you implement automatic SRAM saving for those games that use it (like the Zelda games, Kirby, etc.)?
huiminghao said:
Is there anything wrong with mario 3? It runs well on my iDS.
The DPCM sound channel isn't supported right now, so the drum sounds don't play. The PocketNES emulator has DPCM support (I thought I should let you know, since nesDS is based off PocketNES).

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Using libfat from the SVN version of devkitPro instead of DLDI would be awesome. Thus, you could run it from sudokuhax, and access roms from the built in SD slot instead of using a flash cart. As it is now, when run from sudokuhax, it just shows "DLDI driver not found ...", and it's not possible to use the dldi system when in DSi mode to access the SD slot.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love nesDS! However, in the latest update (41), you write "Punch-out" is fixed, which, for the most part it is. However i noticed the boot screen in "Mike Tyson's Punch-Out" is still jumbled. ^^ i know they're two different games, but the NES works via Mappers and they share the same mapper, right? idk

Keep up the excellent work!
tongue.gif

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
huiminghao said:
Hi, I come here to tell you that some games are supported now...
'Flicker' fixed, much better now.

Punch-Out(mapper 9) works , no gfx mess.
Action 52(mapper228) and Cheetahmen II work well. Some games' CHR-ROM are larger than 256k, and that makes the orignal nesDS unable to emu them.

personuser, Do you know that there is a option of 'Sprite' under the 'Display' menubar? Maybe you can have try... I didnot find glitchy in 'akamajou dracula boku dracula-kun'
Armadillo(mapper 118) works better now, not perfect. You will not miss the BG any more.
Cheetahmen II(mapper228) works now.

Qix.. I dont understand this game, so I dont know what should I do...

After Burner(mapper68), Sorry that I forgot to fix it, next version I will.

Wizards and Warriors, I played it a little, found nothing wrong, so I did nothing to it...
Startropics, this game need a software render method with BG to get rid of the mess. nesDS didnot have this figure yet. I am now writing some codes to support it, but there is too much work, I need time..

light-gun... I also want it... no plan yet.

Is there anything wrong with mario 3? It runs well on my iDS.

argv.. I dont know how it works, can anybody give me an example(with source of course)? . I know that moonshell2 can return to the main menu of Flash-Card, but how?

OK, wow, great updates man!

Changing it to "sprite" indeed fixes boku dracula kun. Thanks!

Armadillo is indeed much improved. With all settings there is still a flashing black bar at the bottom of the screen.

CheetahMen II works flawlessly, it seems.

The "problem" with mario 3 is that it has no PCM sound, even though that has already been discussed and said to not be done for awhile, many still harp about it -_-

It would be great to integrate light gun!

There's a few things I've noticed about the emulator when testing it:

1. Selecting the "display" tab saves a state
2. Selecting the "display" tab loads it
3. Selecting the "display" tab barely ever gets to the "display" menu
tongue.gif

So fixing the menu's touch, or just having it use buttons, would be much appreciated here.

One other thing I was wondering. Could you add FDS support? You'd have to have nesds look for a disksys.rom in a specific dir, but it shouldn't be too hard; HVCA did it and that was on the GBA! (Of course you could foolishly argue as well that "pocketNES did PCM and it was on the GBA!" too, but he said he can't change sound)

These are all just suggestions tho, work at your own pace and dont let the project overwhelm ya.

Great work!

PU

sunnytimes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sweet job on the updates, thanx alot! .. can you add an automatic screen black to the bottom screen so if i save a state i don't have to hit exit for it to go black .. 10 , 20 , 30 seconds or something. thanx again.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xaeroak15 said:
From 0.40, it can play KickMaster, well enough for me.
Now the rest hope is to support turbo key.
It already does support turbo...

Huiminghao, can you put the dual-screen mode from 0.30b and make it optional? That would be great.
And +1 for Famicom Disk System support. That would be great.

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice update, and thanks for looking into the two games I mentioned. If you ever get around to looking further into the compatibility issue with Wizards and Warriors, here's how the game should look:

gfs_47019_2_1.jpg

However, everything on the status screen at the bottom is orange, and once you get to the second level it just flat out disappears, drastically diminishing the playability. If a save state from the 2nd level or right before the transition would help, let me know and I'll post one.
Thanks again.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
A lot of suggestions.. Scared me...

