NeoVander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I'm on 3.0.0 and I have HomeBrew of course, but my Zelda game needs to be updated in order to work, but I want to know if there's a way to bypass this and to get this game launched.
And btw should I stay on 3.0.0 or update to the latest version and wait for a new exploit release (For cfw etc..) ?
Thanks !!

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello,
I'm on 3.0.0 and I have HomeBrew of course, but my Zelda game needs to be updated in order to work, but I want to know if there's a way to bypass this and to get this game launched.
And btw should I stay on 3.0.0 or update to the latest version and wait for a new exploit release (For cfw etc..) ?
Thanks !!
If you're not in too much of a rush I would wait. Emunand for Switch is being worked on and then you'll be able to play Zelda.

Reactions: GunzOfNavarone

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you really want to keep using the Homebrew you currently have, stay on 3.0.0
If you would rather play Zelda, update.
If you dont mind the hassle, find a 000 copy of Zelda

5.0.X already can use Homebrew through fusee gelee (while most dont work still, they will update soon since it just got released) so its not too much trouble to update.

NeoVander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks all

Let me explain, I dumbly removed update of the zelda but now, even if I'm offline it's ask me to connect, anf if I do, it's ask me to update the console..
Now, if I format the console, will it keep the version, and will the console forget the game update ?

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks all

Let me explain, I dumbly removed update of the zelda but now, even if I'm offline it's ask me to connect, anf if I do, it's ask me to update the console..
Now, if I format the console, will it keep the version, and will the console forget the game update ?
Nope. Wait or update the system. Format will not have an effect from what I have seen.

Reactions: NeoVander

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For this, I need to have switchx pro nah ?

No, you don't need it. The exploit can be done through a simple hardmod (bending some pins). You can search around and find a decent guide about it, but I'd advise to wait a bit more since CFW is not so far away from release and with it more easy ways to exploit your firmware could be provided

TL;DR: it's best to wait.

Last edited by lukhart,

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you don't need it. The exploit can be done through a simple hardmod (bending some pins). You can search around and find a decent guide about it, but I'd advise to wait a bit more since CFW is not so far away from release and with it more easy ways to exploit your firmware could be provided

wrong you can hardmod the joycons/bind some pins or use a wire to short pin 10 on the switch.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

NeoVander

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

So I have to desteoy my JoyCons and buy something to open them..

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So I have to desteoy my JoyCons and buy something to open them..
No, look for a 3D printed jig on eBay. It achieves the same thing without having to open anything.

The exploit is already released. We're waiting for the CFW. Different thing. I can't imagine they will burn another exploit unnecessarily when the one we have works.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you're somewhat in the sweetspot for homebrew and future cfw, I wouldn't update. you'll likely regret it. no matter how simple FG and shorting the pins sounds or may be, its still a hassle you will likely despise the second you have to do it more than once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice