Hacking Updated With DSL

bluepowelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys and dolls,after a lovely year of enjoyment with ak2i, my son decided to update to 1.4.3!! I managed to update the ak2i via my old dsl and r4.

But when I put it in my dsi xl it says no card in slot I also have a 3ds on 3.0 and my friend has one on 2.2 and same result no card!!

Any ideas?

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you update using the latest firmware on the Acekard website?

Also, does it still work in your DSL?

bluepowelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes updated with latest firmware off website. It's a contact issue with dsl! It's taking me ages to get it to work, I have packed the card til it is jammed and still no joy, keeps saying card error re-insert. Then all of a sudden it will say calculating 100%. I thought it had done but when it says press start for next card or re-boot, I pressed start and it said card error again. Looks like I will have to track down another dsl tomorrow, or any suggestions?

Thanks for your help

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes updated with latest firmware off website. It's a contact issue with dsl! It's taking me ages to get it to work, I have packed the card til it is jammed and still no joy, keeps saying card error re-insert. Then all of a sudden it will say calculating 100%. I thought it had done but when it says press start for next card or re-boot, I pressed start and it said card error again. Looks like I will have to track down another dsl tomorrow, or any suggestions?

Thanks for your help
DS lite can't block flashcarts, so it's not a problem with your lite. I think your ak2i is bricked. Try reflashing your ak2i, since you have a ds lite and another flashcart (the r4 you mentioned on the first post). Here are the procedures of reflashing: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader#Unbricking_a_bricked_cart

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you should make sure you didn't try paper that was to thick. it is possible to bend a slot-1 pin if you put to much force against it.

other flash kits/retail games are still working?

i have 12 acekards sitting in front of me that all have contact issues on the xl but not the lite. everything else works perfectly fine in my xl. the ak2i is built like shite, its a sad truth we must accept.

-another world

bluepowelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It read perfectly on the 3ds and dsi xl, with the error turn off power blah blah. But now it just says no card, so the update might have done something? Still trying to get hold of another dsl, do u think it will help anyway?

Thanks

bluepowelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yipeeeeeee I found another dsl and it updated, now it reads chronicles of narnia but file missing now!! What now??? Thanks all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.