Status
Not open for further replies.

[UPDATE] WiiU Production Officially Ends in Japan

wii-u-gamepad-controller.jpg
As reported earlier, Nintendo planned the inevitable end of WiiU production sometime "soon".

It appears that the time has finally come and the console has stopped being produced in Japan according to the hardware section of Nintendo Japan’s website.

UPDATE: In a statement to Kotaku, Nintendo of America stated that "WiiU production has ended globally."

:arrow: SOURCE, UPDATE SOURCE

Last edited by Prans,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
T^T i never played on wii u.. i never seen some Wii U, i lose something?
Nothing really relevant I think.
There were a couple of very good games (and I guess they will be ported to Switch).
The Wii U experience was never fully developed, so I think you will not miss the gamepad as a virtual window.
I think it will probably be forgotten.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing really relevant I think.
There were a couple of very good games (and I guess they will be ported to Switch).
The Wii U experience was never fully developed, so I think you will not miss the gamepad as a virtual window.
I think it will probably be forgotten.
sure theyll be ported to switch, absolutely
z5HVJbA.gif

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean it had a few good games, plus it can play wii games. It was a failure because of marketing, nothing else. For about 2 years, i thought the Wii U was an addon for the Wii.
yea me too...
for the first few month, I though it was a gamepad compatible with wii, like i was at walmart asking if it was possible to buy the gamepad only, without the console, since i already had a wii

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea me too...
for the first few month, I though it was a gamepad compatible with wii, like i was at walmart asking if it was possible to buy the gamepad only, without the console, since i already had a wii
But, once i got past that i started to quite enjoy my wii u, it's my go-to console now for party games/1v1ng my friends in Smash/making my own levels in mario maker.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i want wii T^T
supra mayro glaxi
uh...?

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, the text in Japanese says: "We have finished all the production of WiiU in Japan".

For me, the Wii U was an unforgettable memory with all the hours I played Super Mario 3D World with my ex girlfriend.
Despite being a kids game, that game is very romantic if you play it with a gf :P

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's so sad because the Switch isn't backwards compatible and there are some great gems on the Wii U. Games like Xeno X and SMTxFE will become lost classics eventually, let alone great platformers as yoshis wooly world or truly innovative games like captain toad.

Hope for backwards compatibility lies within whatever nintendo has in store for succeeding the 3DS, which could come up after the Switch is a confirmed flop.

R.I.P. Wii U, 3rd party support was bad but Nintendo titles made it great. You will be missed.

Reactions: Stealphie

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so sad because the Switch isn't backwards compatible and there are some great gems on the Wii U. Games like Xeno X and SMTxFE will become lost classics eventually, let alone great platformers as yoshis wooly world or truly innovative games like captain toad.

Hope for backwards compatibility lies within whatever nintendo has in store for succeeding the 3DS, which could come up after the Switch is a confirmed flop.

R.I.P. Wii U, 3rd party support was bad but Nintendo titles made it great. You will be missed.
Missing mario maker there, also why Xenoblade X? The OG wii had Xenoblade Chronicles 1, which was MILES better, and the Switch is gonna have Xenoblade 2.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

hey it might become like the Nes in like 10-20 years, some kind of mass nostalgy and everyone will seek a wii u on ebay, and nintendo will release the Wii U Classic

imagine, in 10-20 years, the tablet will be the same, but the console will be the size of a small 3ds

Last edited by Noctosphere,

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey it might become like the Nes in like 10-20 years, some kind of mass nostalgy and everyone will seek a wii u on ebay, and nintendo will release the Wii U Classic

imagine, in 10-20 years, the tablet will be the same, but the console will be the size of a small 3ds
*Wii U Mini, no Internet or SD Card access.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Missing mario maker there, also why Xenoblade X? The OG wii had Xenoblade Chronicles 1, which was MILES better, and the Switch is gonna have Xenoblade 2.

I'm missing a lot of stuff there. Though I liked Xeno Chronicles story better that was all I liked about it, I loved exploring Xeno X and it's an improvement overall. It was undeniably a good RPG.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Xeno 2 is going to be postponed, then postponed again and after the Switch flops they might release it. Not much innovation, lack of decent controllers shipped with it and Capcom support for it being a port of Street Fighter II is pretty much a statement about the future of Switch.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
The Wii U was just a small upgrade to the Wii. Just like the original gba to the sp, dsi to the ds, the new 3ds to the old. People who expected it to be on par with the PS3 and Xbox 360 would see it as a failure. No support came from other devs because Nintendo now make shite consoles for devs to work with and easy to hack. To me the Wii U is the best system currently on the planet as an emulation machine. I can see the switch being a bigger failure. For a start it's marketing is so crap. Are people really gonna meet up everywhere with there switches and multi play together. No. Most games are all gonna be ports of older games with only Nintendo releasing a few first party games throughout its lifespan. Nintendo has lost the home console war I'm afraid.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Wii U was just a small upgrade to the Wii. Just like the original gba to the sp, dsi to the ds, the new 3ds to the old. People who expected it to be on par with the PS3 and Xbox 360 would see it as a failure. No support came from other devs because Nintendo now make shite consoles for devs to work with and easy to hack. To me the Wii U is the best system currently on the planet as an emulation machine. I can see the switch being a bigger failure. For a start it's marketing is so crap. Are people really gonna meet up everywhere with there switches and multi play together. No. Most games are all gonna be ports of older games with only Nintendo releasing a few first party games throughout its lifespan. Nintendo has lost the home console war I'm afraid.
lets be honest, who in the world buy a nintendo console for third party game?
99.99% of nintendo cl;ient buy their console mainly for first-party game or exclusive

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
lets be honest, who in the world buy a nintendo console for third party game?
99.99% of nintendo cl;ient buy their console mainly for first-party game or exclusive
True and it's a crappy line up from the start. Nintendo consoles survive the first year with backwards compatibility usually but there is none here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT