Homebrew Update luma 3ds

Brunorb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I'm using luma 3ds version 6.1.1 and i want to update this.
In github site have 4 archives to download for star updater, i download all and put them on sd card but in homebrew doesn't appear nothing to install.
On github says "
If you use a custom path, create an update.cfg file in /luma/ and put your complete path (including the forward slash) in the file. It should look like:
/a9lh/luma.bin" but i dont know what it means, someone can help me. Thanks

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're doing this the hard way. FBI has a function called TitleDB, which is a list of homebrew applications. Through that, you can download a homebrew app called Luma 3DS Updater, which will do exactly what it says on the tin - automate the process of updating Luma 3DS. You can even download an app called Homebr3w, which will keep track of the version numbers of any homebrew you install using it, and help you keep everything up to date.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you feel you need to manually update it but dont Want to constantly muck w/ removing your SD, look on "that" Site for the MicroSD Management page (if you have an O3DS)and all that needs replacing on updating is your luma payload (if all you use is luma and no Bootloaders, then simply keep it as arm9loaderhax.bin in root

Pathchangers still work but are depreciated, to set the path if you use a renamed .bin you have it pretty much half right. you make a empty .txt file in SD:/luma/ named path.txt
and teh first line hasto be like this now Say you have it as luma.bin in say SD:/Payloads/

ya put in your txt file "/Payloads/luma.bin" (theres no drive letters to the 3DS, so like linux/unix, root is defined by teh first trailing / )

setting the path cant be skipped however when its not the booting arm9loaderhax.bin while it'll work w/o one defined you cannot use your settings, you cannot use DS mode games, you cannot use GBA VC, nor can you play any games that run in High Memory Mode (as they all Reboot After launch.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: Just started God of War 2 on the PS2