Exectly, nesDS is not a homebrew project. This project is compiled by devkitARM, but no libnds, libfat is used, same to the other devkitpro libs. If I want to add the 'argv' figure, I have to re-write some files to support it.
About 'SRAM auto-save'. It does not mean that nesDS cannot save sram by itself, BUT it will take a long time to save the sram file... It is weird. Maybe I can add a timer...
The settings, I will write a config file to save it....

"can you put the dual-screen mode from 0.30b and make it optional? That would be great."
Sorry I cannot. 0.30b is an EX edition, its program is totally different from 0.4x, 0.31 and 0.2x. I made it just for testing...

Sir_Voe, It seems that 'Wizards and Warriors' would change the palette of BG when the scanline comes to the bottom(which is not supported by 0.3x, 0.4x. 0.2x supports that with software rendering..) Same problem with mapper246.. I have to write a patch for the mapper, especially for this game.

I will try to update the sound instead of mappers and gfx rendering... I have little time on work days, so it would cost me two or more weeks to fix it...

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If any of this was fixed previously, I do not know as I have not read much of the past replies.

I am using nesDS EX, with the version being the 2nd version released that was not beta.

1) Battle Kid does not resize to the size of the DS screen unless I boot into ORG mode, making seeing both the ground and the inventory quite impossible.
2) Kid Dracula has annoying graphical errors in the HUD, Alucard flickers much, and it crashes nesDS EX each time I attempt to load unless I boot into ORG mode first. (I have looked for the options you speak of in Display, but no such 'sprite' options can be found.)
3) Joy Mech Fight does not display more than a black screen unless I boot into ORG mode first.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sora de Eclaune said:
If any of this was fixed previously, I do not know as I have not read much of the past replies.

I am using nesDS EX, with the version being the 2nd version released that was not beta.

1) Battle Kid does not resize to the size of the DS screen unless I boot into ORG mode, making seeing both the ground and the inventory quite impossible.
2) Kid Dracula has annoying graphical errors in the HUD, Alucard flickers much, and it crashes nesDS EX each time I attempt to load unless I boot into ORG mode first. (I have looked for the options you speak of in Display, but no such 'sprite' options can be found.)
3) Joy Mech Fight does not display more than a black screen unless I boot into ORG mode first.
All of those were fixed in 0.40, since 0.40 is practically just the ORG version with the fixes from the EX version (and a few more fixes, but you get the point).

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
huiminghao said:
A lot of suggestions.. Scared me...

Exectly, nesDS is not a homebrew project. This project is compiled by devkitARM, but no libnds, libfat is used, same to the other devkitpro libs. If I want to add the 'argv' figure, I have to re-write some files to support it.
About 'SRAM auto-save'. It does not mean that nesDS cannot save sram by itself, BUT it will take a long time to save the sram file... It is weird. Maybe I can add a timer...
The settings, I will write a config file to save it....

"can you put the dual-screen mode from 0.30b and make it optional? That would be great."
Sorry I cannot. 0.30b is an EX edition, its program is totally different from 0.4x, 0.31 and 0.2x. I made it just for testing...

Sir_Voe, It seems that 'Wizards and Warriors' would change the palette of BG when the scanline comes to the bottom(which is not supported by 0.3x, 0.4x. 0.2x supports that with software rendering..) Same problem with mapper246.. I have to write a patch for the mapper, especially for this game.

I will try to update the sound instead of mappers and gfx rendering... I have little time on work days, so it would cost me two or more weeks to fix it...

Could you add hotkeys for saving/loading savestates, saving the SRAM, and bringing up the rom menu? Something like Down+Start = save state, Up+Start = load state, Left+Start = save sram, Start+Select = load ROM menu. I know there is an unofficial version that can do that (except for the save SRAM hotkey) but it would be nice to have it built into the official release. Also, set the default scaling so everything fits completely onto the top screen if it isn't set that way already.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
Could you add hotkeys for saving/loading savestates, saving the SRAM, and bringing up the rom menu? Something like Down+Start = save state, Up+Start = load state, Left+Start = save sram, Start+Select = load ROM menu. I know there is an unofficial version that can do that (except for the save SRAM hotkey) but it would be nice to have it built into the official release. Also, set the default scaling so everything fits completely onto the top screen if it isn't set that way already.
http://gbatemp.net/t278389-nesds-ex?view=f...t&p=3513611

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
nl255 said:
http://gbatemp.net/t278389-nesds-ex?view=f...t&p=3513611
That's 0.40b. If you haven't noticed, there's a 0.41 now, and there's no mod like that for it yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0