Status
Not open for further replies.

[UPDATE] WiiU Production Officially Ends in Japan

wii-u-gamepad-controller.jpg
As reported earlier, Nintendo planned the inevitable end of WiiU production sometime "soon".

It appears that the time has finally come and the console has stopped being produced in Japan according to the hardware section of Nintendo Japan’s website.

UPDATE: In a statement to Kotaku, Nintendo of America stated that "WiiU production has ended globally."

:arrow: SOURCE, UPDATE SOURCE

Last edited by Prans,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never owned Wii U at all. By the way, I am so happy that it is now dead. It is ugly looking and gamepad is, oh m gosh, too thick. Same ugly as this:

super_nintendo_misc_box2.jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It needs to be illegal to shut down the online servers regardless if you have a new console to sell. There needs to be a preservation order for online servers so they cannot be switched off and shut down like original Wii.

It's a shame it failed
How do you propose having such a law be a thing? If by some miracle it did pass and did not get struck down for being all kinds of against human rights and concepts underpinning laws then surely it would just make people not do online lest they get lumped with something they have to support. Going further then what happens to my custom server in unreal or something, one with my own custom maps. Would I be troubled by that law?
Also as far as I know it was the demise of gamespy that tanked wii and DS online functionality

As for the "shame it failed" then was it really? I view it as more of an inevitable result of them releasing a bad device.

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you propose having such a law be a thing? If by some miracle it did pass and did not get struck down for being all kinds of against human rights and concepts underpinning laws then surely it would just make people not do online lest they get lumped with something they have to support. Going further then what happens to my custom server in unreal or something, one with my own custom maps. Would I be troubled by that law?
Also as far as I know it was the demise of gamespy that tanked wii and DS online functionality

As for the "shame it failed" then was it really? I view it as more of an inevitable result of them releasing a bad device.

Apologies for delayed reply, just saw the message.
I'm not sure about the legal side of it. I believe there should be 1 server for all games (like game spy I guess) and new games can be added to run through it in future, but no games would be removed or shut down ever. In 20 years time I expect to be able to play Mario kart 8 online on the og WiiU. Not sure how custom maps/servers would work, i imagine a patched game like wiimmfi would be needed if you wanted custom stuff. I believe the core multiplayer modes should be available forever.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Leaving aside issues of single point of failure (gamespy itself providing a very nice example) then if custom stuff is tricky what chance is there when matters of taste become matters of law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality