Status
Not open for further replies.

[UPDATE] WiiU Production Officially Ends in Japan

wii-u-gamepad-controller.jpg
As reported earlier, Nintendo planned the inevitable end of WiiU production sometime "soon".

It appears that the time has finally come and the console has stopped being produced in Japan according to the hardware section of Nintendo Japan’s website.

UPDATE: In a statement to Kotaku, Nintendo of America stated that "WiiU production has ended globally."

:arrow: SOURCE, UPDATE SOURCE

Last edited by Prans,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

So, the text in Japanese says: "We have finished all the production of WiiU in Japan".

For me, the Wii U was an unforgettable memory with all the hours I played Super Mario 3D World with my ex girlfriend.
Despite being a kids game, that game is very romantic if you play it with a gf :P
Mario 3D World a kids game? Try 100% it all and the special stages.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh yea Nintendo messed up this console bad im honestly going to miss it and the olny reason ihave it out right now is becuase my wii is old and i think it needs a rest also i hope homebrew keep this thing alive like they are still kind doing it for the wii

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wonder how long till Nintendo shuts down servers >.>

That is a question id would like answered also will there be wiimifi support

Fronic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But there are very very few games not exclusive to either ps4 or xb1 that also arent available for pc
Actually, if you look it up outside of Nintendo exclusives rarely sell consoles. Most people are just getting the new CoD on the system that their friends are getting. I will say that Uncharted did help PS4 but it still has only sold to roughly 15% of all PS4 owners, underselling the top 4-6 selling Wii U games. Of course I don't have exact numbers but those are what have been reported.

sonic1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And no one would have doubted you even back then
Where I think Nintendo went wrong with the Wii U was the Gamepad, the Wii U should have been like the Switch, a home and portable console.

That's what I thought it was when it first came out.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.