[UPDATE] Phantom Dust HD Remaster Comes to PC and XboxOne For Free

Capture.JPG

One of the original Xbox's classic titles is getting the HD-remaster treatment and it's coming to PC and Xbox One all for free and no later than today!

Announced during E3 2016 for a 2017 release, the game will finally be available to download today, May 16th.

According to Polygon’s interview with Adam Isgreen, the producer, there will be optional paid DLCs:

“There’s a free DLC download you can do the minute you start the game that gives you a whole bunch of skills and an arsenal case so you can jump right into multiplayer with a nice assortment of cards that you can build decks from. We’ve also got a whole bunch of accelerants that are in the game on the multiplayer side, so if you want all of the skills immediately, for a couple bucks, you can get all of the skills.

We haven’t changed anything about the way that the original game worked; we’ve just added this as a convenience thing.
So if people want to grind and they want to play exactly like they did when the original game came out, that is all in place. Everything about how the game works and functions is there. We really wanted to allow people to jump into multiplayer and play immediately."

For those unfamiliar with the game, it is an arena battler built for four players, where players build their skills using decks of cards. It was initially developed and released by Microsoft Japan and arrived to the west near the end of the original Xbox's lifetime. In the video below, Isgreen gives you an intro to the game:

We'll update the post with the link to download the game once the devs wake up it's available.

UPDATE:
The download link is now live! You can check it below. Enjoy!

:arrow: SOURCE
:download: DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited by Prans,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's a free game that doesn't require an additional download (since you already have the Store) if you're like 50%+ of Steam's userbase and have Windows 10. It's really no one's loss but your own. You'll have to find some other games to add to your Steam games list that you'll never play.
Meh, I've bought stuff from the Windows store and it just sucks, usually not even worth starting it. I've played most (85%) of my Steam library including cheap/free games, even if a lot of the concepts don't hook me long-term. Several of my games are those I have played through on other platforms or before Steam came along, of course. It's just convenient.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Pedeadstrian He probably focuses his achievements and playtime on Steam and wants to push this on.

I think it's a big deal for Microsoft finding a way to compete with Steam though.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Pedeadstrian He probably focuses his achievements and playtime on Steam and wants to push this on.

I think it's a big deal for Microsoft finding a way to compete with Steam though.
It's not a big deal, because they're not trying to compete (at least in this situation). It was an Xbox exclusive made by Microsoft Game Company several years ago. All they did was release it on their own store (for free). Since Microsoft rolled out their Play Anywhere iniative, it only makes sense to release it both for Xbox 1 and PC (Windows 10).

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure some ppl like it, and "hey, it's free" but oh my god is it ugly, clunky and just no. The player character looks similar yet worse than joker from injustice 2 if that's even possible. The general concept is unique and kinda cool, but the execution is terrible. From the walking/running animation to the fact that this is called an "HD remaster" I get it, it was ported to "be compatible" with hd screens/hardware/whatever, but to call it a remaster it just ludicrous. If it was remastered from 32bit i might say it was a job well done. The only good looking, crisp graphic in the entire game is the title logo i looked at at i opened the menu to delete it from my xbox.

tldr: FUCK IT'S UGLY!!!
/rant

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure some ppl like it, and "hey, it's free" but oh my god is it ugly, clunky and just no. The player character looks similar yet worse than joker from injustice 2 if that's even possible. The general concept is unique and kinda cool, but the execution is terrible. From the walking/running animation to the fact that this is called an "HD remaster" I get it, it was ported to "be compatible" with hd screens/hardware/whatever, but to call it a remaster it just ludicrous. If it was remastered from 32bit i might say it was a job well done. The only good looking, crisp graphic in the entire game is the title logo i looked at at i opened the menu to delete it from my xbox.

tldr: FUCK IT'S UGLY!!!
/rant
Yeah... the main character's face in the cinematics is... nightmare-inducing.

Reactions: V0ltr0n

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL