Updated eshop on emunand, now it won't boot

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by wafflepacman, Mar 30, 2017.

1. wafflepacman
    OP

wafflepacman Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    United States
    Hi guys,

I was playing Monster Hunter xx and tried to update the game through the eshop. When I launched eshop, I had a message saying a system update was available. I let the update run, but since then my emunand has not been able to boot from rxtools. The screen flickers between black and slightly less black when trying to start emunand.

I double-checked my sysnand, and I did not update it by mistake. It's been years since I've had to fiddle with my 3DS's CFW. Do you guys have any troubleshooting tips for me?

Thanks!

2. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    What CFW are you using?

3. wafflepacman
    OP

wafflepacman Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    United States
    The firmware on my sysnand is RX-S 9.2.0-20U, if that's what you mean? I'm not sure how to check what version of rxtools I'm on, but the home page says "rxtools with pasta."

Last edited by wafflepacman, Mar 30, 2017
  4. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Why are you still using RxTools? Thats why it does not work, RxTools is very outdated

Do you want to be updated to the latest hacks? (Aka Arm9LoaderHax)

5. KirinRaikage

KirinRaikage Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2014
    France
    Paris, France
    Ouch, you were still using RxTools ? You should have updated to LumaCFW or never ReiNand at least. Maybe your firmware version is the reason why it won't boot, I don't really know.

Envoyé de mon ZUK Z1 en utilisant Tapatalk

6. wafflepacman
    OP

wafflepacman Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    United States

Haha like I said it's been years! Sure I'd love to be updated to the latest CFW/hacks. Is there an easy way to transition from rxtools to LumaCFW/ReiNand? Can I just follow one of the guides here, or does me having rxtools complicate things? I'm on an o3ds if that matters.

Last edited by wafflepacman, Mar 30, 2017
  7. KirinRaikage

KirinRaikage Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2014
    France
    Paris, France
    You can follow the bible of 3DS setup for CFW : https://3ds.guide
    Just follow all the steps and start from there, it's easy !

Envoyé de mon ZUK Z1 en utilisant Tapatalk