Hacking updateing to 4.2 via nentendo

weirdfate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as i post now i am running the update on my system. Dont ask me why i just wanted to. I have a guide to re hack this system menu so i (because i have no life) wanted to see if its as easy as it looks. So what has not been able to be rehacked on this update or is every thing back to normal?

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
You should have not updated to 4.2

THERE ABSOLUTELY NO point.

You're upgraded to Boot2v4, removes HAXX ticket along with DVDx (These are able to re install though
wink.gif
)
Removed Preloader suppport since System menu 4.2 runs on IOS70 (Which is the only new IOS)

Most IOS' are updated.

IOS60 is a stub now, I'm pretty sure you have to delete the stub IOS's that nintendo put up to block cIOS's, you cannot downgrade anymore, and if by any chance you have boot2v1-3 (Before you updated) then you have a chance of an unrecoverable brick. (Because nintendo made an extremely buggy boot2 code to update)

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dai-a said:
You should have not updated to 4.2

THERE ABSOLUTELY NO point.

You're upgraded to Boot2v4, removes HAXX ticket along with DVDx (These are able to re install though
wink.gif
)
Removed Preloader suppport since System menu 4.2 runs on IOS70 (Which is the only new IOS)

Most IOS' are updated.

IOS60 is a stub now, I'm pretty sure you have to delete the stub IOS's that nintendo put up to block cIOS's, you cannot downgrade anymore, and if by any chance you have boot2v1-3 (Before you updated) then you have a chance of an unrecoverable brick. (Because nintendo made an extremely buggy boot2 code to update)

preloader support is not "removed". it still runs fine on 4.2, just needs to be re-installed with the correct hacks.ini file.

...but yeah...bad move on the Nintendo update guy.

Weiseguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will it brick because he had HBC installed still?

I wanted to update mine because I was having some trouble after uninstalling HBC (so I could reinstall it) and finding I cannot get bannerbomb to load right to reinstall.

I had some cIOS installed, so will a nintendo update brick it or return it to a "virgin" 4.2 (instead of screwed up 4.1, heh).

see my topic for some more details i guess

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Both of my wiis had boot2v3 on them i did the official update through nintendo and now have boot2v4 on both of them.Both updates went without any hitches.

Both were fully hacked before the update and both are fully hacked again after the update and work without any problems at all and that includes preloader on 4.2U.

weirdfate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it still boots with bootmii and the system can still load preloader and the hacks still load but....

Now that nintendo stubed out 249 i cant load any wads or downgrade!!! o well ill look around im sure theres a way to get 249 back...

weirdfate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i got 249 back but dop iso still says its a useless stub but it loads and allows me to install apps and such?

weirdfate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok problem.. I have backups showing in disk chanel but no mater what hacks.ini i grb preloader wont load them? any ideas?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
weirdfate said:
well i got 249 back but dop iso still says its a useless stub but it loads and allows me to install apps and such?

Dop ios is saying that because it checks nintendo for the latest versions of the ios files.The only 249 ios from nintendo is a stub.
Dop ios will say its a newer version because it is.Thats how it overwrites the original cios249 because its a higher version and when you do an
official update it will overwrite the one from waninkoko.

weirdfate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
olliepop2000 said:
I had to re-read the OP i couldn't believe what I saw, what a fool.
yes i am but i wanted to see what would happen

ifish: how do i remove the stubs?

I tried to load any title deleter and it shows removed but when i try to install it from a wad i downloaded it still shows as a stub in dop....

I will overcome this some how!!!!!!!

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quick question I updated to 4.2E on release just to check any new features sadly nothing
frown.gif

I hacked it my self by using Indiana pwns and using IOS250 as the trucha bug source. Does this mean I cant downgrade to anything below 3.4 anymore? Because I have boot2v4...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y